Skip to content

Cleveland Browns should send manslaughter-charged Stallworth packing

The Browns Board
27 15 2.2k
  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Ok lets over look the manslaughter charge for a sec. He played in how many games , caught how many passes for how many yards? He is useless. Lets relase him for that then.

  • Ok lets over look the manslaughter charge for a sec. He played in how many games , caught how many passes for how many yards? He is useless. Lets relase him for that then.

    T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @medicineman said:

    Ok lets over look the manslaughter charge for a sec. He played in how many games , caught how many passes for how many yards? He is useless. Lets relase him for that then.

    Agreed there. By his performance alone he shouldn't be here.

    BUT

    I do feel bad for Stallworth in this case.

    If he didn't have a drop of alcohol in his system he would have gotten off scott free because the pedestrian was at fault for running across a FREAKIN HIGHWAY, and he did it EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE for how many years? Should the cops have not popped this guy for jaywalking at some point? Around here the cops arrest you for just walking on the shoulder of a highway.

    I don't know if it was bad judgment from the lingering alcohol in his system or Mr Reyes thought "Well that looks like a nice car, bet I can sue the shit out of him when he slows down and nudges me" and guess who never did? But truth be told we weren't there and didn't know what through either one's head at the time.

    Really, how many of us here would be outraged if DS were 100% sober at the time and got jail time for hitting a jaywalker on a highway?

    Just imagine, you just woke up, got in the car, started driving to work and are still a little sluggish because last night you were out a little late celebrating a promotion and a big pay increase, you don't feel drunk and you think you're ok. You're driving down the highway and someone just runs out in front of you. You've driven this strip how many times in you life and you just assume no one in their right mind is going to run into a 4 lane or more highway with oncoming traffic. You mow the guy down if you don't slow down or still seriously injure him if you hit the breaks and now you're going to go to jail over it. How does that make you feel?

    Fine him, suspend his license, but don't send the guy to jail.

    Now if he had been hammered, swerving all over the place and hit the guy on the side of the road (not on it) or hit him at a crosswalk then yes, throw the book at him, he deserves it then.

  • @medicineman said:

    Ok lets over look the manslaughter charge for a sec. He played in how many games , caught how many passes for how many yards? He is useless. Lets relase him for that then.

    Agreed there. By his performance alone he shouldn't be here.

    BUT

    I do feel bad for Stallworth in this case.

    If he didn't have a drop of alcohol in his system he would have gotten off scott free because the pedestrian was at fault for running across a FREAKIN HIGHWAY, and he did it EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE for how many years? Should the cops have not popped this guy for jaywalking at some point? Around here the cops arrest you for just walking on the shoulder of a highway.

    I don't know if it was bad judgment from the lingering alcohol in his system or Mr Reyes thought "Well that looks like a nice car, bet I can sue the shit out of him when he slows down and nudges me" and guess who never did? But truth be told we weren't there and didn't know what through either one's head at the time.

    Really, how many of us here would be outraged if DS were 100% sober at the time and got jail time for hitting a jaywalker on a highway?

    Just imagine, you just woke up, got in the car, started driving to work and are still a little sluggish because last night you were out a little late celebrating a promotion and a big pay increase, you don't feel drunk and you think you're ok. You're driving down the highway and someone just runs out in front of you. You've driven this strip how many times in you life and you just assume no one in their right mind is going to run into a 4 lane or more highway with oncoming traffic. You mow the guy down if you don't slow down or still seriously injure him if you hit the breaks and now you're going to go to jail over it. How does that make you feel?

    Fine him, suspend his license, but don't send the guy to jail.

    Now if he had been hammered, swerving all over the place and hit the guy on the side of the road (not on it) or hit him at a crosswalk then yes, throw the book at him, he deserves it then.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tobalaz said:

    Agreed there. By his performance alone he shouldn't be here.

    BUT

    I do feel bad for Stallworth in this case.

    If he didn't have a drop of alcohol in his system he would have gotten off scott free because the pedestrian was at fault for running across a FREAKIN HIGHWAY, and he did it EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE for how many years? Should the cops have not popped this guy for jaywalking at some point? Around here the cops arrest you for just walking on the shoulder of a highway.

    I don't know if it was bad judgment from the lingering alcohol in his system or Mr Reyes thought "Well that looks like a nice car, bet I can sue the shit out of him when he slows down and nudges me" and guess who never did? But truth be told we weren't there and didn't know what through either one's head at the time.

    Really, how many of us here would be outraged if DS were 100% sober at the time and got jail time for hitting a jaywalker on a highway?

    Just imagine, you just woke up, got in the car, started driving to work and are still a little sluggish because last night you were out a little late celebrating a promotion and a big pay increase, you don't feel drunk and you think you're ok. You're driving down the highway and someone just runs out in front of you. You've driven this strip how many times in you life and you just assume no one in their right mind is going to run into a 4 lane or more highway with oncoming traffic. You mow the guy down if you don't slow down or still seriously injure him if you hit the breaks and now you're going to go to jail over it. How does that make you feel?

    Fine him, suspend his license, but don't send the guy to jail.

    Now if he had been hammered, swerving all over the place and hit the guy on the side of the road (not on it) or hit him at a crosswalk then yes, throw the book at him, he deserves it then.

    Nice to see a bastion of humanity Tobes.

    This is a terrible thing.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I really dont think Stallworth is a murder or even a douche bag. I really dont want the media to spin it that way but as I said he was a complete waste for us. How can we relase a player like Joe J who wanted to take a steep pay cut. Something is really wrong here.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #25

    Stallworth has been a horrible pick-up for us, why were we able to land him? I assume because not to many teams wanted his attitude. Not only that he had a great game against the Browns in 07.

    Stallworth has the potential to come back and win the favor of the fans back. Not to many will be able to forgive him for the dui manslaughter charge though.

    I really dont think he will be able to beat this rap, there is to much at stake, as far as dui laws are at the present time.

    For one I wouldn't of resigned him, just on his lack of performance from last season.

    Who knows what the future is for Stallworth, maybe if he does get acquitted he will have a spectacular year and lead us to the promised land. Sometimes it takes a major bump in a mans life to get him to realize that he is going down the wrong path. I wish him and his family the best and if he remains a Cleveland Brown I wish that he will have a career year and break many records. + he scores 5 touchdowns against the steelers in both games.

    I wish for a lot I know. 🙂

  • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @jadbf said:

    Once again, While I'm thinking "this moron can't be stupid enough to cross in front of me", I'M STILL BREAKING INCASE HE DOES, even as I am honking the horn and flashing my lights. Yet I've never read Donte's version that way, it's just "I flashed my lights at him". To me that shows a small part of negligence on Donte's part, which again is enough for me to have him suspended for the league for a while and making him earn his right to play again.

    I totally agree... Regardless how I or anyone try to come up with any hope for Donte, he's screwed.

    Funny thing is this morning, driving through downtown Akron, I'm on South Broadway headed towards Exchange. I'm stopped at the intersection of Broadway and Cedar due to a red light. This lady in this Kia, totally blows the red light, and hits a Metro Bus as it was making a left hand turn. I have no idea what she was thinking this morning. She had to be going 30-35 mph when she hit. The bus barley rocked on it's wheels.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #27

    To me when someone flashes thire lights it would say go head and go. Or that there is a pig up ahead