Skip to content

Free Agent Signing Thread

The Browns Board
144 37 8.2k
  • I read in one of Kok's interviews that they aren't planning on signing anyone 'fast'....but that they will see how the market goes early and go from there. It may not give us a BIG signing...but we should get our money's worth.

    It also lends me to believe we will be trading for some draft picks...as later FA signings are not usually impact guys...so we will need draft picks to make that impact.

    Plus...I think ManKok are trying to BUILD something....and NOT go for the 1yr turnaround...so we may see a lot less action than we are used to.

  • Housh is in Seattle. That might drop Crabtree in the draft.

    Scott to NYJ might mean we'll be seeing a Jet LB come to play under Mangini again.

  • Housh is in Seattle. That might drop Crabtree in the draft.

    Scott to NYJ might mean we'll be seeing a Jet LB come to play under Mangini again.

    @we-need-tom-tupa said:

    Housh is in Seattle. That might drop Crabtree in the draft.

    Scott to NYJ might mean we'll be seeing a Jet LB come to play under Mangini again.

    Like Eric Barton.

    Not sure if Crabtree dropping to us is a good thing anymore...

  • Houz is in seattle?!!!!

    where'd you hear that?

  • fred taylor to the pats is official

  • i don't see why Houz would want Seattle. (other than $$$)

    how would that be any better than Cincy (assuming palmer's healthy?)

  • Besides Cinci's usual ineptitude, they just lost Andrews to the Eagles.

  • Chris Baker jets TE went to Patriots.
  • Texans trade Rosenfels to

    By John Clayton

    ESPN.com

    The Minnesota Vikings officially completed a trade with the Houston Texans to acquire Sage Rosenfels by reaching a two-year contract extension with the quarterback on Friday.

    According to a source, Rosenfels agreed to a two-year, $9 million extension with the Vikings, who gave up a fourth-round draft choice to acquire him. Rosenfels had one year remaining on his deal with the Texans that would have paid him $1.35 million.

    He flew to Minnesota on Thursday and was scheduled to undergo a physical Friday morning.

    Rosenfels is expected to compete with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting role in Minnesota. The Vikings have been trying to acquire Rosenfels for more than a year.

    Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

  • i don't see why Houz would want Seattle. (other than $$$)

    how would that be any better than Cincy (assuming palmer's healthy?)

    @dj_illness said:

    i don't see why Houz would want Seattle. (other than $$$)

    how would that be any better than Cincy (assuming palmer's healthy?)

    He's from California and played college football at Oregon state. He's moving close to home.

  • Any news on Micheal Boley? I wish the Brownies would take a look at him..

  • I miss phil...at least today!! Dude could pull the tr 😉 igger atleast!

  • true.

  • Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

  • Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

    @solon16 said:

    Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

    i don't see this happening at all. he will want too much money and the browns are looking to build the team for the long run, not a quick fix

  • @solon16 said:

    Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

    i don't see this happening at all. he will want too much money and the browns are looking to build the team for the long run, not a quick fix

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    i don't see this happening at all. he will want too much money and the browns are looking to build the team for the long run, not a quick fix

    Worth an interview atleast

  • The Ravens released Marques Douglas. He'd be a solid addition as a depth/rotational 3-4 DE.

  • the ravens signed domonique foxworth to a four-year deal $27 mil deal with $16.5 mil of that guaranteed.

  • Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

    @solon16 said:

    Ray Lewis....says he will NOT be a Raven anymore....we need A MLB...he'll be motivated against the ravens twice a year....Kokinis knows him well, he knows the AFC north, can he reign in guys like rogers? I say he's worth a interview at the very least. ( even tho I dispise him)

    Isn't it a kick in the head that ....the Browns move to Baltimore in a shady ass deal and they draft Ogden and lewis with 1st and 2nd picks??? tweo hall of famers? I think the last guy that was ever drafted with the old Browns was Craig Powell?? Ray should've been a CB.

    I could see him going home to Miami...Another 3-4 team that could use a MLB... Ayaodele is a average journeyman at best.