Skip to content

Pet on #1 Need for 2015 Playoffs: "It starts on Defense."

The Browns Board
26 14 1.0k
  • I'm thinking OL, DL, ILB, CB/SS in that order.

    The running game went to shit after Mack went down, and had no depth.

    After Taylor went down, opposing teams had their backups look like Jim Brown.

    The WR's can wait, either later in the draft or pick up one in FA.

  • Pettines comments bring me full circle to something I was saying just last week.......and I know people will HATE this.....but....

    Dont be surprised to see them pick a couple DB's early.....a safety or 2....maybe another CB......

    I know everyone wants WR, LB and DL, but Im thinking they' still like their guys and think they'll play better when healthy....

    And Im surprised no one is concerned about our depth at Safety, when we have zero backups.....

    So, Im predicting they go DT, SS/CB, then O line..........

    Sheard/Robertson are keys to LB...if they sign, then we wont be picking one early.....

    @mudfly said:

    Pettines comments bring me full circle to something I was saying just last week.......and I know people will HATE this.....but....

    Dont be surprised to see them pick a couple DB's early.....a safety or 2....maybe another CB......

    I know everyone wants WR, LB and DL, but Im thinking they' still like their guys and think they'll play better when healthy....

    And Im surprised no one is concerned about our depth at Safety, when we have zero backups.....

    So, Im predicting they go DT, SS/CB, then O line..........

    Sheard/Robertson are keys to LB...if they sign, then we wont be picking one early.....

    One rant please, Bark Mingo, So done with this Dude. Healthy or Not, does not suck you inside on play's that if He stay's in position he's there to attempt a tackle in the hole he ran from. He cannot get off a block, He can't cover any TE or RB, I remember 1 sack maybe. We will never stop the run with him behind the D-Line. Thanks, Better Now.. We come to you for positive thoughts and Mingo is our only LOLB on the Depth Chart.. Help!!

  • when you guys say "DE" is a need...be specific, cause we run a 3-4. A DE in our scheme is a pretty much a DT moved out playing the 5 tech..think Justin Smith. I'm all on board with us going after Bosa next year. For this year, if we pick a DE type player he's got to be able to play the Jack OLB'er like Kruger. A guy who's in the 260-270 range. I don't see the 5 tech as being a necessity this year. We still have Dez and Winn who play that position perfectly fine. On the D line we need a NT to back up Taylor. We cannot let the D get goatfucked again by the NT getting hurt.

    After watching Perryman at the combine, he looked fat to me..and not particulary fast. I was high on drafting a run stopping ILB'er high but there might not be a dude in the draft to pick that high. If an OLB'er like Beasley is there at 12 we can't pass that up.

  • NT is a definite need, but it depends what player is there and where he's ranked on the browns draft board.

    i mean if the #1 ranked OL is there at 12 do you pass him up and trade down?

  • Pettines comments bring me full circle to something I was saying just last week.......and I know people will HATE this.....but....

    Dont be surprised to see them pick a couple DB's early.....a safety or 2....maybe another CB......

    I know everyone wants WR, LB and DL, but Im thinking they' still like their guys and think they'll play better when healthy....

    And Im surprised no one is concerned about our depth at Safety, when we have zero backups.....

    So, Im predicting they go DT, SS/CB, then O line..........

    Sheard/Robertson are keys to LB...if they sign, then we wont be picking one early.....

    Well... you again have to define terms since the #1 OL is supposedly Scherff (I still don't get him) and he is slated to move to OG by most accounts. Were he the only choice at 12, then I trade the pick ASAP.

    But he won't be... I think there are over 20 players in the top 12 now...

    @mudfly said:

    Pettines comments bring me full circle to something I was saying just last week.......and I know people will HATE this.....but.... Dont be surprised to see them pick a couple DB's early.....a safety or 2....maybe another CB......

    And Im surprised no one is concerned about our depth at Safety, when we have zero backups.....

    So, Im predicting they go DT, SS/CB, then O line..........

    Sheard/Robertson are keys to LB...if they sign, then we wont be picking one early.....

    I don't "hate it", but I don't see it. the caution is warranted due to Pet's inclinations, but to spend a high pick to add strength to strength at CB makes no sense. Mid-rounder? Different story...

    Assuming we sign Gip, then with Poyer backing him up at FS, I'm not too concerned there. Less comfortable with Bade behind Whit at SS, but still think Desir ultimately plays a role there.

    As for LBs...

    I still see Sheard gone. He needs to be a 4-3 DE. I think we draft his replacement in an Orchard... or Golden... or Kikaha... or Dupree... or...

    Robertson, on the other hand, I see here. He still seems to be developing and ILB is a shallow pond to be fishing in this year.

  • Well... you again have to define terms since the #1 OL is supposedly Scherff (I still don't get him) and he is slated to move to OG by most accounts. Were he the only choice at 12, then I trade the pick ASAP.

    But he won't be... I think there are over 20 players in the top 12 now...

    @mudfly said:

    Pettines comments bring me full circle to something I was saying just last week.......and I know people will HATE this.....but.... Dont be surprised to see them pick a couple DB's early.....a safety or 2....maybe another CB......

    And Im surprised no one is concerned about our depth at Safety, when we have zero backups.....

    So, Im predicting they go DT, SS/CB, then O line..........

    Sheard/Robertson are keys to LB...if they sign, then we wont be picking one early.....

    I don't "hate it", but I don't see it. the caution is warranted due to Pet's inclinations, but to spend a high pick to add strength to strength at CB makes no sense. Mid-rounder? Different story...

    Assuming we sign Gip, then with Poyer backing him up at FS, I'm not too concerned there. Less comfortable with Bade behind Whit at SS, but still think Desir ultimately plays a role there.

    As for LBs...

    I still see Sheard gone. He needs to be a 4-3 DE. I think we draft his replacement in an Orchard... or Golden... or Kikaha... or Dupree... or...

    Robertson, on the other hand, I see here. He still seems to be developing and ILB is a shallow pond to be fishing in this year.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't "hate it", but I don't see it. the caution is warranted due to Pet's inclinations, but to spend a high pick to add strength to strength at CB makes no sense. Mid-rounder? Different story...

    Assuming we sign Gip, then with Poyer backing him up at FS, I'm not too concerned there. Less comfortable with Bade behind Whit at SS, but still think Desir ultimately plays a role there.

    Pettines inclinations are mostly what drive my suspicions......but, as with the other positions, signing Skrine will be an indicator....

    I worry about Poyer, as they used Leonard(ss) to relieve Gipson(fs)....and he wasn't really a FS....and now he's gone.....If Poyer was viable, then why Leonard?

    And Bademosi is not a viable replacement. Desir did play a bit at FS(40 downs or so) and I agree may be heading toward that role....but that only means one less CB to me(and if Skrine goes...then who?)....

    So, yeah, it may sound crazy......and it's not really my preferred stance......Im just saying "dont be surprised" if DB comes into play, even though it doesn't seem to even be in the discussion right now......