Skip to content

mock draft thread

The Browns Board
207 27 7.2k
  • A first round prospect on the Oline this year is a pick best spent elsewhere. Pretty simple. With the way some of these articles are constructed you'd think he was the worst RT in the league.

  • @vagitron said:

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    I think the view is that Mitch, while limited, is quite serviceable at RT. Collins or any high OT makes no sense to me as Mitch cannot beat out any of our interior guys and Joe T ain't going anywhere for a while.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think the view is that Mitch, while limited, is quite serviceable at RT. Collins or any high OT makes no sense to me as Mitch cannot beat out any of our interior guys and Joe T ain't going anywhere for a while.

    I researched Collins a little bit last night and it seems scouts believe he can play across the entire line at a high level. He's regarded as one of the safest picks in the draft.

  • @vagitron said:

    Edit: although are the browns down on Schwartz? Unless someone projects to the interior.

    I think the view is that Mitch, while limited, is quite serviceable at RT. Collins or any high OT makes no sense to me as Mitch cannot beat out any of our interior guys and Joe T ain't going anywhere for a while.

    @tour2ma said:

    I think the view is that Mitch, while limited, is quite serviceable at RT. Collins or any high OT makes no sense to me as Mitch cannot beat out any of our interior guys and Joe T ain't going anywhere for a while.

    I wouldn't mind a bookend RT. Joe might not be going anywhere soon, but he's also not invincible. Adding an "elite" level RT gives us the freedom and peace of mind to move him to the left in case of injury.

    Mitch is serviceable, but if Thomas goes down, we'll have nothing but a serviceable RT and backups.

    Adding a top-tier RT gives us competition on the interior, depth at T, and an insurance policy in case we lose our best player.

    I'd rather address T early than G.

  • TC, here's why I go the other way...

    I only see Mitch suited to RT. So if we draft an OT that's who Mitch backs up. Granted the drafted RT at 19 might fill in adequately at LT, but that's a "might" scenario.

    On the other hand, if we get quality depth at OG/C, then we not only can back up those positions, but can also free our best LT replacement to move to LT should Joe go down... and as I said last year, that best replacement option is Bito.

    Add that I see so much value in Rounds 2 - 3 for the interior line... Marpet (2/3), Dismukes (3), Sambraillo (3)... even Morse (4) or Glowinski (4/5)...

    Once I start down this path, it further enables trading down #19 netting additional 2nd and/or 3rd round picks.

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

  • TC, here's why I go the other way...

    I only see Mitch suited to RT. So if we draft an OT that's who Mitch backs up. Granted the drafted RT at 19 might fill in adequately at LT, but that's a "might" scenario.

    On the other hand, if we get quality depth at OG/C, then we not only can back up those positions, but can also free our best LT replacement to move to LT should Joe go down... and as I said last year, that best replacement option is Bito.

    Add that I see so much value in Rounds 2 - 3 for the interior line... Marpet (2/3), Dismukes (3), Sambraillo (3)... even Morse (4) or Glowinski (4/5)...

    Once I start down this path, it further enables trading down #19 netting additional 2nd and/or 3rd round picks.

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

    @tour2ma said:

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

    And I have a sneaky suspicion that no OT get's picked this year and Bowie is gonna be the man.....I think the Browns really like him.....and if he was good enough to start for the SB winners, then he should be able to start here too.....right?

    And, if thats the case, Schwartz could end up being the best bu in the league....

  • @tour2ma said:

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

    And I have a sneaky suspicion that no OT get's picked this year and Bowie is gonna be the man.....I think the Browns really like him.....and if he was good enough to start for the SB winners, then he should be able to start here too.....right?

    And, if thats the case, Schwartz could end up being the best bu in the league....

    @mudfly said:

    And I have a sneaky suspicion that no OT get's picked this year and Bowie is gonna be the man.....I think the Browns really like him.....and if he was good enough to start for the SB winners, then he should be able to start here too.....right?

    And, if thats the case, Schwartz could end up being the best bu in the league....

    And quality depth is one of the few things keeping the Cleveland Browns from the upper echelon.

    WSS

  • TC, here's why I go the other way...

    I only see Mitch suited to RT. So if we draft an OT that's who Mitch backs up. Granted the drafted RT at 19 might fill in adequately at LT, but that's a "might" scenario.

    On the other hand, if we get quality depth at OG/C, then we not only can back up those positions, but can also free our best LT replacement to move to LT should Joe go down... and as I said last year, that best replacement option is Bito.

    Add that I see so much value in Rounds 2 - 3 for the interior line... Marpet (2/3), Dismukes (3), Sambraillo (3)... even Morse (4) or Glowinski (4/5)...

    Once I start down this path, it further enables trading down #19 netting additional 2nd and/or 3rd round picks.

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

    @tour2ma said:

    TC, here's why I go the other way...

    I only see Mitch suited to RT. So if we draft an OT that's who Mitch backs up. Granted the drafted RT at 19 might fill in adequately at LT, but that's a "might" scenario.

    On the other hand, if we get quality depth at OG/C, then we not only can back up those positions, but can also free our best LT replacement to move to LT should Joe go down... and as I said last year, that best replacement option is Bito.

    Add that I see so much value in Rounds 2 - 3 for the interior line... Marpet (2/3), Dismukes (3), Sambraillo (3)... even Morse (4) or Glowinski (4/5)...

    Once I start down this path, it further enables trading down #19 netting additional 2nd and/or 3rd round picks.

    All the above is still ignoring Painter and Bowie (and Barton)... who can only help any scenario, if there is anything to them.

    This scenario makes sense.