So having Kruger following TE's and slot receivers worked so well they tried it with Armonty?
-
You know for shits and giggles cause I looked up Tom Landry to see when he died cause I was making the joke that we'd be calling for the ghost of Tom Landry to be fired after a year. What was interesting is that I saw he is the inventor of the modern 4-3 defense. They used to line up a D lineman 2 yds infront of the center, it was Landry's D that in essence created the 4-3 MLB'er. He also did interesting stuff with the lineman, lining "some" of them up a step or two back from the others in order to maximize their run pursuit angles.
Something tells me if we actually brought that SOB back from the dead and told him to go coach the Browns, he'd have our front 4 a lot more active in run defense. I just bet some old school principles might actually work in certain facets of todays game.
You know for shits and giggles cause I looked up Tom Landry to see when he died cause I was making the joke that we'd be calling for the ghost of Tom Landry to be fired after a year. What was interesting is that I saw he is the inventor of the modern 4-3 defense. They used to line up a D lineman 2 yds infront of the center, it was Landry's D that in essence created the 4-3 MLB'er. He also did interesting stuff with the lineman, lining "some" of them up a step or two back from the others in order to maximize their run pursuit angles.
Yup... When he was DC for NYG and (I believe) Lombardi was the OC...
The D was so dominant, and the O so pathetic, that to prevent starting the afternoon with boos, NYG became the first team to introduce their Defense before the game.
And the DL alignment with some a step off the line was the beginning of the "Flex" Landry famously ran in Dallas.
-
You know for shits and giggles cause I looked up Tom Landry to see when he died cause I was making the joke that we'd be calling for the ghost of Tom Landry to be fired after a year. What was interesting is that I saw he is the inventor of the modern 4-3 defense. They used to line up a D lineman 2 yds infront of the center, it was Landry's D that in essence created the 4-3 MLB'er. He also did interesting stuff with the lineman, lining "some" of them up a step or two back from the others in order to maximize their run pursuit angles.
Yup... When he was DC for NYG and (I believe) Lombardi was the OC...
The D was so dominant, and the O so pathetic, that to prevent starting the afternoon with boos, NYG became the first team to introduce their Defense before the game.
And the DL alignment with some a step off the line was the beginning of the "Flex" Landry famously ran in Dallas.
Jim Howell as HC had it made with Landry as DC and Lombardi as OC.Yup... When he was DC for NYG and (I believe) Lombardi was the OC...The D was so dominant, and the O so pathetic, that to prevent starting the afternoon with boos, NYG became the first team to introduce their Defense before the game.And the DL alignment with some a step off the line was the beginning of the "Flex" Landry famously ran in Dallas.
Howell made a comment that with those 2 guys on the coaching staff, all he had to do was make sure the footballs had air.
That's more than Bill Belichik has done.
-
I mean did anyone notice that in the 1st quarter? I'm sorry i know my name ends with 4life but i might be done with the season if I see one more DL/OLB'er not named Mingo trailing after a TE or slot receiver across the middle. I'm not a football guru, armchair fanboy like all of us....but seriously this is now in the realm of surreal. You don't need to work on an NFL coaching staff to understand that dropping a hybrid jack OLB'er who last year played 5 tech DE, into man coverage against players that your safety couldn't keep up with........is beyond the realm of preposterous. It's the exact same route i've watched Kruger get burned on a couple times so far this year. I wrote about this in the preseason game against the Bills where I saw it for the first time with Kruger. That's why i don't think this was a mistake or blown coverage.
I know i've been saying for weeks that we should can the fire Mike Pettine talk cause it'll do us vastly more harm than good. But if this shit keeps up, it proves to me he's delliberately fucking off for some reason. I don't believe for a second that someone would have even made it past the HS level that thought these kind of personnel matchups were creatively sneaky. Like this'll surprise em, they won't know what to do with this look........besides audible to that receiver every time and clear out one side of the field so he has nothing but an green meadow infront of him and the endzone. Nobody makes it into the NFL that goofs around like that. If Pettine has anything to do with that continuing call that has cost us big plays multiple times and gotten us laughed at by all major football analysts wondering what on gods earth is our defense doing dropping those guys into coverage........he's got to be fired.
I mean did anyone notice that in the 1st quarter? I'm sorry i know my name ends with 4life but i might be done with the season if I see one more DL/OLB'er not named Mingo trailing after a TE or slot receiver across the middle. I'm not a football guru, armchair fanboy like all of us....but seriously this is now in the realm of surreal. You don't need to work on an NFL coaching staff to understand that dropping a hybrid jack OLB'er who last year played 5 tech DE, into man coverage against players that your safety couldn't keep up with........is beyond the realm of preposterous. It's the exact same route i've watched Kruger get burned on a couple times so far this year. I wrote about this in the preseason game against the Bills where I saw it for the first time with Kruger. That's why i don't think this was a mistake or blown coverage.
I know i've been saying for weeks that we should can the fire Mike Pettine talk cause it'll do us vastly more harm than good. But if this shit keeps up, it proves to me he's delliberately fucking off for some reason. I don't believe for a second that someone would have even made it past the HS level that thought these kind of personnel matchups were creatively sneaky. Like this'll surprise em, they won't know what to do with this look........besides audible to that receiver every time and clear out one side of the field so he has nothing but an green meadow infront of him and the endzone. Nobody makes it into the NFL that goofs around like that. If Pettine has anything to do with that continuing call that has cost us big plays multiple times and gotten us laughed at by all major football analysts wondering what on gods earth is our defense doing dropping those guys into coverage........he's got to be fired.
I'd wager one of the issues is they didn't feel comfortable one on one vs Green or Sanu. At some point you have a weak spot.
-
I mean did anyone notice that in the 1st quarter? I'm sorry i know my name ends with 4life but i might be done with the season if I see one more DL/OLB'er not named Mingo trailing after a TE or slot receiver across the middle. I'm not a football guru, armchair fanboy like all of us....but seriously this is now in the realm of surreal. You don't need to work on an NFL coaching staff to understand that dropping a hybrid jack OLB'er who last year played 5 tech DE, into man coverage against players that your safety couldn't keep up with........is beyond the realm of preposterous. It's the exact same route i've watched Kruger get burned on a couple times so far this year. I wrote about this in the preseason game against the Bills where I saw it for the first time with Kruger. That's why i don't think this was a mistake or blown coverage.
I know i've been saying for weeks that we should can the fire Mike Pettine talk cause it'll do us vastly more harm than good. But if this shit keeps up, it proves to me he's delliberately fucking off for some reason. I don't believe for a second that someone would have even made it past the HS level that thought these kind of personnel matchups were creatively sneaky. Like this'll surprise em, they won't know what to do with this look........besides audible to that receiver every time and clear out one side of the field so he has nothing but an green meadow infront of him and the endzone. Nobody makes it into the NFL that goofs around like that. If Pettine has anything to do with that continuing call that has cost us big plays multiple times and gotten us laughed at by all major football analysts wondering what on gods earth is our defense doing dropping those guys into coverage........he's got to be fired.
I'd wager one of the issues is they didn't feel comfortable one on one vs Green or Sanu. At some point you have a weak spot.
I'd wager one of the issues is they didn't feel comfortable one on one vs Green or Sanu. At some point you have a weak spot.
I understand but at some point you just have to look at your guys and say "cover someone"....cause we can't give you help all over the field that then necissitates one of big men covering a slot receiver.
-
IT's just a bad scheme all around. It needs tossed out
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login