All He does is catch Touchdowns
-
With me!? Haha. Ok.
I forgot about the AJ Hawk and Ted Ginn threads I started
-
The name of this topic is familiar because it was said by Buddy Ryan about Cris Carter.
But....who is really the King of catching TDs.
I could not find anywhere where the percentage of TD to receptions could be found, so I had to do my own research. So, here I took all the HOF receivers and Tight Ends (and some RBs) plus those in the top 10 in career TD and did some of my own computing. Here are those players in terms of TD as a percent of receptions. Starting from lowest pct to highest:
Marshall Faulk 4.6
Ozzie Newsome 7.09
Art Monk 7.23
Shannon Sharpe 7.6
Kellen Winslow 8.31
Jackie Smith 8.33
Tony Gonzales 8.37
Michael Irvin 8.66
Charlie Joiner 8.66
Andre Reed 9.14
Tim Brown 9.14
Tom Fears 9.5
James Lofton 9.81
Mike Ditka 10.07
Raymond Berry 10.7
John Mackey 11.48
Marvin Harrison 11.6
Frank Gifford 11.7
John Stallworth 11.73
Cris Carter 11.8
Charley Taylor 12.17
Steve Largent 12.2
Bobby Mitchell 12.5
Jerry Rice 12.7
Fred Biletnikoff 12.9
Lenny Moore 13.22
Dave Caspar 13.75
Don Maynard 13.9
Terrell Owens 14.2
Lynn Swann 15.17
Elroy Hirsch 15.5
Lance Alworth 15.68
Randy Moss 15.9
Dante Lavelli 16.06
Pete Pihos 16.35
Tommy McDonald 16.96
Bob Hayes 19.13
Paul Warfield 19.9
Don Hutson 20.28.
BUT....a guy that beats all of the above in this category is not in the HOF, and never has seemed to get a sniff for the HOF. That man:
Gary Collins 21.14% of his catches went for TDs. In 331 career catches he caught 70 TDs.
Now, I expect he get overlooked because he was on a team with the likes of Jim Brown, Paul Warfield and Leroy Kelly.
I will check to see some other players not listed above, but I suspect that I will find that it is actually Gary Collins who is the guy that "all he does is catch touchdowns".
(Note that in the top ten on this list, 4 of them played for the Browns at some point).
The name of this topic is familiar because it was said by Buddy Ryan about Cris Carter.
But....who is really the King of catching TDs.
I could not find anywhere where the percentage of TD to receptions could be found, so I had to do my own research. So, here I took all the HOF receivers and Tight Ends (and some RBs) plus those in the top 10 in career TD and did some of my own computing. Here are those players in terms of TD as a percent of receptions. Starting from lowest pct to highest:
Marshall Faulk 4.6
Ozzie Newsome 7.09
Art Monk 7.23
Shannon Sharpe 7.6
Kellen Winslow 8.31
Jackie Smith 8.33
Tony Gonzales 8.37
Michael Irvin 8.66
Charlie Joiner 8.66
Andre Reed 9.14
Tim Brown 9.14
Tom Fears 9.5
James Lofton 9.81
Mike Ditka 10.07
Raymond Berry 10.7
John Mackey 11.48
Marvin Harrison 11.6
Frank Gifford 11.7
John Stallworth 11.73
Cris Carter 11.8
Charley Taylor 12.17
Steve Largent 12.2
Bobby Mitchell 12.5
Jerry Rice 12.7
Fred Biletnikoff 12.9
Lenny Moore 13.22
Dave Caspar 13.75
Don Maynard 13.9
Terrell Owens 14.2
Lynn Swann 15.17
Elroy Hirsch 15.5
Lance Alworth 15.68
Randy Moss 15.9
Dante Lavelli 16.06
Pete Pihos 16.35
Tommy McDonald 16.96
Bob Hayes 19.13
Paul Warfield 19.9
Don Hutson 20.28.
BUT....a guy that beats all of the above in this category is not in the HOF, and never has seemed to get a sniff for the HOF. That man:
Gary Collins 21.14% of his catches went for TDs. In 331 career catches he caught 70 TDs.
Now, I expect he get overlooked because he was on a team with the likes of Jim Brown, Paul Warfield and Leroy Kelly.
I will check to see some other players not listed above, but I suspect that I will find that it is actually Gary Collins who is the guy that "all he does is catch touchdowns".
(Note that in the top ten on this list, 4 of them played for the Browns at some point).
I liked Gary Collins in that tv show he was in about vampires.
-
The name of this topic is familiar because it was said by Buddy Ryan about Cris Carter.
But....who is really the King of catching TDs.
I could not find anywhere where the percentage of TD to receptions could be found, so I had to do my own research. So, here I took all the HOF receivers and Tight Ends (and some RBs) plus those in the top 10 in career TD and did some of my own computing. Here are those players in terms of TD as a percent of receptions. Starting from lowest pct to highest:
Marshall Faulk 4.6
Ozzie Newsome 7.09
Art Monk 7.23
Shannon Sharpe 7.6
Kellen Winslow 8.31
Jackie Smith 8.33
Tony Gonzales 8.37
Michael Irvin 8.66
Charlie Joiner 8.66
Andre Reed 9.14
Tim Brown 9.14
Tom Fears 9.5
James Lofton 9.81
Mike Ditka 10.07
Raymond Berry 10.7
John Mackey 11.48
Marvin Harrison 11.6
Frank Gifford 11.7
John Stallworth 11.73
Cris Carter 11.8
Charley Taylor 12.17
Steve Largent 12.2
Bobby Mitchell 12.5
Jerry Rice 12.7
Fred Biletnikoff 12.9
Lenny Moore 13.22
Dave Caspar 13.75
Don Maynard 13.9
Terrell Owens 14.2
Lynn Swann 15.17
Elroy Hirsch 15.5
Lance Alworth 15.68
Randy Moss 15.9
Dante Lavelli 16.06
Pete Pihos 16.35
Tommy McDonald 16.96
Bob Hayes 19.13
Paul Warfield 19.9
Don Hutson 20.28.
BUT....a guy that beats all of the above in this category is not in the HOF, and never has seemed to get a sniff for the HOF. That man:
Gary Collins 21.14% of his catches went for TDs. In 331 career catches he caught 70 TDs.
Now, I expect he get overlooked because he was on a team with the likes of Jim Brown, Paul Warfield and Leroy Kelly.
I will check to see some other players not listed above, but I suspect that I will find that it is actually Gary Collins who is the guy that "all he does is catch touchdowns".
(Note that in the top ten on this list, 4 of them played for the Browns at some point).
I liked Gary Collins in that tv show he was in about vampires.
I liked Gary Collins in that tv show he was in about vampires.
You mean Barnabas Collins.
But there was an actor name Gary Collins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Collins_(actor)
-
I liked Gary Collins in that tv show he was in about vampires.
You mean Barnabas Collins.
But there was an actor name Gary Collins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Collins_(actor)
You mean Barnabas Collins.
But there was an actor name Gary Collins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Collins_(actor)
I think he's talking about The 6th Sense, which was a horror series in the 70's....I used to love that stuff....
And I remember Barnabus too.....Dark Shadows.....I was young and Mom didn't like me to watch that one....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login