No taking a QB in the draft when we have so many issues at the line...
-
I have NO interest in taking a QB at the #1 pick this draft. We have so many other holes, that a QB wouldn't fix anything. Oh, and we're probably losing Alex Mack, Gipson (I think), and others I can't remember at this time. We can't fix the talent problem in one offseason, we know that. The thing is, we were 7-4 at one point last year and many of us thought, "Ok...we're close. We're finally close!" Oh but we're not. I never would've believed we would have the first pick in the draft after 12 games.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded Johnny to Dallas, but anyone who thinks we're getting a high pick is nutso. Johnny will start the rest of the season, but just who the hell is he throwing it to? His trade value will probably GO DOWN because he's going to get murdered. He won't have time to throw, he won't have a running game, and he won't have any elite targets. This is how you ruin a young QB in the NFL.
Who would I pick at the #1 spot? Ugh...I have no idea. Is there someone that really stands out as the top candidate? Joey Bosa fills a huge need, and he's talented...but is he #1 potential? I know I'm showing my FSU bias, but I LOVE Jalen Ramsey. He's a physical corner that can play press-man style and his physical gifts are off the chart. He's about 6'3, runs a stupid 40 time (I forget the exact time and don't want to make something up), and his vertical leap is in the 40's. But again, is a cornerback or safety worth a top pick?
What a mess. As our luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.
With so many holes to fill, taking BPA should be a no-brainer.I have NO interest in taking a QB at the #1 pick this draft. We have so many other holes, that a QB wouldn't fix anything. Oh, and we're probably losing Alex Mack, Gipson (I think), and others I can't remember at this time. We can't fix the talent problem in one offseason, we know that. The thing is, we were 7-4 at one point last year and many of us thought, "Ok...we're close. We're finally close!" Oh but we're not. I never would've believed we would have the first pick in the draft after 12 games.
It wouldn't surprise me if we traded Johnny to Dallas, but anyone who thinks we're getting a high pick is nutso. Johnny will start the rest of the season, but just who the hell is he throwing it to? His trade value will probably GO DOWN because he's going to get murdered. He won't have time to throw, he won't have a running game, and he won't have any elite targets. This is how you ruin a young QB in the NFL.
Who would I pick at the #1 spot? Ugh...I have no idea. Is there someone that really stands out as the top candidate? Joey Bosa fills a huge need, and he's talented...but is he #1 potential? I know I'm showing my FSU bias, but I LOVE Jalen Ramsey. He's a physical corner that can play press-man style and his physical gifts are off the chart. He's about 6'3, runs a stupid 40 time (I forget the exact time and don't want to make something up), and his vertical leap is in the 40's. But again, is a cornerback or safety worth a top pick?
What a mess. As our luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.
-
"Horrible coaching", "the players quit", "poor defensive scheme"...all baloney.
All cop out excuses from those that just cant bring themselves to admit the browns seriously lack talent.
And that's on Farmer...recall this GM who marginalized the importance of a stud wideout, "receivers are only involved in a few plays per game" (paraphrasing). That's just ignorant. Get him the fuck out and retain everyone else.
Last year the consensus was that all the browns needed was a QB to put them over the top. This year all 3 QB's proved competent and played well enough to win. The QB is not the problem. Its overall talent in all phases.
Cant imagine Carolina a 2-10 team this year if Pettine was their coach. Keep Pettine around and let him do the job he set out to do. That approach worked with Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati.
And those awful uniforms. These players are not worthy to wear the name "Cleveland" or "Browns" on them.
Last year the consensus was that all the browns needed was a QB to put them over the top. This year all 3 QB's proved competent and played well enough to win. The QB is not the problem. Its overall talent in all phases.
I'll be damned if that's not a cold slap in the face...
If we take a goddamn o lineman 1st overall I'm going to puke.
There is little chance that your cookies will be tossed. If we resign Mitch, then the chance falls to zero.
As our Luck would have it, there isn't that "one guy" that we know we're going to pick, or that other teams would sell their soul to have.
Fixed...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login