Skip to content

12 penalties for 188 yards

The Browns Board
45 25 1.4k
  • Farmer is right.

  • How many penalties and or mistakes did Tramon Williams make,today? I get the Red Zone but there was nothing to see.

    Did anyone see the article at CBSsports.com about teams calling the Browns before the trade deadline? It said there were teams interested in trades but were told by Farmer he had to consult with others on the staff? Make a long story short teams said they couldn't get answers from anyone in the front office?

    On a good note the Browns have a bye week and no one will be forced to watch this mess until they host Baltimore Nov. 30th on Monday Night Football. I pray they get their act together at least for that one night!

    Haslam said he wasn't making any changes over the bye. Manziel will probably get the start but it's a bad team. No quarterback can make a difference on a team with no running game. And an offensive line that would make anyone squeamish. They're responsible for Josh McCown getting pummeled and injured. Manziel can throw on the run but even he could not escape the constant breakdown of the line.

    Memo to Farmer: You cannot win in the NFL without Big Physical Wide receivers who can also block and fight for the ball. You must draft a running back bell cow and forget the committee approach.

    As for the defense? How do you replace 11 duds!

    Thank you for not even negotiating with Skrine, Sheard, Ward and Rubin. At least they had chemistry! You, Mr. Farmer, are a fraud!

  • @hx214 said:

    Somebody still needs to try to explain how it's a coaches fault when a Dlinemen lines up offsides... And the guy isn't in middle school/pee wee and doesn't know better.

    ..

    Totally agree and posted that last week after Starks didn't understand he was lined up offsides when he was the closest guy on our defense to the football pre-snap.

    That said, when our running game ranks 31st and our defense is ranked 32nd what kind of reflection is that on the coaching staff - progress or regression?

    Next, Pettine is 2-13 in his last 15 games as an active part of the Democracy bringing his hand selected coaches and his hand selected players.

    Outside of veterans like Benjamin and Barnidge playing the best football of their careers - what younger players in their 2nd or 3rd years here are getting better? Why was our defense way more competitive in their first year of Pettine's defense than the second year? Because the full defense is finally fully installed?

    The decision to start Bademosi pretty much tells our opponent we forfeit against the pass today. That's our coaches who decide who plays, who sits and who watches in street clothes.

    These really aren't good signs

    @flugel said:

    Totally agree and posted that last week after Starks didn't understand he was lined up offsides when he was the closest guy on our defense to the football pre-snap.

    That said, when our running game ranks 31st and our defense is ranked 32nd what kind of reflection is that on the coaching staff - progress or regression?

    Next, Pettine is 2-13 in his last 15 games as an active part of the Democracy bringing his hand selected coaches and his hand selected players.

    Outside of veterans like Benjamin and Barnidge playing the best football of their careers - what younger players in their 2nd or 3rd years here are getting better? Why was our defense way more competitive in their first year of Pettine's defense than the second year? Because the full defense is finally fully installed?

    The decision to start Bademosi pretty much tells our opponent we forfeit against the pass today. That's our coaches who decide who plays, who sits and who watches in street clothes.

    These really aren't good signs

    This is well said here. Obviously every penalty isn't the fault of the coaches, I don't think anyone is saying that. BUT, things like personnel decisions fall squarely on coaches. I'm not exaggerating when I say I can't think of a worse overall performance from a secondary since I've been watching Browns football. It's puzzling that your first round pick is on the bench when you elevate a guy in Bademosi and Gaines who look nothing short of pathetic. Bademosi is a seasoned player in the league now and he looked that bad. I can gives Gaines a break if it weren't for the fact he was directly playing in place of Gilbert.

    Coaches make tough personnel decisions all the time. Bill B. in New England is an example of that and obviously his results speak for themselves. No one is saying the coach doesn't have that latitude, but it's really hard to not see Pettine is objectively wrong in who are "his guys". Another troubling sign to me is that guys had given up out there, at least IMO. I get the game was decided, but that drop by Travis late in the game was gut wrenching. But, here you see him nonchalantly acting like he's playing catch with his kids going back to the huddle. The fire is gone, which again shows strongly to the coaches.

  • What's even more sad is the fact that the calls appeared to be solid. The only one that I felt was bad was the second pass interference call after the first one on the dreaded "77 yard penalty debacle." I really thought the second call was bogus. Again, not that it really matters, but an extra 40 yards a team doesn't deserve is crap.

    Cam Erving was total crap. The holding call on the goal line? I mean, REALLY? And how about the play where the Steelers DL knocked Erving into oblivion? He looked completely overpowered...all game long. I know it's his first start, and I'm not calling him a bust or anything like that, but wouldn't it be nice to have a first round pick that just knocks everyone's socks off right away?

  • What's even more sad is the fact that the calls appeared to be solid. The only one that I felt was bad was the second pass interference call after the first one on the dreaded "77 yard penalty debacle." I really thought the second call was bogus. Again, not that it really matters, but an extra 40 yards a team doesn't deserve is crap.

    Cam Erving was total crap. The holding call on the goal line? I mean, REALLY? And how about the play where the Steelers DL knocked Erving into oblivion? He looked completely overpowered...all game long. I know it's his first start, and I'm not calling him a bust or anything like that, but wouldn't it be nice to have a first round pick that just knocks everyone's socks off right away?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    What's even more sad is the fact that the calls appeared to be solid. The only one that I felt was bad was the second pass interference call after the first one on the dreaded "77 yard penalty debacle." I really thought the second call was bogus. Again, not that it really matters, but an extra 40 yards a team doesn't deserve is crap.

    Cam Erving was total crap. The holding call on the goal line? I mean, REALLY? And how about the play where the Steelers DL knocked Erving into oblivion? He looked completely overpowered...all game long. I know it's his first start, and I'm not calling him a bust or anything like that, but wouldn't it be nice to have a first round pick that just knocks everyone's socks off right away?

    Second pi was close, there was a lot of pushing and grabbing but I'd say both players were doing it. I didn't think a flag was needed. In defense of Erving Cam Heyward is a damn monster and has been blowing up offensive lines all season but yes he blew up Erving and Crowell on that play.