Skip to content

Who would you want to coach us next year? Try to be somewhat realistic

The Browns Board
78 37 2.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

  • Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

    B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Same on McDermott.. we'd certainly get our 4-3...

    Aside: Of all the successful HCs Rivera is the biggest surprise to me. A so-so LB with a so-so position and DC history survives a close call at CAR and now with a team lacking weapons is rolling.

    I predicted (before last season) that the panthers would go 6-10 and he would be fired.. Well I was pretty damn close record-wise, but didn't count on the rest of the division sucking so bad. If they hadn't won the division I still think he would be gone..

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Mike Pettine.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Can we get Andy Moeller (sp) back after a year of banishment?

    WSS

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Mark Dantonio

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #26

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

  • How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @cuwoohio said:

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

  • @cuwoohio said:

    How about Shaw at Stanford? Has built a pretty good resume under some good coaches and as the head man himself.

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #28

    @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone killing Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone killing Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Thats a little drastic Steve don't you think?

    Yikes! Damn that speech to text. I'm starting to sound like you old pal!

    🙂

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    He's a really good coach and probably far too smart to ever wear brown and orange.

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron no matter if his college skills translate into any kind of NFL success.

    I could support someone telling Jimmy that he will need a little more control, if in fact pet does not have that control, but that's about it.

    WSS

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #31

    @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron

    Leaving a successful, secure, D1 Pac12 gig that he is happy at, for a dysfunctional, perennial losing, NFL program with a track record of firing its head coaches every couple of years would make him a fucking moron. He's far too smart for that, as I would be.

    But you on the other hand apparently...............

  • @westside-steve said:

    I would say that makes him a fucking moron

    Leaving a successful, secure, D1 Pac12 gig that he is happy at, for a dysfunctional, perennial losing, NFL program with a track record of firing its head coaches every couple of years would make him a fucking moron. He's far too smart for that, as I would be.

    But you on the other hand apparently...............

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @d-bone said:

    Leaving a successful, secure, D1 Pac12 gig that he is happy at, for a dysfunctional, perennial losing, NFL program with a track record of firing its head coaches every couple of years would make him a fucking moron. He's far too smart for that, as I would be.

    But you on the other hand apparently...............

    That's right. If I was afraid to accept a promotion because I didn't think I could do the job or I wasn't good enough that's one thing.

    WSS

  • @d-bone said:

    Leaving a successful, secure, D1 Pac12 gig that he is happy at, for a dysfunctional, perennial losing, NFL program with a track record of firing its head coaches every couple of years would make him a fucking moron. He's far too smart for that, as I would be.

    But you on the other hand apparently...............

    That's right. If I was afraid to accept a promotion because I didn't think I could do the job or I wasn't good enough that's one thing.

    WSS

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @westside-steve said:

    That's right. If I was afraid to accept a promotion because I didn't think I could do the job or I wasn't good enough that's one thing.

    WSS

    I guess we have differing definitions of the word promotion.

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's right. If I was afraid to accept a promotion because I didn't think I could do the job or I wasn't good enough that's one thing.

    WSS

    I guess we have differing definitions of the word promotion.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @d-bone said:

    I guess we have differing definitions of the word promotion.

    Could be, maybe I was too harsh. I'd say maybe if somebody's happy coaching high school or college with no desire to go to the pros whatsoever then fair enough. I think the gist of the conversation was that candidate X is looking for a professional head coach job yet wouldn't come to Cleveland. Seems to me if you have any confidence you should be able to look at this franchise and see that there is a path to success. Certainly a better chance New England Green Bay Seattle etcetera etcetera.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Stevie Wonder. A blind could may be able to coach better than what we have now.

  • S Sir Barksalot wrote on last edited by Sir Barksalot
    #36

    Stick with Pet.... not many coaches have instant success in the NFL. We just have to be a little more patient with our HC than we have proven to be in the past, but................... For the love of all that is holy FIRE THE DC !!!!!!! He has only been a DC for these two years in his coaching career and he has put out the worst run defence in the league both of them. Clearly he is not cut out for that gig...... not sure who would be good DC but that is where change has to be made with our coaches.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    ^^^^about the only guys out there that could keep Pettine as HC is Farmer or his old boss Brian Billick as GM. Billick as a Brown. Don't see it. but I bet Bellick can draft & find nfl talent.

  • B Bring Back Glass Bottles wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Meyer!

  • ConnerLangfordC ConnerLangford wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Jim Bob Cooter, the Lions OC. The Lions offense has been pretty good under him, he's an up and coming young coach who I think could work out for us

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #40