Skip to content

Aggregate Ranking of all 43

Barber Shop Talk
28 8 1.1k
  • As noted, the historians job is to try to make objective evaluations.

    Ann Coulter's job is to advocate for her personal prejudices...and as such she is naturally going to be critical of anyone that doesn't agree with her prejudices. To her every Democratic President would be bad and every Republican President would be good.

    That is why it is better to listen to the historians in my view than the likes of her....or her liberal counterparts who might argue that every Democratic President is good and every Republican President has been bad.

  • This is the ruse of the left. Take over the education system so that they can create a façade of credibility. As Miss Ann notes, these are the same kind of people that joined the Weather Underground as kids. If you think historians have no prejudices (or even just less than everyone else) then I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

  • This is the ruse of the left. Take over the education system so that they can create a façade of credibility. As Miss Ann notes, these are the same kind of people that joined the Weather Underground as kids. If you think historians have no prejudices (or even just less than everyone else) then I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

    @wargograw said:

    This is the ruse of the left. Take over the education system so that they can create a façade of credibility. As Miss Ann notes, these are the same kind of people that joined the Weather Underground as kids. If you think historians have no prejudices (or even just less than everyone else) then I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

    And it is the ruse of the right to claim that anything that they don't agree with is a ruse of the left. Again, she has her point of view and anything else is invalid in her mind.

    Historians come in all sizes/shapes/persuasions. I suspect there are as many right thinking historians as there are left thinking historians. Do you think only liberals went to college? Only liberals studied history? No. When I was in college....and admittedly that was a long time ago, the couple of history teachers I had were WWII veterans. I expect there are a share of Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan vets out there teaching history now.

    Maybe you are too young to know....but the fact is out of millions and millions and millions of baby boomers.....very, very, very few were ever members of the Weather Underground. In fact, they can be easily listed...and here they are:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Weatherman_members

    Ann Coulter is just so paranoid about anything liberal that she sees leftists under every rock and cranny.

    Again....bottom line......the historians....from all points of view....who put all this together are far far more credible than one silly blonde woman.

    I come from a centrist point of view. I prefer rational objectivity.

    I suspect if there were a right wing version of the Weather Underground....Ann Coulter would likely be on that list. Put her in a room with the ghost of Jerry Rubin and let them have at each other about who/what is bad for this country.

    I will try to listen to the more reasonable people...not the irrational ones like those.

  • You just compared Ann Coulter to people who bomb buildings, but you prefer "rational objectivity." Can't make this stuff up.

    I also said these are the "kinds" of people who joined the Weather Underground. I didn't say they were all in the Weather Underground. Come on man.

    What your professors were like in the prehistoric era is of no relevance to what professors are like post-60s. No comparison whatsoever. Do I really need to post links for the percentage of college professors that are liberals/vote Democrat? It's absurd.

  • Was Howard Zinn part of this panel?

  • You just compared Ann Coulter to people who bomb buildings, but you prefer "rational objectivity." Can't make this stuff up.

    I also said these are the "kinds" of people who joined the Weather Underground. I didn't say they were all in the Weather Underground. Come on man.

    What your professors were like in the prehistoric era is of no relevance to what professors are like post-60s. No comparison whatsoever. Do I really need to post links for the percentage of college professors that are liberals/vote Democrat? It's absurd.

    @wargograw said:

    You just compared Ann Coulter to people who bomb buildings, but you prefer "rational objectivity." Can't make this stuff up.

    I also said these are the "kinds" of people who joined the Weather Underground. I didn't say they were all in the Weather Underground. Come on man.

    What your professors were like in the prehistoric era is of no relevance to what professors are like post-60s. No comparison whatsoever. Do I really need to post links for the percentage of college professors that are liberals/vote Democrat? It's absurd.

    Look, I get it. You don't want any objective criteria to be established to this sort of thing. You want your own personal prejudices to hold sway. You want who many think are mediocre Republicans glorified and who many think are outstanding Democrats vilified. At least that is where it sounds like where you are coming from. You want only those who have done something that fits your point of view to be considered at the top.

    Sorry. But I think they got things just fine. 6 of the Top Ten were Dems...but note, the Dems have been around 60-70 years longer than the Reps, and are you going to compare the ideas/policies of Dem Andrew Jackson to Dem JFK. Three of the bottom 4 were also Dems...should the Dems complain about that? 4 of the bottom 10 were Whigs. Three were Republican. They came from various eras.

    Does Ann Coulter think that we should tear down Mt. Rushmore and put Bush, Ford, Reagan and Nixon up there instead? (She probably does).

    Lets not be that stupid. (There are 2 Reps, 1 Dem and 1 no party up on that mountain, so again, shut it.)

  • Was Howard Zinn part of this panel?

    I'm still struggling to know what the "objective criteria" was, other than "we're a bunch of blowhard liberal professors and this is what we think. Also, given the fact that we are professors, this list has full credibility." Well by that standard....

  • Was Howard Zinn part of this panel?

    I'm still struggling to know what the "objective criteria" was, other than "we're a bunch of blowhard liberal professors and this is what we think. Also, given the fact that we are professors, this list has full credibility." Well by that standard....

    @wargograw said:

    Was Howard Zinn part of this panel?

    I'm still struggling to know what the "objective criteria" was, other than "we're a bunch of blowhard liberal professors and this is what we think. Also, given the fact that we are professors, this list has full credibility." Well by that standard....

    I don't know.....this ranking was an aggregate of many individual rankings. There may have been thousands of people involved. That is my point, this was done by a wide section of the nation....not by one or two or 10 yabos of any ilk with their own points of view prevailing. If you looked at the link you could see where all the contributions to the aggregate ranking came from.