Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Epic Chokes

Epic Chokes

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
33 Posts 16 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Browns149B Browns149

    Dave Chappelle quits TV show and goes to Africa

    sisky fringo sisky fringoS
    • 2k Posts
    • 96 Reputation
    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @browns149 said:

    Dave Chappelle quits TV show and goes to Africa

    was not a choke either. according to Chappelle it was prompted by execs demanding he dress in drag and do gay skits as well as pressure from oprah and a call from Barack just before his first election...black elitists felt he was bad negro roll model at the time--my words, not verbatim but same meaning.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
      • 13k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
      #22

      The 2007 ALCS hurt my soul. Johnathon Papalbon was the reason we lost that series.

      I'd also think our falling to Cincy last game of the regular season 2007 when all Crennel had to do was NOT let Anderson toss the ball 35+ times a game would also

      rank up there for me.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tony_Shalub T
        • 15 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        T Tony_Shalub wrote on last edited by
        #23

        Remember the time in 1998 when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?

        They were down 27-0 at the half to the Cougars and won 30-27

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
          #24

          The biggest choke I've ever seen in the playoffs live was Tony Romo botching the snap in the '06 wild card game. The Cowboys had a 19 yard FG to win the game and Romo just straight up mishandled a perfect snap.

          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • jrb12711J jrb12711

            The biggest choke I've ever seen in the playoffs live was Tony Romo botching the snap in the '06 wild card game. The Cowboys had a 19 yard FG to win the game and Romo just straight up mishandled a perfect snap.

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @jrb12711 said:

            The biggest choke I've ever seen in the playoffs live was Tony Romo botching the snap in the '06 wild card game. The Cowboys had a 19 yard FG to win the game and Romo just straight up mishandled a perfect snap.

            Yea, that is a big choke,....almost as big as this:

            deepthroats_lovelace+%252820%2529.gif

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 4k Posts
              • 918 Reputation
              L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
              #26

              Scott Hoch's missed putt for victory in the Masters came to mind instantly...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                August 5, 2001

                Seattle vs Cleveland

                The Mariners choke on a 12 run lead. . .

                The Cleveland Indians tied a major league record and became the first team in 76 years to overcome a 12-run deficit to win, defeating the Seattle Mariners 15-14 in 11 innings.

                LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 4k Posts
                • 918 Reputation
                L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                #27

                @canton-dawg said:

                August 5, 2001

                Seattle vs Cleveland

                The Mariners choke on a 12 run lead. . .

                The Cleveland Indians tied a major league record and became the first team in 76 years to overcome a 12-run deficit to win, defeating the Seattle Mariners 15-14 in 11 innings.

                Just watched the last hour of this game on YouTube awesome!

                Canton DawgC 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • L LondonBrown

                  @canton-dawg said:

                  August 5, 2001

                  Seattle vs Cleveland

                  The Mariners choke on a 12 run lead. . .

                  The Cleveland Indians tied a major league record and became the first team in 76 years to overcome a 12-run deficit to win, defeating the Seattle Mariners 15-14 in 11 innings.

                  Just watched the last hour of this game on YouTube awesome!

                  Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                  • 12k Posts
                  • 7k Reputation
                  Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  @londonbrown said:

                  Just watched the last hour of this game on YouTube awesome!

                  I was at the game, and wanted to leave.

                  My brother in law just ordered us another round, and convinced me to stay.

                  Glad I listened to him!

                  Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                  L 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                    @londonbrown said:

                    Just watched the last hour of this game on YouTube awesome!

                    I was at the game, and wanted to leave.

                    My brother in law just ordered us another round, and convinced me to stay.

                    Glad I listened to him!

                    LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 918 Reputation
                    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    @canton-dawg said:

                    I was at the game, and wanted to leave.

                    My brother in law just ordered us another round, and convinced me to stay.

                    Glad I listened to him!

                    Oh man I know how that feels I've left soccer matches and missed lots of excitement in the past as well.

                    I bet the Jake was rocking!

                    tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • L LondonBrown

                      @canton-dawg said:

                      I was at the game, and wanted to leave.

                      My brother in law just ordered us another round, and convinced me to stay.

                      Glad I listened to him!

                      Oh man I know how that feels I've left soccer matches and missed lots of excitement in the past as well.

                      I bet the Jake was rocking!

                      tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 5k Reputation
                      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      @londonbrown said:

                      Oh man I know how that feels I've left soccer matches and missed lots of excitement in the past as well.

                      I bet the Jake was rocking!

                      I was going to call you a soccer watching sissy, then you said 'The Jake' instead of the abomination 'Progressive Field'. Now? You're alright by me.

                      L 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • sisky fringoS sisky fringo

                        @gumby73 said:

                        I Guarantee You Ernest Byner still see's nothing but Hole and Endzone in Denver.. Sorry Boys That One STILL Hurts 😠😡

                        he didn't choke

                        Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
                        #31

                        @sisky-fringo said:

                        he didn't choke

                        You are correct...............he fumbled

                        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • tiamat63T tiamat63

                          @londonbrown said:

                          Oh man I know how that feels I've left soccer matches and missed lots of excitement in the past as well.

                          I bet the Jake was rocking!

                          I was going to call you a soccer watching sissy, then you said 'The Jake' instead of the abomination 'Progressive Field'. Now? You're alright by me.

                          LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 918 Reputation
                          L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
                          #32

                          @tiamat63 said:

                          I was going to call you a soccer watching sissy, then you said 'The Jake' instead of the abomination 'Progressive Field'. Now? You're alright by me.

                          I'm slowly learning all the time...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 183 Reputation
                            WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
                            #33

                            Phil Mickelson losing the 2006 US Open at Winged Foot.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate