Skip to content

Sam Rutigliano nails it on the Browns vs Bengals

The Browns Board
46 18 1.9k
  • Kinda off topic here so sorry about that but I keep hearing Browns fans using this excuse about not bringing in a successful coach because "everyone knows they can't win it again" and to me that is very narrow minded. Who knows they can't win it again? I don't think anyone knows. And plus all that... people are seriously delusional and must not understand the game if they actually think this teams priority should be winning the superbowl right now. I think it should be just trying to win back to back games and then getting to the playoffs. Paul Brown went to the Bengals and never won a championship in his seven years as head coach there but he did get them to the playoffs 3 times.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    Kinda off topic here so sorry about that but I keep hearing Browns fans using this excuse about not bringing in a successful coach because "everyone knows they can't win it again" and to me that is very narrow minded. Who knows they can't win it again? I don't think anyone knows. And plus all that... people are seriously delusional and must not understand the game if they actually think this teams priority should be winning the superbowl right now. I think it should be just trying to win back to back games and then getting to the playoffs. Paul Brown went to the Bengals and never won a championship in his seven years as head coach there but he did get them to the playoffs 3 times.

    It's not off topic...but to me and this is just my opinion. Bringing in the successful retread coach who has already won his super bowl (or more than one) somewhere else just won't work. It hasn't worked in 40 years and it's been tried many many times. So to me, that's not the way to go. The fire just won't be there.

    If we're going to start over, we need to find the young Sean Payton or the young Belicheck (though the media would hate that guy) or as much as I hate to say it...the young Bill Cowher.

  • But let's play a fun game anyway, fast forward two years into the Dungy/Manning era where we're still an avg to below avg team rebuilding with young players. Let's hear why Dungy's a bum and Manning's an arrogant asshole that need to be fired not at the end of the season, but RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!! Let's preemptively run Dungy and Manning out of town before they're even hired. This will be fun, here I'll start one...

    OMFG this fucking Manning cunt can't control his offense. You see these guys? Was a good QB but fuck he can't OC in the NFL. He needed to start out in division II or something...get him out of here he sucks and I hate him.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @clevfan4life said:

    But let's play a fun game anyway, fast forward two years into the Dungy/Manning era where we're still an avg to below avg team rebuilding with young players. Let's hear why Dungy's a bum and Manning's an arrogant asshole that need to be fired not at the end of the season, but RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!! Let's preemptively run Dungy and Manning out of town before they're even hired. This will be fun, here I'll start one...

    OMFG this fucking Manning cunt can't control his offense. You see these guys? Was a good QB but fuck he can't OC in the NFL. He needed to start out in division II or something...get him out of here he sucks and I hate him.

    Lol I can't let your post go without giving props. Right on the money and funny as hell.
  • As long as its not "high pitched voice" Manning....cause nobody would take him seriously....

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mudfly said:

    As long as its not "high pitched voice" Manning....cause nobody would take him seriously....

    chicken parm you taste so good.....

  • "OMAHA!"

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @sisky-fringo said:

    "OMAHA!"

    You mean that's where Peyton wants to wind up? Nebraska? Sorry, they play in Lincoln. LOL, I want to hear a play call like this-Omaha, Lincoln, Ogalla, Kearney, Valentine, North Platte. LOL.

  • @bbedward said:

    I'm not sure why any accomplished coach would risk there reputation to come here.

    Then again, Holmgren didn't care.

    hey, just wanted to say, you almost got the score right after last night. If it wasn't for that awesome ankle tackle by our explosive db gilbert on the bengals wr, you would have been totally correct...ehhh, except for the team of course. That receiver would have scored if he only could have kept his balance for just 1 or 2 more seconds...

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @browns52 said:

    hey, just wanted to say, you almost got the score right after last night. If it wasn't for that awesome ankle tackle by our explosive db gilbert on the bengals wr, you would have been totally correct...ehhh, except for the team of course. That receiver would have scored if he only could have kept his balance for just 1 or 2 more seconds...

    My crystal ball was part right 😉

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Personally I think it would be awesome if it came to fruition. The potential is mindblowing