Draft thread
-
Honestly all i see out of bosa is a paul kruger clone roughly same height and weight mostly bullrush outside technique rarely inside. I honestly just don't see all the hype and i have watched almost all the osu games this year. he's a fairly safe bet to be productive player dont get me wrong but lets be honest here the level of opponent he has faced this year is below average and his numbers are the same below average. as much as i love the idea of having bosa opposite kruger with shelton and meder (probably the most pure strength line in the nfl) I just can't agree with not taking lynch with the first pick. Big,Smart,Athletic and rare arm talent. a little raw but much less raw than manziel when we took him. zeke will be taken after henry though. Regardless I dont think we will get either unless they fall to the second. Best case is obviously bosa with one and trade up for lynch but that is really unrealistic. maybe lynch with with 1 and zeke with 2nd if we are lucky. I mean if we fire pettine we will likely get a new coach and with that new coach we will likely get a new qb. but i like mccown and lynch for next year. though Kruger 2.0 would be cool
... (off topic but has anyone else noticed the raw power from 98 Jamie Meder? seriously always pushing people back EVERY game nearly EVERY play. Check it out on Monday ) -
Honestly all i see out of bosa is a paul kruger clone roughly same height and weight mostly bullrush outside technique rarely inside. I honestly just don't see all the hype and i have watched almost all the osu games this year. he's a fairly safe bet to be productive player dont get me wrong but lets be honest here the level of opponent he has faced this year is below average and his numbers are the same below average. as much as i love the idea of having bosa opposite kruger with shelton and meder (probably the most pure strength line in the nfl) I just can't agree with not taking lynch with the first pick. Big,Smart,Athletic and rare arm talent. a little raw but much less raw than manziel when we took him. zeke will be taken after henry though. Regardless I dont think we will get either unless they fall to the second. Best case is obviously bosa with one and trade up for lynch but that is really unrealistic. maybe lynch with with 1 and zeke with 2nd if we are lucky. I mean if we fire pettine we will likely get a new coach and with that new coach we will likely get a new qb. but i like mccown and lynch for next year. though Kruger 2.0 would be cool
... (off topic but has anyone else noticed the raw power from 98 Jamie Meder? seriously always pushing people back EVERY game nearly EVERY play. Check it out on Monday )Honestly all i see out of bosa is a paul kruger clone roughly same height and weight mostly bullrush outside technique rarely inside. I honestly just don't see all the hype and i have watched almost all the osu games this year. he's a fairly safe bet to be productive player dont get me wrong but lets be honest here the level of opponent he has faced this year is below average and his numbers are the same below average. as much as i love the idea of having bosa opposite kruger with shelton and meder (probably the most pure strength line in the nfl) I just can't agree with not taking lynch with the first pick. Big,Smart,Athletic and rare arm talent. a little raw but much less raw than manziel when we took him. zeke will be taken after henry though. Regardless I dont think we will get either unless they fall to the second. Best case is obviously bosa with one and trade up for lynch but that is really unrealistic. maybe lynch with with 1 and zeke with 2nd if we are lucky. I mean if we fire pettine we will likely get a new coach and with that new coach we will likely get a new qb. but i like mccown and lynch for next year. though Kruger 2.0 would be cool
... (off topic but has anyone else noticed the raw power from 98 Jamie Meder? seriously always pushing people back EVERY game nearly EVERY play. Check it out on Monday )couple things....
1) Bosa is no Kruger clone. No inside technique? They put Bosa at the 5 Tech on 3-4 looks or as a DT in their Nascar packages. And only Bullrush? Bosa doesn't Bullrush much, he's got possibly the best hand skills in college football he doesn't need to bull. But of course when he does it's brutal cause the tackles always have to guard against the outside rush with him.
2) You still want to have Kruger on the Browns next year? why?
3) I like Lynch but you realize he's another development project right? With the #1 overall?....we're gonna do that again? C'mon man....
4) Our inside guys have been pretty quiet lately, not sure what you're seeing from Meder. Both him and Shelton need more work. That being said I want both of them on the team next year, preferably as 4-3 DT's right next to each other with Armonty and Bosa on the edges.
-
Johnny Manziel is history after the season ends. How many times can he be called to the principal's office without being permanently expelled? Do any other Browns' players really want to play with him? Does anyone in Berea trust him? As the 3rd string QB, he won't even be taking snaps in practice with the starters. Without a doubt, a QB has to be the first pick.
It comes down to Jared Goff (CAL) or Paxton Lynch of Memphis. I don't even think it's a close decision...it's Lynch by a landslide.
I'll write off Goff, who is a very, very good college QB (and he'd be a great pick for San Francisco) quickly just based on his recent performance and his body build. He's 6'4" and a whopping (sarcasm) 210 lbs....maybe lighter. He's got a fantastic arm, but look at film on him, those arms are skinny. I'm sure CAL has been trying to put weight on him for years. I'd worry that his frame is not going to take the beating he'll get in the NFL. Also, he sure isn't a cold-weather QB, especially with being a small-framed, thin guy. I think he'd freeze out there.
Onto Lynch....6'7" (maybe 6'6"), 245lbs. and he still isn't heavy, but much thicker than Goff....especially in the legs. He is very mobile for his size....very. He came into the program at 205lbs, I believe, and has been able to add 40lbs. of muscle. He has much more "natural" physical skills than Goff. He has a cannon arm as well and can make every NFL throw needed. I love the Memphis/Bowling Green game film; he launched a pass on a flea-flicker that was 66 yards-in-the-air, right on target. This weekend against Southern Methodist, he tied a NCAA record with 7 TD passes....in the first half.
CBSSports has Cleveland taking Lynch at #2.
Peter King of S.I. is begging the Browns to take Lynch #1,
Mel Kiper, as of Nov. 20th, before Lynch's 7 TD performance, has him as his #2 prospect.
I have read everything I can possibly find on him, back to his prep school days, and have watched highlight films of every game. If you're really into doing the research, I would urge you to do the same. the hightligh films are pretty jaw-dropping and saliva-producing. Watch him run, avoid the rush, slide around effortlessly in the pocket, and throw while rolling-out. Always cool, calm and collect. We can build a team around this kid.
Here's a Rotoworld link that's pretty good to get a summary of what what's being said about him:
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134846/paxton-lynch
The icing-on-the-cake....he's a good kid and his teammates love him!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login