2016 #1 DRAFT PICK ?
-
Treadwell is a reach and a half at #1, and drafting for need. Unfortunately, there's nobody at the top that fills a position of need for us. Bosa is close, as is ramsay and maybe hargreaves, but are they worthy of a #1 pick (in our system)?
-
It's a good question, and the short answer is "no", I don't think it matters. In fact, I could argue that NOT having the #1 pick is actually somewhat better in some cases. Not as much pressure, and no need to jam a square peg in a round hole. Of course, it always depends on WHO is available in the draft, and if someone like Winston is available, then you take a guy like that instantly. This draft, however, has NOTHING like that. There is no Clowney, no Winston, or no Luck.
Bosa fits a pretty big need, but I'm not so sure he's the best all around fit for us. Doesn't he prefer to play with a hand in the dirt? Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE? I'm sure he could LEARN to be an OLB, but the last thing we need is some kind of project. If we can't trade down a bit, I say we take Laquon Treadwill.
It's a good question, and the short answer is "no", I don't think it matters. In fact, I could argue that NOT having the #1 pick is actually somewhat better in some cases. Not as much pressure, and no need to jam a square peg in a round hole. Of course, it always depends on WHO is available in the draft, and if someone like Winston is available, then you take a guy like that instantly. This draft, however, has NOTHING like that. There is no Clowney, no Winston, or no Luck.
Bosa fits a pretty big need, but I'm not so sure he's the best all around fit for us. Doesn't he prefer to play with a hand in the dirt? Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE? I'm sure he could LEARN to be an OLB, but the last thing we need is some kind of project. If we can't trade down a bit, I say we take Laquon Treadwill.
I'd love to get Treadwell in a trade down. I'd also like to get Elliot or Henry in a similar fashion. But then how do we fill our defensive needs? So many holes so few high draft choices.
-
I agree that we can probably do as well(this year) with the #3 as we would with the #1....cause there is no monster talent just sitting there as the obvious guy.....
Though....in a trade down situation.....#1 will get you more......
Personally.....Id like to trade down from #1 to bout #4-5....and still get another pick......
-
Trouble is, who's going to trade up? Who has the 'ammunition' to trade up to #1? From #6, say, it'll cost probably another first rounder, and which team will give that up for Laremy Tunsil? From #3 to #6, we can probably get a high second rounder this year, which is basically another first round pick.
-
Trouble is, who's going to trade up? Who has the 'ammunition' to trade up to #1? From #6, say, it'll cost probably another first rounder, and which team will give that up for Laremy Tunsil? From #3 to #6, we can probably get a high second rounder this year, which is basically another first round pick.
Trouble is, who's going to trade up? Who has the 'ammunition' to trade up to #1? From #6, say, it'll cost probably another first rounder, and which team will give that up for Laremy Tunsil? From #3 to #6, we can probably get a high second rounder this year, which is basically another first round pick.
Yeah....I dont know....
But, Im guessing the media will build up a few guys to "god status" by draft time and someone will want one of em.....maybe Bosa? or whatever QB becomes all the rage?..
Then we gotta just hope that some GM is dumb enough to mortgage it all.....they do it all the time.....names like RGIII, Watkins, Richardson and Williams have all drawn some pretty ridiculous prices from desperate teams....
So.....fingers crossed that Farmer(or whomever) can make lemonade in a questionable draft year....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login