Haslam Presser
-
- so I'd consider it a big name candidate.
Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....
Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....
Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......
Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....
Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....
Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......
Maybe not big name, but "hot name"
Regardless we don't get the flavor of the year guys either, except for maybe Mangini I don't remember if he was considered a hot name then or not.
-
If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.
He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.
-
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.
He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.
Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.
He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.
Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.
-
The Haslam de-Presser. The only ray of hope I see is that maybe using analytics it will help this organization get better evaluating talent and make better draft picks. Maybe Haslam will use analytics to help him select the next coach and GM. It wouldn't hurt.
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/01/04/the-cleveland-browns-analytics-and-sashi-brown/
-
If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.
-
Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.
I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.
I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.
Much more likely.
-
I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.
Much more likely.
-
Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.
He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.
Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.
Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.
I'm not even 26 yet.

-
Haha Jimmy has his wife on it. Jerrah and Dan Snyder look competent compared to this garbage.
Haha Jimmy has his wife on it. Jerrah and Dan Snyder look competent compared to this garbage.
$100 she doesn't know the difference between a field goal and a home run...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login