Skip to content

Pettine will be the new Chuck Noll

The Browns Board
22 10 919
  • @the-gipper said:

    Mentioned it on another thread. When Chuck Noll started with the Pittsburgh Steelers his record the first 3 years was: 1-13, 5-9, 6-8. Then he went on to coach the team to winning records the next 14 straight years.

    I see some Chuck Noll in Mike Pettine. Kind of no nonsense, defense oriented guy.

    Now.....if only Pettine can get the kind of draft picks for him that Noll got out of whomever was picking for the Steelers.

    Aye, that's the rub.

    Oh boy... ( rolling my eyes )....you need to quit contemplating this situation during those 6 martini lunches. Watching Pettine speak to the media on the news last night....he clearly looks like a beaten man, to me. I'm still hopeful for Pettine, but somewhat realistic. Who could survive this situation?.....idiot GM...Manziel fiasco....lousy DC.....players quitting?

    @lodilobo said:

    Oh boy... ( rolling my eyes )....you need to quit contemplating this situation during those 6 martini lunches. Watching Pettine speak to the media on the news last night....he clearly looks like a beaten man, to me. I'm still hopeful for Pettine, but somewhat realistic. Who could survive this situation?.....idiot GM...Manziel fiasco....lousy DC.....players quitting?

    And Noll went 1-13 his first season with a perrenial losing team....so he too had his difficulties. So, you never know.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    And for which team he does this after the Browns fire him is also the rub 🙂

    I think you have been rubbing whatever you have a bit too much.