Jaws: Sources saying Mariota will go #1 to Tampa
-
There's rumors out here that Tennessee wants to trade with the Chargers. The Titans would get Rivers and the 17 pick and the Chargers get the #2 this year and probably next years #1. The Chargers then take Mariotta and he's the face of the franchise when they move to LA. Rivers isn't signing an extension because of the potential move to LA.
Chargers aren't going to LA.
Chargers aren't going to LA.
We are they going to go then because they ain't getting a new stadium in San Diego and Qualcomm is a dump on the level of the old Muni stadium without the charm that Muni had.
-
-
Hopefully too desperate. I kinda hope we don't move any first or second rounders
-
Well Winston scored 27 on the Wonderlic. And people were firm in their belief that he was Vince Young-level dumb.
-
Jaws is a fucking Retard with no contacts or sources.
I hear the Browns may be interested in your boy Mannion....in late rounds...or as UDFA if he isn't taken.
Give us your scouting report.
Edit: Here is NFL.com's: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sean-mannion?id=2552576
Someone said today that he is a Tom Brady wannabe. (Isn't every tall QB slated to go in Rd. 6?)
I hear the Browns may be interested in your boy Mannion....in late rounds...or as UDFA if he isn't taken.
Give us your scouting report.
Edit: Here is NFL.com's: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sean-mannion?id=2552576
Someone said today that he is a Tom Brady wannabe. (Isn't every tall QB slated to go in Rd. 6?)
I think he's a career backup. He can throw well, but he is slow and he has an elongated throwing motion.
-
I hear the Browns may be interested in your boy Mannion....in late rounds...or as UDFA if he isn't taken.
Give us your scouting report.
Edit: Here is NFL.com's: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sean-mannion?id=2552576
Someone said today that he is a Tom Brady wannabe. (Isn't every tall QB slated to go in Rd. 6?)
I think he's a career backup. He can throw well, but he is slow and he has an elongated throwing motion.
-
Well Winston scored 27 on the Wonderlic. And people were firm in their belief that he was Vince Young-level dumb.
Well Winston scored 27 on the Wonderlic. And people were firm in their belief that he was Vince Young-level dumb.
He also had a 4.0 GPA in high school. That said, he makes a ton of piss poor decisions on and off the field. He threw 18 INTs last season on one of the best teams in the country.
Speaking of QB and the Wonderlic - here's a look back at 2014 :
Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported the Wonderlic scores of three of the top quarterback prospects and Manziel, at 32, was the leader, with Central Florida’s Blake Bortles at 28 and Teddy Twatwater at 20. (Cornell’s Jeff Mathews scored highest of any QB in the draft, with a 40.)
-
Well Winston scored 27 on the Wonderlic. And people were firm in their belief that he was Vince Young-level dumb.
He also had a 4.0 GPA in high school. That said, he makes a ton of piss poor decisions on and off the field. He threw 18 INTs last season on one of the best teams in the country.
Speaking of QB and the Wonderlic - here's a look back at 2014 :
Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported the Wonderlic scores of three of the top quarterback prospects and Manziel, at 32, was the leader, with Central Florida’s Blake Bortles at 28 and Teddy Twatwater at 20. (Cornell’s Jeff Mathews scored highest of any QB in the draft, with a 40.)
-
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
-
that's hilarious! who was his football coach, bill belicheat?
what was his major in college? minority studies?
habadeebadabba
LOL! God only knows man. The use of Bill Cosby's creation in this discussion is genius on your part considering the irony.
As I said, the GPA doesn't carry over to the decision making on and off the field. Here's a little Wikipedia about the knucklehead:
Sexual assault allegation
In November 2013, State Attorney Willie Meggs of the Second Judicial Circuit opened an investigation into an allegation that Winston had sexually assaulted a classmate the previous year. The initial complaint had been filed with the Tallahassee Police Department (TPD) on December 7, 2012.;[31] the TPD had classified the case as open/inactive in February 2013.[32][33][34] On December 5, 2013, Meggs announced the completion of the investigation, filing no charges. He stated: "As prosecutors, we only bring charges for cases where the evidence will result in a likely conviction at trial. In this case, the evidence does not show that."[35]
The New York Times published the conclusions of its own investigation in April 2014, asserting that neither the TPD nor FSU had genuinely investigated the initial report. Though a medical examination of the victim revealed bruised knees and semen on the woman's body – and the victim would identify Winston by name as her attacker a month later, Tallahassee police reportedly never obtained a DNA sample from Winston, never interviewed him, nor attempted to obtain video of the encounter taken by Seminoles teammate Chris Casher. The investigation was conducted by Officer Scott Angulo, who, the Times ' article notes, did private security work for the Seminole Boosters, the primary financier of Florida State athletics.[36]
The official FSU hearing, presided over by retired Florida Supreme Court Justice Major B. Harding, on December 21, 2014, cleared Winston of violating the student conduct code in the sexual assault allegation.[37][38] An extract from the Harding's Decision[39] is below.
I do not find the credibility of one story substantially stronger than that of the other. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I cannot find with any confidence that the events as set forth by you, (accuser), or a particular combination thereof is more probable than not as required to find you responsible for a violation of the Code. Therein lies the determinative factor of my decision.
Gun Complaint
In 2012, Winston and another FSU player were held by campus police for allegedly bringing a BB gun on campus and firing at squirrels. Officers handcuffed Winston but he was later released when it was noticed he was not on campus and the gun was just a BB gun. No charges were filed against Winston in this incident.[40]
Shoplifting incidents
In July 2013, a Burger King employee called police in July to complain that Winston was stealing soda. According to the police report, Winston came in to the restaurant with three men, but did not order any food. An employee, who recognized him, first saw him using ketchup cups to take some soda. He asked for a water cup after she told him to stop, but he said he would use it for soda and filled it repeatedly with soda over her objections, the report said.[41] On April 29, 2014, Winston was issued an adult civil citation for shoplifting crab legs from a Tallahassee Publix store.[42] Winston was ordered to undergo 20 hours of community service and was suspended from any college baseball activity until he completed his community service.
Vulgar comments
On September 17, 2014, Winston was suspended for the first half of Florida State's upcoming game against Clemson. The Guardian reported that "several students tweeted" that Winston shouted, "Fuck her right in the pussy!" an Internet meme,[43] while standing atop a table in Florida State University's Student Union.[44] Two days later, university president Garnett S. Stokes and athletic director Stan Wilcox, citing results of an "ongoing investigation", announced that Winston would be suspended for the whole game.[45]
-
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
-
i wouldn't call mariota a dud. i saw the gruden camp thing and all i'd say is people are wired different. i just saw a humble, gracious and well mannered kid.
did fine on the field and on the chalk board. gruden can't expect every QB he does this on to be jumping out of his coffee cup like he is.
-
You just set yourself up for Burfict again. It's just too easy.
And for every Burfict- well, I can give your maybe 5 Lawrence Phillips.
-
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
If we go QB he is my favorite choice.. Bills are high on this Kid also. 2nd round sounds right now, after pick 12 its going to get wild on the board.
-
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
Yes....and Im completely 100% on board with picking Petty......Id say, right now, he is my favorite for the Brownies...........
i wouldn't call mariota a dud. i saw the gruden camp thing and all i'd say is people are wired different. i just saw a humble, gracious and well mannered kid.
did fine on the field and on the chalk board. gruden can't expect every QB he does this on to be jumping out of his coffee cup like he is.
He seemed humble, gracious, intelligent, etc.....looks like a great guy....probably would let him date my daughter
but, yes, he's wired differently........just not wired the way I'd expect a strong leader of men to be wired...thats all.....
seems like a "good soldier".....just not a general.........
-
If the Browns trade up for either of these two clowns rather than build the team inside out, then GM needs a new home and a Wonderlic retest.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/erica-kinsman-sues-nfl-prospect-jameis-winston/2225851
-
I watched the Gruden QB camp with Mariota and Winston last night and gotta say that Mariota was a total dud....he seemed so low key he was almost asleep.....
not sure how that translates to the NFL, but for me, it seemed like he had zero fire in his belly....not a drop....ho hum....
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
I haven't watched the "Big 2" w/ Chuckie yet...
Did you catch Petty's? Showed some rough edges, but also a ton of personality wrapped around confidence and love of the game. I really like him in the 3rd, but have a feeling he goes in the second. If we trade down a first, I'd spend a 2nd on him.
Didn't see that one, but did catch Petty's interview on ESPN radio with Freddie Coleman. He sure sounds impressive enough- has the desire, and said all the right things.
-
If the Browns trade up for either of these two clowns rather than build the team inside out, then GM needs a new home and a Wonderlic retest.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/erica-kinsman-sues-nfl-prospect-jameis-winston/2225851
If the Browns trade up for either of these two clowns rather than build the team inside out, then GM needs a new home and a Wonderlic retest.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/erica-kinsman-sues-nfl-prospect-jameis-winston/2225851
I agree Ag- to move up high enough to get either one, it will cost both of this year's firsts, plus next years. Not worth it. I'd rather stick with Johnny Rehab this year to see if he's turned a new leaf- and if he flops, go qb shopping next year. Hmmm the Steelers followed that exact scenario when they took Rothlisberger last- when everything else was in place.
"Crabby" Jameis is smiling away- like nothing ever happened in college. I've said all along Mariota is just a bigger version of Johnny Football with the same question marks- minus the off-field issues.
-
If the Browns trade up for either of these two clowns rather than build the team inside out, then GM needs a new home and a Wonderlic retest.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/erica-kinsman-sues-nfl-prospect-jameis-winston/2225851
I agree Ag- to move up high enough to get either one, it will cost both of this year's firsts, plus next years. Not worth it. I'd rather stick with Johnny Rehab this year to see if he's turned a new leaf- and if he flops, go qb shopping next year. Hmmm the Steelers followed that exact scenario when they took Rothlisberger last- when everything else was in place.
"Crabby" Jameis is smiling away- like nothing ever happened in college. I've said all along Mariota is just a bigger version of Johnny Football with the same question marks- minus the off-field issues.
I agree Ag- to move up high enough to get either one, it will cost both of this year's firsts, plus next years. Not worth it. I'd rather stick with Johnny Rehab this year to see if he's turned a new leaf- and if he flops, go qb shopping next year. Hmmm the Steelers followed that exact scenario when they took Rothlisberger last- when everything else was in place.
"Crabby" Jameis is smiling away- like nothing ever happened in college. I've said all along Mariota is just a bigger version of Johnny Football with the same question marks- minus the off-field issues.
Or go with Hundley in round 3.
-
While I'm not as impressed on tape as Tour is with Petty (is footwork does sharpen up quite a bit in some instances, but its his eyes and head that worry me) the gleam he gets when talking about the QB position. That's a natural leader I'd be willing to follow. You might be surprised how much that means in a huddle.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

