These last two weeks....
-
Exactly. The turnovers he committed aren't outrageous considering that the fumbles seemed to me to have been forced. That means that the offensive line let somebody get to him. Any of his good plays and there were a few, were negated by shithead penalties by guy who should not be committing them. Not only the penalty yardage we lost but the gains we would have had if those passes and runs has not been called back, putting us into an even more desperate situation.Except for the fact that Josh is not the problem?
As much as I like Johnny I'm not going to call for Josh McCown to be benched until he loses a game by himself.
WSS
A new thread by Tacosman and WalterWhite in the same day. Christmas came early!
As much as I like Johnny I'm not going to call for Josh McCown to be benched until he loses a game by himself.
Continued contributions to losses may also qualify. Today he did OK outside of the fumbles, but last week he certainly didn't help us get a win.
-
Yes, but you HAVE GOT to see what you have in Manziel! Geez!
with no running game, how can you analyze any qb right now with this team. There all going to get killed just like mccown. Tough times in good ole cleveland. All i can say is, time to break out the lebron james gear because this football season is over for the browns...
-
Manziel did win his only start this year, so there is that...
I'll give him the fact that he's a winner, and plays his a** off especially late in games. Even if he's not the conventional "NFL Starter," a guy like him can change the attitude of an entire team if he gets fired up... I saw him do it in college with a pure "will to win," and I think that attitude is exactly what's missing from this team...
Our veterans and coaching staff are so "afraid to lose" that it's all they can think about. It's like if you tell me "don't push the red button" all I'm going to think about is pushing the red button, then eventually... I'll push the red button. If all you think about is "don't lose," then you make stupid decisions and eventually... you lose...
I'm not a JM fanboy, and I'm not sold on his off the field issues or his skill level, but ON THE FIELD I love his fire...
-
Anyone who thinks Josh Mccown is playing poorly or is the reason for our woes is mentally challenged. He has made some bad decisions, as has every QB in the league. I suppose you know he has the highest 3rd down success of ALL QB's? The thought " we have to see what we have in Johnny" is also laughable. They know what they have and that's why he's on the bench learning. There's also a damn good chance he's headed for league discipline.
I agree...but, the only way to keep fan interest at this point is to fire the HC or play Manziel. They will play Manziel. I hope he does well, but all the Manziel lovers will say what we are saying about McCown, if he fails....." the rest of the team sucks"....and you really can't argue that.
I agree...but, the only way to keep fan interest at this point is to fire the HC or play Manziel. They will play Manziel. I hope he does well, but all the Manziel lovers will say what we are saying about McCown, if he fails....." the rest of the team sucks"....and you really can't argue that.
Pettine won't be fired. You HAVE to see what Manziel can do. I won't blame it on the rest of the team if he flops. The season is toast. Time to see if we need to draft yet another qb in the first round next year.
with no running game, how can you analyze any qb right now with this team. There all going to get killed just like mccown. Tough times in good ole cleveland. All i can say is, time to break out the lebron james gear because this football season is over for the browns...
If you discount Tom Brady's runs, the Patriots had ONE yard rushing against the Jets. It can be done.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login