Skip to content

The Unofficial... Off-Season... O-line Thread

The Browns Board
65 12 3.1k
  • My injury crystal ball is in the shop... What I think I know though is that the ZBS is less line health friendly than other O's. Whole lotta beef on the move behind you as it slides in your direction.

    I honestly think Erving got tired in the 2nd half. His technique, such as it is, all but disappeared in the 4th. Both his conditioning and technique will improve, but I am not sure the latter will ever rise to LT worthiness.

    Joe's greatness makes him indispensable, but I still maintain that our best back up LT is our starting LG. It's equally possible that our best back up RT is our starting RG.

    At any rate... we are one player deeper this year than we were last... and that's called improvement.

  • My injury crystal ball is in the shop... What I think I know though is that the ZBS is less line health friendly than other O's. Whole lotta beef on the move behind you as it slides in your direction.

    I honestly think Erving got tired in the 2nd half. His technique, such as it is, all but disappeared in the 4th. Both his conditioning and technique will improve, but I am not sure the latter will ever rise to LT worthiness.

    Joe's greatness makes him indispensable, but I still maintain that our best back up LT is our starting LG. It's equally possible that our best back up RT is our starting RG.

    At any rate... we are one player deeper this year than we were last... and that's called improvement.

    @tour2ma said:

    My crystal ball is in the shop... At any rate... we are one player deeper this year than we were last... and that's called improvement.

    when you get to doing some grades, one guy who is flying under the radar is Eric Olsen.....he's gettin a lot of reps and plays both guards and center....and(according to pff at least) is our best rated reserve OL so far...which isnt saying much because they all have low scores....blech...

    anyhow....curious if he's a candidate to stay.....

  • PFF has all 4 AFCN teams OL's ranked in the top 10. . .

    @PFF: Top 10 Offensive Lines:

    1. Cowboys

    2. Ravens

    3. Browns

    4. Packers

    5. Bengals

    6. Eagles

    7. Texans

    8. Steelers

    9. Lions

    10. Saints

    PFF@PFF
    Top 10 Offensive Lines:
    1. Cowboys
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Packers
    5. Bengals
    6. Eagles
    7. Texans
    8. Steelers
    9. Lions
    10. Saints
  • PFF has all 4 AFCN teams OL's ranked in the top 10. . .

    @PFF: Top 10 Offensive Lines:

    1. Cowboys

    2. Ravens

    3. Browns

    4. Packers

    5. Bengals

    6. Eagles

    7. Texans

    8. Steelers

    9. Lions

    10. Saints

    PFF@PFF
    Top 10 Offensive Lines:
    1. Cowboys
    2. Ravens
    3. Browns
    4. Packers
    5. Bengals
    6. Eagles
    7. Texans
    8. Steelers
    9. Lions
    10. Saints

    @canton-dawg said:

    PFF has all 4 AFCN teams OL's ranked in the top 10. . .

    @PFF: Top 10 Offensive Lines:

    1. Cowboys

    2. Ravens

    3. Browns

    4. Packers

    5. Bengals

    6. Eagles

    7. Texans

    8. Steelers

    9. Lions

    10. Saints

    https://twitter.com/pff/status/638064016439517184

    Yep. That's only one writer though. The site's opinion as a whole has us #1.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    PFF has all 4 AFCN teams OL's ranked in the top 10. . .

    @PFF: Top 10 Offensive Lines:

    1. Cowboys

    2. Ravens

    3. Browns

    4. Packers

    5. Bengals

    6. Eagles

    7. Texans

    8. Steelers

    9. Lions

    10. Saints

    https://twitter.com/pff/status/638064016439517184

    Yep. That's only one writer though. The site's opinion as a whole has us #1.

    @wargograw said:

    Yep. That's only one writer though. The site's opinion as a whole has us #1.

    I think its an indictment of just how good the AFCN really is.