Random Thoughts
-
Who's talking about receivers in this thread? Focus.
Ngata is off the field plenty. When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
Who's talking about receivers in this thread? Focus.
Ngata is off the field plenty. When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
Focusing on Shelton, Jets ran around 60 plays and off the top of my head I'd say Shelton played 30-35.
-
Who's talking about receivers in this thread? Focus.
Ngata is off the field plenty. When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
-
When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
Don't get me wrong, wasn't blaming Shelton or even saying he played poorly. Just from memory believe he was off the field quite a bit for a guy who we need to be dominate.
-
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
Don't get me wrong, wasn't blaming Shelton or even saying he played poorly. Just from memory believe he was off the field quite a bit for a guy who we need to be dominate.
Don't get me wrong, wasn't blaming Shelton or even saying he played poorly. Just from memory believe he was off the field quite a bit for a guy who we need to be dominate.
No problem, I'm not being a know-it-all.
I'm just sick and tired of watching opposing RBs get to the edge and no OLB is there. It's been a problem for a long long time, and we've had our share of defensive coordinator head coaches.
I don't know if it's a talent thing or the scheme of the D. All I know is that it sucks, and we aren't going anywhere until it's addressed.
-
Who's talking about receivers in this thread? Focus.
Ngata is off the field plenty. When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
Focusing on Shelton, Jets ran around 60 plays and off the top of my head I'd say Shelton played 30-35.
Focusing on Shelton, Jets ran around 60 plays and off the top of my head I'd say Shelton played 30-35.
Without seeing the official numbers, I'd like to see him at about 2/3 which he wasn't far off from.
-
When you run a 3-4, your starting nose isn't going to play every snap. That's just a fact. Study some football.
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
When you run a 3-4, your LBs are supposed to make tackles. Especially on the edge (OLB in particular). Our LBs aren't very good, as nearly every tackle Sunday was by a DB. I blame sub par LB play rather than a poor D Line performance for our crappy showing against the Jets.
Totally agree.
-
Jets ran exactly 60 plays... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091305/2015/REG1/browns@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000529349&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore
Danny was on-field for 40... sorta exactly 2/3rds... http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/9/14/9322255/browns-week-1-defensive-snap-counts-vs-jets
-
Jets ran exactly 60 plays... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091305/2015/REG1/browns@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000529349&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore
Danny was on-field for 40... sorta exactly 2/3rds... http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/9/14/9322255/browns-week-1-defensive-snap-counts-vs-jets
Jets ran exactly 60 plays... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091305/2015/REG1/browns@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000529349&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore
Danny was on-field for 40... sorta exactly 2/3rds... http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/9/14/9322255/browns-week-1-defensive-snap-counts-vs-jets
I stand corrected thought it was less. I'd like to hear your thoughts after you watch the tape.
-
Shelton did not get a good grade from PFF.
-
Shelton needs to be in there as much as possible on passing downs to create space for our outside rushers.
As far as his game 1 performance, keep in mind he's a rookie who went against Mangold his 1st NFL game.
Mike
-
Exactly. Give him some game time first before making any judgments.
-
No judgements here, just passing along the report.
-
Get back to work on that OL anal. tour!

-
Sorry, but I skip our D... fast forward through it.
Just focus on the O and specifically the O-line.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login