Skip to content

Maurkice Pouncey could miss the entire season, will need surgery.

The Browns Board
143 23 3.8k
  • @riffer-x said:

    Pittsburgh Steelers: Steelers CB Brandon Boykin Doesn’t Know Why He Didn’t Play

    The Pittsburgh Steelers have a shaky secondary—to say the least—so it seemed likeBrandon Boykin would play a big role in the team’s regular-season debut against the New England Patriots. After all, the team traded a fifth-round 2016 draft pick for him to take him off the Philadelphia Eagles’ hands earlier in the summer. But, Boykin didn’t play a single snap against New England, and he doesn’t know why.

    Boykin, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Mark Kaboly said, “I feel like I can help. I really don't know why that happened or what the case is. I haven't talked to the coaches about it yet. I will definitely ask if it continues for some reason. I am kind of new here. I have been here four weeks. I know I could've contributed, but I don't what there reason was for not getting any snaps.”

    In three years with the Eagles, Boykin totaled seven interceptions, 114 combined tackles and 31 passes defensed despite only getting six starts in 48 games. Meanwhile, on Thursday night, the Steelers gave up 288 yards and four touchdowns on 25 Tom Brady completions, at times leaving players like Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski completely uncovered.

    Will Boykin get on the field against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday? “Whether it is now or later, we will see. I definitely want to be on the field and definitely feel like I could've helped, but that's what the circumstances are. You aren't going to go through your career without having any adversity. It will be figured out and it will be answered,” answered Boykin. It’s worth noting Boykin wanted out of Philadelphia because he wasn’t getting the amount of playing time he sought; for now, it appears history is repeating itself for him with the Steelers.

    Ha! I think I wasted a couple hours of my life having Vag explain to me how this guy was a "the best slot corner in the league last year" and a "Top 5 corner"

    Zombo

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Ha! I think I wasted a couple hours of my life having Vag explain to me how this guy was a "the best slot corner in the league last year" and a "Top 5 corner"

    Zombo

    Supposedly he's had a groin issue and has been stiff in coverage. His stats paint him as one of the best slot corners in the game. It wasn't my evaluation.

  • Zombo said:

    Ha! I think I wasted a couple hours of my life having Vag explain to me how this guy was a "the best slot corner in the league last year" and a "Top 5 corner"

    Zombo

    Supposedly he's had a groin issue and has been stiff in coverage. His stats paint him as one of the best slot corners in the game. It wasn't my evaluation.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Supposedly he's had a groin issue and has been stiff in coverage. His stats paint him as one of the best slot corners in the game. It wasn't my evaluation.

    But dammit, you have the best backup center in the NFL, and your 3rd string cornerback could start for the Seahawks. 🙂

  • Zombo said:

    Ha! I think I wasted a couple hours of my life having Vag explain to me how this guy was a "the best slot corner in the league last year" and a "Top 5 corner"

    Zombo

    Supposedly he's had a groin issue and has been stiff in coverage. His stats paint him as one of the best slot corners in the game. It wasn't my evaluation.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Supposedly he's had a groin issue and has been stiff in coverage. His stats paint him as one of the best slot corners in the game. It wasn't my evaluation.

    He has stiffness in the groin? Kinda like you when you think about him?