Titans Waive Terrance West - Browns Won't Receive 7th Round Pick
-
zeke is probably the most gifted back in the draft. Will be interesting to see how well he does in a Pro style offense where the blocking is geared toward him and not in making the QB look like a princess on skates. I know Urb's style dominates in college but I just think Zeke will look even better in traditional formations, especially with a power FB infront of him. And like was already said, Elliot is a monster blocker. Unfortunately he is a 1st round talent but we can't take him cause we have way way way too many desperate needs right now. With the state of our O line taking a RB in the 1st round is a complete waste.
. With the state of our O line taking a RB in the 1st round is a complete waste.
And what state would that be? Having a damn good Oline?
-
Mud-I never claimed Richardson was a good pick. I thought him too small for the pros. But give me a 6'3" 240+ runner with a 6th gear and power through the line any day over 6'0" 220 lb back with equal ability any day against the giants in the NFL lines. As for Fornette the following year, he will turn out to be another Peterson for some lucky team one day. Don't get me wrong. I would not cry if we took Eliot. I just happen to like the bigger back (Henry) more for the tough inside yards that the Browns have trouble getting.
-
Mud-I never claimed Richardson was a good pick. I thought him too small for the pros. But give me a 6'3" 240+ runner with a 6th gear and power through the line any day over 6'0" 220 lb back with equal ability any day against the giants in the NFL lines. As for Fornette the following year, he will turn out to be another Peterson for some lucky team one day. Don't get me wrong. I would not cry if we took Eliot. I just happen to like the bigger back (Henry) more for the tough inside yards that the Browns have trouble getting.
There was nothing wrong with Trent's size his eyesight that was a different story.Mud-I never claimed Richardson was a good pick. I thought him too small for the pros. But give me a 6'3" 240+ runner with a 6th gear and power through the line any day over 6'0" 220 lb back with equal ability any day against the giants in the NFL lines. As for Fornette the following year, he will turn out to be another Peterson for some lucky team one day. Don't get me wrong. I would not cry if we took Eliot. I just happen to like the bigger back (Henry) more for the tough inside yards that the Browns have trouble getting.
-
Mud-I never claimed Richardson was a good pick. I thought him too small for the pros. But give me a 6'3" 240+ runner with a 6th gear and power through the line any day over 6'0" 220 lb back with equal ability any day against the giants in the NFL lines. As for Fornette the following year, he will turn out to be another Peterson for some lucky team one day. Don't get me wrong. I would not cry if we took Eliot. I just happen to like the bigger back (Henry) more for the tough inside yards that the Browns have trouble getting.
Mud-I never claimed Richardson was a good pick. I thought him too small for the pros. But give me a 6'3" 240+ runner with a 6th gear and power through the line any day over 6'0" 220 lb back with equal ability any day against the giants in the NFL lines. As for Fornette the following year, he will turn out to be another Peterson for some lucky team one day. Don't get me wrong. I would not cry if we took Eliot. I just happen to like the bigger back (Henry) more for the tough inside yards that the Browns have trouble getting.
I think you got me confused with Cysco....never mentioned Richardson....(or Fornette or Henry ftm)
Just said that Elliot tore the living crap outta some top TOP competition.....including Alabama.....when you said he woudnt do well in the SEC or hadnt played any good competition(or whatever)....
-
Oh I forgot. We don't change our offense to fit any players.

Forcing ourselves to abandon the ZBS might not be the worst idea out there, but a back that can function under either scheme is ideal.
My internal justification for Manziel was he may fit pretty well into the Shanahan offense, but...
... but Shanny isn't here? Shanny did not agree? Shanny left Johnny on our doorstep?
He sure popped Alabama last year.....2 TD's and 230 yds in only 20 carries.........
Or.....National Championship Game(pretty good comp there, right?)...how about 4 TD's and 246 yards?.....
Wisconsin playoff?.......whoops.....another 220 yard / 2 TD game....
All pretty good competition there.....eh?
So, against the 3 top ranked NCAA teams.....696 yards and 8 TD's in 3 games......not too shabby, Id say....
Oh SNAP! That's gonna leave a mark...
zeke is probably the most gifted back in the draft. Unfortunately he is a 1st round talent but we can't take him cause we have way way way too many desperate needs right now. With the state of our O line taking a RB in the 1st round is a complete waste.
So in other words, he's as good as ours...
-
BOOFUCKINGHOO.
STFU, PLEEZ!
-
Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.
-
Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.
Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.
While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.
-
Farmer traded up to get him I believe. Awesome.
While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.
While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.
Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......
Weird how second guessers are always right......
And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?
-
While passing up on plenty of the WR talent that was available in the draft.
Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......
Weird how second guessers are always right......
And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?
Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......
Weird how second guessers are always right......
And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?
I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:
-Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.
-Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).
- Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).
Any one of them would be our #2 if not #1 receiver on the Browns. At least they are all on rosters, which is more than we can say about West.
I had several mock drafts, and depending on which you looked at, I had us picking OBJ (better than all our WR), Teddy B.(better than Manziel) , Sammy Watkins (better than all our WR), CJ Mosley (Better than Kirksey), Kyle Fuller (who can at least crack the starting lineup and had 4 picks his rookie year).
-
"He's as good as ours" LOL Tour
Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?
-
"He's as good as ours" LOL Tour
Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?
Honest questions for you. Is the ZBS scheme really working for us? And if not why not? And if it is, why such problems running the ball?
Individual defeats in a group scheme is as good as I can do, Ag. This year it just seems like at least one of our OL gets shoved backwards disrupting plays. Most often it is Mack, but it's enough other players enough of the time to believe technique may be a piece of the problem.
Beyond that I speculated in another thread a week or so ago that splits and/or pad angle on the move might be an issue. I wish I still had game tape from early 2014 to compare. In my mind's eye I see our OL pads more parallel to the LOS and closer together, but even I am not inclined to trust my mind's eye.
Other fail factors?
- FB... but we did not have one last year either. Last year we ran best out of 2TE-Singleback sets. This year I think we'd see we have gotten better results out of 1TE looks.
- Missing holes... both Crow and Duke have shown a propensity for getting to the line too fast and forcing themselves to pick a POA. You can't do that as a ZBS back. You have to patiently press the line and be prepared to cut or bounce to any crease that presents itself. Draughn and Turbine have shown the requisite patience, but...
- WR blocking... on the rare occasions we have gotten to the 3rd level, it has been even rarer to have that level blocked to extend the gain. We have scored very few "chunk" runs this season.
-
WR Blocking-That is because our WR's are so tiny they can't get a decent block even if it's set up perfectly by the back.
And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.
-
Plenty of WR talent after the 3rd?.....who?......certainly no game changers there......
Weird how second guessers are always right......
And, btw, I did go back and look at your mock....hahahaha.....wasn't so brilliant then, eh?
I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:
-Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.
-Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).
- Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).
Any one of them would be our #2 if not #1 receiver on the Browns. At least they are all on rosters, which is more than we can say about West.
I had several mock drafts, and depending on which you looked at, I had us picking OBJ (better than all our WR), Teddy B.(better than Manziel) , Sammy Watkins (better than all our WR), CJ Mosley (Better than Kirksey), Kyle Fuller (who can at least crack the starting lineup and had 4 picks his rookie year).
I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:
-Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.
-Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).
- Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).
Brown and Moncrief went well ahead of West....plus we traded up from the 4th, so had we not made the trade, we would have been picking in the 4th....
And a surprising stat......West gained more yards last year, than Bryant has in 2 years......
So, in truth we'd be picking a WR in the 4th(which we DID this year)....and aside from Bryant(who is only "ok), there were no others..
Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....
-
I didn't say game changers, and I didn't say after the third. West was drafted in the third, so look at the talent from third round on:
-Fourth round pick, Martavis Bryant (8TD in 2014) Oh hey, how is our 4th round pick WR from this year doing? Oh yeah, he got cut.
-Third round pick John Brown (562 yards receiving this year so far).
- Third round pick Donte Moncrief (5 recieving TD this year so far).
Brown and Moncrief went well ahead of West....plus we traded up from the 4th, so had we not made the trade, we would have been picking in the 4th....
And a surprising stat......West gained more yards last year, than Bryant has in 2 years......
So, in truth we'd be picking a WR in the 4th(which we DID this year)....and aside from Bryant(who is only "ok), there were no others..
Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....
Again...not really defending the West pick as much as just getting tired of hearing all the cherry picked players we "could have" drafted.....its a tired and pointless exercise that anyone with google can do and establishes nothing......I think we all can go back and claim I wanted this guy and didnt want that guy....yada yada yada.....
True...with hindsight we'd have a fucking all pro team starting on both sides of the ball for all the guys "we could've drafted".
-
Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...
Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......
-
Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.
-
Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...
Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......
Its confirmed....West is now a Raven......I do believe it was said we traded up to prevent the Ravens from picking him first...
Just hope the Browns were right(the "second" time) and he doesnt torment us for years to come......
He always was a Ravens fan. I always felt he would play his best football for the Ravens & figured he would go there as a free agent. We'lll see.
Mike
-
Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.
Tour, here is the thread on PFF regarding the Browns' failures in the run game. According to them, it's everyone but the OL.
Thanks.. interesting read, but I'm confused by this bit...
... the Browns are a team that likes to run outside zone, and can’t reliably get to the edge. Their average yards per carry around right end is 2.7; to the left, it’s just 1.1. Running either side of G John Greco, by contrast, is yielding an average of 4.0 yards per carry.
The TEs have not been the primary reason our wide zone runs have been dismal. It's been a breakdown by one of the linemen. Plus we usually run our widest plays out of singleback sets.
It does not surprise me that we get the most yardage running either side of our best roadgrader and most consistent blocker.
-
WR Blocking-That is because our WR's are so tiny they can't get a decent block even if it's set up perfectly by the back.
And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.
And why did Duke disappear the send half?-big mystery to me.
duke including training camp has had 3 or 4 concussion in his rookie season. might be the best decision this coaching staff is making? Are they all occurring in later quarters maybe a thought. I see it more that our coaches will protect a player before winning or playing for ties (dumb). Yea it's football & being soft & fragile is not a good thing but our coaches do a damn good job of covering things up that Ray & scouts don't dig up. AKA JM, Gilbert & is it really Shelton that may not have the stamina to play 3rd down?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login