Skip to content

mock draft thread

The Browns Board
207 27 7.2k
  • http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/The-2015-NBC-7-NFL-Mock-Draft-299432451.html

    I don't like this one.

    Passing on a rare NT is a bad idea, but maybe Farmer has been blowing smoke about a WR in one.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/The-2015-NBC-7-NFL-Mock-Draft-299432451.html

    I don't like this one.

    Passing on a rare NT is a bad idea, but maybe Farmer has been blowing smoke about a WR in one.

    WSS

    They also have Gurley going #3. Those days are over.

  • http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/The-2015-NBC-7-NFL-Mock-Draft-299432451.html

    I don't like this one.

    Passing on a rare NT is a bad idea, but maybe Farmer has been blowing smoke about a WR in one.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/The-2015-NBC-7-NFL-Mock-Draft-299432451.html

    I don't like this one.

    Passing on a rare NT is a bad idea, but maybe Farmer has been blowing smoke about a WR in one.

    WSS

    Ugh....not only did he pass on shelton for a WR, but he also picked Armstead...who will be a massive bust(heck, wasn't even good in college).....

    here's the first paragraph from that Mock, which should have been the clue that this mock was clue(less).....

    """I have never put together a mock draft for anything before in my entire life, but as usually happens, curiosity finally got the best of me. So, after reading multiple other mock drafts and realizing I probably can't possibly sound too much less educated than everybody else on this subject, let's give this a whirl."""

  • ... but it had some funny moments:

    "21 - CIN: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

    Peat has the makings of a solid, dependable tackle. Exactly the kind of guy the Bengals need to 11-5 and watch Andy Dalton throw 4 interceptions in playoff loss."

  • Not to mention a "project" @ #19...

    WSS

  • Project is being kind. It's a word that implies Armstead has at least flashed dominant ability.

  • Project is being kind. It's a word that implies Armstead has at least flashed dominant ability.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Project is being kind. It's a word that implies Armstead has at least flashed dominant ability.

    he sucks.....wont even go in the first.....book it!

  • Mayock listed Armstead as his #2 interior dline prospect.

    .......and that's about the last time I listen to that guy.

  • Of course if Marcus Mariota slips to number 12 I'd imagine a good deal could be struck with the Chipster...

    #20, years first round pick and Sambo?

    WSS

  • Of course if Marcus Mariota slips to number 12 I'd imagine a good deal could be struck with the Chipster...

    #20, years first round pick and Sambo?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Of course if Marcus Mariota slips to number 12 I'd imagine a good deal could be struck with the Chipster...

    #20, years first round pick and Sambo?

    WSS

    I would rather just have Mariota.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Of course if Marcus Mariota slips to number 12 I'd imagine a good deal could be struck with the Chipster...

    #20, years first round pick and Sambo?

    WSS

    I would rather just have Mariota.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I would rather just have Mariota.

    I'd rather have two first-round picks this year and next year.

    WSS

  • After reading about Mingo's shoulder and weight issues, I'm thinking OLB is our biggest need. Yes, even bigger than NT. they could pick up Brown at 19 and hope a good OLB/DE falls to them at 12. WR or TE in the second round.

  • After reading about Mingo's shoulder and weight issues, I'm thinking OLB is our biggest need. Yes, even bigger than NT. they could pick up Brown at 19 and hope a good OLB/DE falls to them at 12. WR or TE in the second round.

    @frenchie said:

    After reading about Mingo's shoulder and weight issues, I'm thinking OLB is our biggest need. Yes, even bigger than NT. they could pick up Brown at 19 and hope a good OLB/DE falls to them at 12. WR or TE in the second round.

    Again, Brown won't be there at 19. He won't make it past San Fran.

  • @frenchie said:

    After reading about Mingo's shoulder and weight issues, I'm thinking OLB is our biggest need. Yes, even bigger than NT. they could pick up Brown at 19 and hope a good OLB/DE falls to them at 12. WR or TE in the second round.

    Again, Brown won't be there at 19. He won't make it past San Fran.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Brown won't be there at 19. He won't make it past San Fran.

    I have yet to see a poll where Brown is taken before 19. SF will go defense but I'm thinking OLB or CB. This is a deep draft for defense

  • Let's say the Browns go DL/OL in the first round. As they meet at the end of the first day, they have 8 picks (which is a lot) and some interesting options in round 2 with WR's: Agholor, Strong, Green-Beckman Coates, Devon Smith TE: Maxx, QB: Petty, Hundley, Grayson, the Browns could trade up and take their highest rated QB on the board. That would be an interesting move. I see us addressing QB, TE, and WR in rounds 2-4. I don't think they go DL/OL in round one but OLB/DL instead.

  • This is an odd year for me for quarterbacks. I've stated my support for Winston, Mariota, Hundley and Petty. I truly think each one of them will become a viable NFL starter - to what level is to be determined.

    This draft could be similar to the 2004 NFL Draft - where Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Losman and Schaub were all drafted...with Winston and Mariota assuming the roles of Manning and Rivers and Hundley, Grayson and Petty fighting over who gets to be Roethlisberger, Losman or Schaub.

    So, how do you rank them (in terms of who will have the best career) and what would be your prime scenario?

    Personally, I rank them:

    Mariota
    Winston
    Hundley
    Petty
    Grayson

    As much as I want Mariota, though, I think the absolute best situation for the Browns would be solidifying the DL, adding a playmaking WR, adding a bookend tackle, and then taking a run on Petty in the third.

    My perfect scenario would be

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT
    Round 1 Pick 19: Andrus Peat, OT
    Round 2 Pick 11: Eric Kendricks, ILB or Bernardrick McKinney, ILB
    Round 3 Pick 13: Bryce Petty, QB,
    Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Kroft, TE of Jeff Heuerman, TE
    Round 4 Pick 16: Kwon Alexander, OLB

    I did this mock and took players based solely on playmaking ability and potential, rather than proven production, transferability of skills, etc.

    Round 1 Pick 12: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    Round 1 Pick 19: Arik Armstead, DT/DE, Oregon
    Round 2 Pick 11: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida
    Round 3 Pick 13: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
    Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
    Round 4 Pick 16: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia

  • http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25152515/nfl-mock-draft-50-eagles-trade-twice-to-land-marcus-mariota

    I'm on my phone and out and about so I didn't look at it in great detail BUT the gist seems to be trading with the eagles and acquiring Sam Bradford and drafting the big tackle Collins in the first. Really not a terrible scenario if teams have faith in his knees. The trade spit balls 12th overall for Bradford and the eagles third. Bradford despite the injuries doesn't have a ton of wear and tear otherwise and he's a high character guy. Interesting scenario.

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

  • Not bad.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Again, Brown won't be there at 19. He won't make it past San Fran.

    I have yet to see a poll where Brown is taken before 19. SF will go defense but I'm thinking OLB or CB. This is a deep draft for defense

    @frenchie said:

    I have yet to see a poll where Brown is taken before 19. SF will go defense but I'm thinking OLB or CB. This is a deep draft for defense

    OLB? Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith. Why would they go OLB again?

  • http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25152515/nfl-mock-draft-50-eagles-trade-twice-to-land-marcus-mariota

    I'm on my phone and out and about so I didn't look at it in great detail BUT the gist seems to be trading with the eagles and acquiring Sam Bradford and drafting the big tackle Collins in the first. Really not a terrible scenario if teams have faith in his knees. The trade spit balls 12th overall for Bradford and the eagles third. Bradford despite the injuries doesn't have a ton of wear and tear otherwise and he's a high character guy. Interesting scenario.

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    @vagitron said:

    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25152515/nfl-mock-draft-50-eagles-trade-twice-to-land-marcus-mariota

    I'm on my phone and out and about so I didn't look at it in great detail BUT the gist seems to be trading with the eagles and acquiring Sam Bradford and drafting the big tackle Collins in the first. Really not a terrible scenario if teams have faith in his knees. The trade spit balls 12th overall for Bradford and the eagles third. Bradford despite the injuries doesn't have a ton of wear and tear otherwise and he's a high character guy. Interesting scenario.

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    That's a nightmare situation, in my opinon.

  • http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25152515/nfl-mock-draft-50-eagles-trade-twice-to-land-marcus-mariota

    I'm on my phone and out and about so I didn't look at it in great detail BUT the gist seems to be trading with the eagles and acquiring Sam Bradford and drafting the big tackle Collins in the first. Really not a terrible scenario if teams have faith in his knees. The trade spit balls 12th overall for Bradford and the eagles third. Bradford despite the injuries doesn't have a ton of wear and tear otherwise and he's a high character guy. Interesting scenario.

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    @vagitron said:

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    I think the view is that Mitch, while limited, is quite serviceable at RT. Collins or any high OT makes no sense to me as Mitch cannot beat out any of our interior guys and Joe T ain't going anywhere for a while.