Skip to content

Hot Fun in the Summertime Survey

The Browns Board
27 12 1.2k
  • 1. Besides waiting for training camp.....what are your favorite summertime sports to watch or play or take part in?
    Play: Golf...
    Watch: The golf majors


    2. What is your favorite beach(es) (whether you go there in summer or not)?
    Grew up going to Rehoboth Beach Delaware for summer vaca's... so sentimental #1 there.

    3. What is your favorite Amusement Park.....past or present?
    Past: Euclid Beach Park. Why? The Flying Turns
    Present: Holiday World, Santa Claus, IN. Three world class woodies lead by my #1, The Voyage, in a family owned, family friendly park.


    4. Aside from the above, what is your favorite summertime destination for a vacation or Getaway?
    Wherever my grandkids are... which at present is just down the hall a tad...

    5. What is your favorite "Cool Down" Summertime drink?
    Lager Shandy... half light lager (Miller Lite does just fine) and half "Simply Lemonade". Finding the right lemonade is the key and "Simply" is the best I have found.

  • Rehoboth? Maybe I ran into you there. Wife's family lived a time in Va. and we went to Rehoboth a couple of times in the late 70's early 80's for a week or so each summer. I'm too much of a gulf / caribbean warm waters person though.

    1. Besides waiting for training camp.....what are your favorite summertime sports to watch or play or take part in?

    Yard mowing. Chase out baby deer and rabbits in the "outback" when the wild grass gets too high.

    2. What is your favorite beach(es) (whether you go there in summer or not)?

    There are several isolated beaches on the small islands in Morrocoy National park on the coast of Venezuela.https://www.google.com/search?q=morrocoy+national+park+beach&biw=1600&bih=763&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uTuRVZvUFcvOsAX4n4L4DQ&ved=0CCgQ7Ak&dpr=1#imgrc=oMnxZT9AgGLvjM%3A

    3. What is your favorite Amusement Park.....past or present?

    Kids/grandkids loved the Disney Cruise to the Caribbean and Bahamas

    4. Aside from the above, what is your favorite summertime destination for a vacation or Getaway? Any decent coral beach with good snorkeling.

    5. What is your favorite "Cool Down" Summertime drink? Grape G2 Gatorade

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, to appease Z, here are some "positive" survey questions about summertime activities:

    1. Besides waiting for training camp.....what are your favorite summertime sports to watch or play or take part in?

    Since mowing grass is not a sport...would taking a nice hike count? My wife and I like to watch the major golf tournaments on TV....we spent hours last week watching the US Open. But I have not played golf in a decade. I really should start up again.

    2. What is your favorite beach(es) (whether you go there in summer or not)?

    I/we do not have any particular local beach that we like to go to. I choose various vacation destinations and some have beaches. Favorites I have gone to in the past: Kapalua Beach, Maui. Doheney Beach, Orange Co. Crystal Coast NC.

    But the best beaches are on St. John's USVI

    http://www.vinow.com/stjohn/beaches_stj/

    3. What is your favorite Amusement Park.....past or present?

    Grew up going to Chippewa Lake Park in Medina County. My Dad's company always had summer outings there. For a while it was also a very hot spot for music. Easy Street/The Rats even played some in their ballroom.

    Of course Cedar Point is an awesome roller coaster park. But I go for the nostalgia.

    Only remnants remain of Chippewa Lake park.

    4. Aside from the above, what is your favorite summertime destination for a vacation or Getaway?

    Over the last 32 years I have probably gone to 30 different locations for summer vacation....and I won't bore you with the list....and that trend will likely continue.

    For a short getaway I generally try to get up to Put-In-Bay to scream "Fuck You Westside" once a summer....all of you should do that. I have been to nearby Lakeside a couple of times as well.

    5. What is your favorite "Cool Down" Summertime drink?

    Dasani Water usually. An occasional wine cooler or margarita Beer does not do it for me. Coke used to, but I am trying to stay away from the pop and sugar. An occasional stop at the nearby root beer stand should satisfy the soft drink urge.

    But I should experiment with the foo foo drinks more like GFT described.

    Better?

    @the-gipper said:

    2. What is your favorite beach(es) (whether you go there in summer or not)?

    I/we do not have any particular local beach that we like to go to. I choose various vacation destinations and some have beaches. Favorites I have gone to in the past: Kapalua Beach, Maui. Doheney Beach, Orange Co. Crystal Coast NC.

    But the best beaches are on St. John's USVI

    http://www.vinow.com/stjohn/beaches_stj/

    Every snorkel at Waterlemon Cay there? Nice little spot and fairly unknown since it's a short walk and swim over to it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    2. What is your favorite beach(es) (whether you go there in summer or not)?

    I/we do not have any particular local beach that we like to go to. I choose various vacation destinations and some have beaches. Favorites I have gone to in the past: Kapalua Beach, Maui. Doheney Beach, Orange Co. Crystal Coast NC.

    But the best beaches are on St. John's USVI

    http://www.vinow.com/stjohn/beaches_stj/

    Every snorkel at Waterlemon Cay there? Nice little spot and fairly unknown since it's a short walk and swim over to it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Every snorkel at Waterlemon Cay there? Nice little spot and fairly unknown since it's a short walk and swim over to it.

    I did not snorkel as I could not see underwater well without my glasses, and I don't wear contacts and you can't wear glasses and snorkel. I subsequently purchased some prescription snorkel lenses which I have used a few times.

  • This is Trunk Bay - the beautiful beach at US Virgin Islands that Gip mentioned.

    Trunk Bay was #1 on that list ! cool.

    . At

    the shoreline, out around the island, this side you're looking at...there is an underwater park.

    Things labeled... etc. There was a crease on this side of the

    island on the left - we swam up into it, and clouds of fish were

    everywhere.

    I reckon it's because a barracuda swam past.... and we stayed

    in the crease til it left.

    Beautiful, crystal clear water.

    3180860314_41ea6341c8_z.jpg?zz=1

  • This is Trunk Bay - the beautiful beach at US Virgin Islands that Gip mentioned.

    Trunk Bay was #1 on that list ! cool.

    . At

    the shoreline, out around the island, this side you're looking at...there is an underwater park.

    Things labeled... etc. There was a crease on this side of the

    island on the left - we swam up into it, and clouds of fish were

    everywhere.

    I reckon it's because a barracuda swam past.... and we stayed

    in the crease til it left.

    Beautiful, crystal clear water.

    3180860314_41ea6341c8_z.jpg?zz=1

    @calfoxwc said:

    This is Trunk Bay - the beautiful beach at US Virgin Islands that Gip mentioned.

    Trunk Bay was #1 on that list ! cool.

    . At

    the shoreline, out around the island, this side you're looking at...there is an underwater park.

    Things labeled... etc. There was a crease on this side of the

    island on the left - we swam up into it, and clouds of fish were

    everywhere.

    I reckon it's because a barracuda swam past.... and we stayed

    in the crease til it left.

    Beautiful, crystal clear water.

    3180860314_41ea6341c8_z.jpg?zz=1

    That looks amazing, it's going on my list.

  • This is Trunk Bay - the beautiful beach at US Virgin Islands that Gip mentioned.

    Trunk Bay was #1 on that list ! cool.

    . At

    the shoreline, out around the island, this side you're looking at...there is an underwater park.

    Things labeled... etc. There was a crease on this side of the

    island on the left - we swam up into it, and clouds of fish were

    everywhere.

    I reckon it's because a barracuda swam past.... and we stayed

    in the crease til it left.

    Beautiful, crystal clear water.

    3180860314_41ea6341c8_z.jpg?zz=1

    @calfoxwc said:

    This is Trunk Bay - the beautiful beach at US Virgin Islands that Gip mentioned.

    Trunk Bay was #1 on that list ! cool.

    . At

    the shoreline, out around the island, this side you're looking at...there is an underwater park.

    Things labeled... etc. There was a crease on this side of the

    island on the left - we swam up into it, and clouds of fish were

    everywhere.

    I reckon it's because a barracuda swam past.... and we stayed

    in the crease til it left.

    Beautiful, crystal clear water.

    3180860314_41ea6341c8_z.jpg?zz=1

    Yep, if you go to the Barber Shop Forum and look up my Best of America thread that I put up a few years ago, I believe I rated this my #1 beach.....or at least mentioned it in the top 2-3.