Skip to content

Free Agency 2016

The Browns Board
287 34 16.5k
  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

  • Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mark-o said:

    Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

  • Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mark-o said:

    Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

    I can't imagine a scenario where the Broncos let him go.

    They are drafting 31st and there is nothing out there free agency wise.

    Z

  • @mark-o said:

    Apparently Peter King said on Monday that the Browns should make a move on Osweiler or however the fuck you spell it.

    I can't imagine a scenario where the Broncos let him go.

    They are drafting 31st and there is nothing out there free agency wise.

    Z

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Zombo said:

    I can't imagine a scenario where the Broncos let him go.

    They are drafting 31st and there is nothing out there free agency wise.

    Z

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

  • Zombo said:

    I can't imagine a scenario where the Broncos let him go.

    They are drafting 31st and there is nothing out there free agency wise.

    Z

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mark-o said:

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    He will be a free agent if Von is tagged. Whether or not he hits the street or signs with Denver long-term is another question.

  • Zombo said:

    I can't imagine a scenario where the Broncos let him go.

    They are drafting 31st and there is nothing out there free agency wise.

    Z

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mark-o said:

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    I'm thinking Manning retires before FA and Brock re-signs before hitting the streets,

    Elway may look like a horse, but he's not as dumb as one.

    Z

  • @mark-o said:

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    I'm thinking Manning retires before FA and Brock re-signs before hitting the streets,

    Elway may look like a horse, but he's not as dumb as one.

    Z

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #27

    Zombo said:

    I'm thinking Manning retires before FA and Brock re-signs before hitting the streets,

    Elway may look like a horse, but he's not as dumb as one.

    Z

    I think that is right. Osweiler is probably a better choice for them than anyone. He may be better than any QB in this draft, he may be better than any QB that would be a FA. Broncos make a big push for him to stay.....he is a young veteran, knows their system, has some talent and some potential, he would have a good support system with Elway etc.

    Maybe they overpay a bit for him....but it may still be worth it for them to do so.

    He would be basically handed the starting job, which may not happen elsewhere. Well, I guess Cleveland, St. Louis and Houston would hand him the job. But in his own best interests he should stay put.

    He doesn't have to squeeze every last dollar, does he? He will be adequatetly compensated by the Broncos.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Von Miller has proven his value for a contract not a 1 year tag. Ask him. So I would tag OZ or no one. Yes you maybe overpaying him for a one year look, but Texans, Rams, Dallas, Philly, Jets, Zona, 9ers & Us would drive $$ up to 17-20 million anywho. Go ahead Elway, let him shop & you got nobody at QB. PERFECT!!

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Heard Bruce Irvin likely not being resigned in Seattle.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #30
  • @mark-o said:

    They're gonna franchise Von Miller...so techinically I think that would make Osweiler a free agent, I don't really know how the system works so maybe someone who knows better can figure that out.

    He will be a free agent if Von is tagged. Whether or not he hits the street or signs with Denver long-term is another question.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mike-h said:

    He will be a free agent if Von is tagged. Whether or not he hits the street or signs with Denver long-term is another question.

    How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

  • @mike-h said:

    He will be a free agent if Von is tagged. Whether or not he hits the street or signs with Denver long-term is another question.

    How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @logicisforsquares said:

    How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

    See above. I think he is every bit as good a prospect as anyone that will be available.

  • @mike-h said:

    He will be a free agent if Von is tagged. Whether or not he hits the street or signs with Denver long-term is another question.

    How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @logicisforsquares said:

    How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

    Curious to see Mike's take...

    Tough to equate a 4-year project at the Pro level with a thin resume with a fresh prospect.

    I would say Brock has shown signs of his floor being starter adequate with a franchise level ceiling.

    I see at least two draft prospects that meet or exceed those minimums.

  • T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    This isn't necessarily a free agent situation, but I didn't really see a need to start a new topic on a longshot. Now I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it a little odd I haven't heard more about Jimmy Graham in Seattle. I know they have some big free agents coming up this off season and with their offense taking off after Graham going down with injury, I figured I'd here at least a smidgen of a rumble concerning the Seahawks trading, restructuring, or letting Graham go.

    Don't get me wrong, I realize his value right now is much lower than it was a year ago, I doubt the Seahawks are ready to just right him off, and I don't know his contract situation in terms of dead money on the cap for any move, but with all of the speculation in the offseason, it just seems weird I haven't heard anything.

    What I do know is that I wouldn't mind having him in the brown and orange. He'd give us a red zone threat we haven't had in who knows how long and if we do go QB early, well, I doubt said QB would be upset with two big TE's to sling it to.

    Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

  • This isn't necessarily a free agent situation, but I didn't really see a need to start a new topic on a longshot. Now I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it a little odd I haven't heard more about Jimmy Graham in Seattle. I know they have some big free agents coming up this off season and with their offense taking off after Graham going down with injury, I figured I'd here at least a smidgen of a rumble concerning the Seahawks trading, restructuring, or letting Graham go.

    Don't get me wrong, I realize his value right now is much lower than it was a year ago, I doubt the Seahawks are ready to just right him off, and I don't know his contract situation in terms of dead money on the cap for any move, but with all of the speculation in the offseason, it just seems weird I haven't heard anything.

    What I do know is that I wouldn't mind having him in the brown and orange. He'd give us a red zone threat we haven't had in who knows how long and if we do go QB early, well, I doubt said QB would be upset with two big TE's to sling it to.

    Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @taco918 said:

    Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

    Because sometimes it's nice if a TE actually blocks?

    In a vertical or spread offense Graham has shown he can be a real weapon, but supposedly Hue is bringing the power game back to CLE, so I do not see the fit... and as it turned out neither could Seattle.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #36

    No on Osweiler. He's the next Matt Flynn. Yes on Graham he's a game changer.

  • No on Osweiler. He's the next Matt Flynn. Yes on Graham he's a game changer.

    andeftwA andeftw wrote on last edited by
    #37

    One Post From the Truth said:

    No on Osweiler. He's the next Matt Flynn. Yes on Graham he's a game changer.

    Flynn was drafted in the 7th round for a reason. Osweiler was taken in the second and has everything you want in a QB, plus 4 years of tutelage under Peyton Manning. He may not prove to be a franchise quarterback, but he's already shown he can be a capable starter. Flynn basically played two otherworldly games for the Packers and has stunk it up ever since he signed with the Seahawks in 2012...

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Screw it. Let's get them all.

    Jimmy Graham.

    Matt Forte.

    RG3.

    Danny Trevathan.

    Von Miller.

    Am I missing anyone else?

  • @taco918 said:

    Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

    Because sometimes it's nice if a TE actually blocks?

    In a vertical or spread offense Graham has shown he can be a real weapon, but supposedly Hue is bringing the power game back to CLE, so I do not see the fit... and as it turned out neither could Seattle.

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    Because sometimes it's nice if a TE actually blocks?

    In a vertical or spread offense Graham has shown he can be a real weapon, but supposedly Hue is bringing the power game back to CLE, so I do not see the fit... and as it turned out neither could Seattle.

    That makes sense. I'll admit I wasn't necessarily looking at it from a schematic view point, more of a please lord get us some playmakers over 6 foot.

  • Screw it. Let's get them all.

    Jimmy Graham.

    Matt Forte.

    RG3.

    Danny Trevathan.

    Von Miller.

    Am I missing anyone else?

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Screw it. Let's get them all.

    Jimmy Graham.

    Matt Forte.

    RG3.

    Danny Trevathan.

    Von Miller.

    Am I missing anyone else?

    Haha I think we could probably convince GB to trade us Aaron Rodgers. He had kind of a down year after all.