Draft Question: QBs overrated?
-
True, even if a tad axiomatic...
Importance of the position does inflate the value of prospects.
-
BUT, the QB is the engine that makes the car go. You can have shiny wheels and a killer stereo but that car aint moving without a working engine. You can get it towed to a new location but that doesn't mean you fixed the car. JRB
***************************************************
"sniff"...that's BEAUTIFUL, MAN ! I've said stuff like that before, and I've said
that the QB is the steering wheel, and the oline is the engine. The Wr's and Rb's are the wheels...
anyways, on the idea of qb's.... if I were a GM, and high a very high draft pick, top pick, top five whatever....
and I had a chance to trade down for two lower first round picks...and I need a qb....
I would serious look at trading down a bit. It's so early - but I don't care if they trade down and pick
a qb or wr or elliot....just find those guys you need to add to your team to make it go.
If that is Bosa, and it may be.... just draft the kid, go qb in the second round and hope for the best.
If that second round qb was Hogan, you might very well win the lottery, so to speak.
Just find the right players and get them where you have to get them. But at qb, I see Hogan and Cook as
being the kind of qb's that would fit with the Browns. They both have that fire I look for.
-
-
what? Goff and Paxton are now all of a sudden top 5 picks? When did that fucking happen? They were projected as mid to late 1st round at best, possibly 2nd round. Lynch is a project. We couldn't let him "sniff" the field next year or he'd never be the same. This is why I don't want a QB with the 1st pick, we always run em out before they're ready and they die horribly never to be the prospect everyone thought they would be.
Hey kid get in there and run for your life.
what? Goff and Paxton are now all of a sudden top 5 picks? When did that fucking happen? They were projected as mid to late 1st round at best, possibly 2nd round. Lynch is a project. We couldn't let him "sniff" the field next year or he'd never be the same. This is why I don't want a QB with the 1st pick, we always run em out before they're ready and they die horribly never to be the prospect everyone thought they would be.
Hey kid get in there and run for your life.
Where in the heck have you been? No offense, but I think you need to be following the game and upcoming draft a little more closely.Paxton is now considered the top QB in the draft and most mocks have us taking him at #1. Goff goes to San Francisco.
-
what? Goff and Paxton are now all of a sudden top 5 picks? When did that fucking happen? They were projected as mid to late 1st round at best, possibly 2nd round. Lynch is a project. We couldn't let him "sniff" the field next year or he'd never be the same. This is why I don't want a QB with the 1st pick, we always run em out before they're ready and they die horribly never to be the prospect everyone thought they would be.
Hey kid get in there and run for your life.
Where in the heck have you been? No offense, but I think you need to be following the game and upcoming draft a little more closely.Paxton is now considered the top QB in the draft and most mocks have us taking him at #1. Goff goes to San Francisco.
Where in the heck have you been? No offense, but I think you need to be following the game and upcoming draft a little more closely.Paxton is now considered the top QB in the draft and most mocks have us taking him at #1. Goff goes to San Francisco.
No offense, but its almost 6 months till the draft....so who's really following it closely right now?.....
Someone may have Lynch as the #1 QB.....but some dont.....and it'll change and be debated for the next 6 months.....
Ill pay attention when I know where we are picking.....and who we get(and lose) in FA.....
-
Most of the QB's in the draft have teams built for them, good o-line, awesome receivers, and bad competition. I do believe that QB's are over rated when compared to the NFL. Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, JaMarcus Russel, and Joey Harrington were great in college, put up huge numbers and won multiple games. However the NFL has given them a huge dose of reality as far as their talents go.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login