Drafting for need... based on the stats
-
I agree with Gipper's addition of "bulldozer for OL"... And have to disagree with the idea that the Browns should be able to find a QB that will solve their issues at that position in the draft this year.
The rest of it though? Good post.
With the right picks, the Browns could get themselves within a good QB away from being a serious threat. I really don't think the team is too far off.
Is the relative consensus here that we should sort of forget about trading up for Mariota? Or is it the opposite?
I see a real opportunity to all-but finish laying the team's groundwork in this draft. I see mortgaging serious assets to grab a questionable QB prospect as having the potential to set the team back another year or two if Mariota doesn't pan out quickly.
Agree with this take entirely. Especially with the two Ohio State QBs looming, Connor Cook, Cody Kessler, Christian Hackenburg, the new Auburn quarterback who I think is a stud, Jacob Coker (if he even starts), Dak Prescott, Kevin Hogan, Gunner Kiel, Patrick Towles, John Goff.
You want to sacrifice your chance at all that AND your opportunity to continue stacking the non-QB team so you can take a guy from a spread offense who had plenty of question marks? Not worth it.
a guy from a spread offense who had plenty of question marks? Not worth it.
What question marks, other than he's a "system QB"? If I remember correctly, Aaron Rodgers dropped because he was a "system QB"... How'd that work out?
-
Long, long list of them on the NFL's draft profile. Although I could argue the system is enough to justify it.
-
a guy from a spread offense who had plenty of question marks? Not worth it.
What question marks, other than he's a "system QB"? If I remember correctly, Aaron Rodgers dropped because he was a "system QB"... How'd that work out?
What question marks, other than he's a "system QB"? If I remember correctly, Aaron Rodgers dropped because he was a "system QB"... How'd that work out?
From what I remember of Rodgers, it had little to do with the offense he was in. Cal was a heavy pro-style team. His measurables just weren't "elite" for many scouts.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login