Your favorite vocalists of all time
-
Totally subjective topic. No genres.
My top 5
1. Freddy mercury
2. Ella Fitzgerald
3. Layne staley (of Alice in chains)
4. Nat King Cole
5. David Bowie
Hon mention: Brad Nowell (of sublime)
-
-
As Westside Steve Simmons is a pretty amazing vocalist himself I'd be interested in who he likes best
-
Don Henley
Jon Bon Jovi
Layne Staley
Sara Mclachan
Ozzy
-
Oh! And Jana Kramer oh goodness!
-
other names (not to disagree with the above though):
Bruce Dickinson
Dean Martin
Anthony Kiedis
Joni Mitchell
-
Hey sorry to slightly deviate from the OP, but I've broken this down into a couple categories and selected people not only on the basis of whether they are my favorites but for what I see is the actual talent, the chops, the abilities especially in the Rock category. Power, Pitch, range and control.
These are not necessarily my favorites but many are. I list them because I think they are among the best at what they do.
Among the guys who really really impress me for technical proficiency:
Eric Carmen ☆
Paul McCartney ☆
Joe Lynn Turner
Lou Gramm
Steve Perry
HM Meatloaf in his prime ☆
Crooners into which category I add expression and feel
Frank Sinatra ☆
Mel Torme
Jack Jones ☆
Lesley Gore ☆
Richard Harris ☆
HM for the sheer fact he can do so much with his voice, Al Jarreau
I added a subset of distinctive voices that aren't particularly great but they are memorable
Mick Jagger
Tom Waits
Alex Harvey
Bruce Springsteen
Alice Cooper
WSS
-
Well that's cool you can do it any way you want I just want to avoid unnecessary discussion about who fits into what category or who is better than whom
-
Each respondant has given at least one name I'm not immediately familiar with and that's great. That gives me some stuff to discover.
-
Well that's cool you can do it any way you want I just want to avoid unnecessary discussion about who fits into what category or who is better than whom
I understand. That's just a list of guys I respect for their talent and ability. I put stars beside my very favorites.Well that's cool you can do it any way you want I just want to avoid unnecessary discussion about who fits into what category or who is better than whom
WSS
-
Elvis
Freddie Mercury
Roy Orbison
Eric Carmen
Paul McCartney
Subset:
Carl Wilson
Roger Daltry
Mama Cass Elliot
Art Garfunkel
Barry Gibb
I stuck with the Rock n Roll genre...
-
Roy Orbison certainly had a killer voice
-
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
-
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
Your honest opinion is fine that's what I asked for. On another note you don't have a favorite flavor of ice cream? I like ice cream but I can't go wrong with chocolate peanut butter ribbon
-
-
-
To me, I have always felt that this is perhaps THE perfect Rock n Roll song. It has the great Roy Orbison vocals. A really top notch guitar riff, a great, short drum solo, and a perfect subject: Watching Pretty women.....and Daisy Duke counts here for that.
The only problem is that they made this song the subject of a decidedly mediocre movie with a not very pretty Julia Roberts in the title role.
But that does not take away from the song.
-
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
I guess you have to add Patsy Cline and Lou Rawls
For 'today's version' of Roy Orbison, you have to add Raul Malo of The Mavericks (can't wait to see Raul & the boys in June)
-
I really love the Mavericks!
WSS
-
I really love the Mavericks!
WSS
I really love the Mavericks!
WSS
Have you ever seen them live, Brother Steve? They are fantastic and play a long show to boot.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login