Skip to content

Game of Thrones

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
27 6 1.9k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    SEMI-SPOILER ALERTS:

    So.....I finished watching Season 5 of GOT that came out on DVD recently. And I understand Season 6 is about to begin. My question: Where the fuck are they going to take the story from here?

    They ran to the end of the stories in the books in Season 5 in respect to some characters. Jon Snow being stabbed (but maybe not killed?), Danarys riding off on her Dragon. Cersei's Walk of Shame. These were the end games of these characters in the books. The books did not depict the death of Stannis....so even Season 5 went beyond the books.

    Are they just going to go on with the story from here with these characters? With George R.R. Martin guiding them of course.

    Or do they go back and pick up story lines that have been completely left out? An entire 1000 pages regarding the fate of the Iron Islanders has been ignored. Will that be picked up? At the end of the novels, the Iron Islanders were about to invade Meereen while Dany was off on her dragon, running into the Dothraki.

    Will they tell the tale of Aegon VI and Jon Connington? He too is supposed to be the only other surviving Targaeryon who came back to Westeros after having been thought dead.

    Do they pick up the story of Catlyn Stark, who was supposed to have been brought back to life by the Red Priest, Thoros of Myr.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I believe george Martin has said the show will end the story before the books

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #3

    I had heard lady stoneheart will not be appearing

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    If all of what you say is true....then you will have the books contradicting the show. And I know he is supposed to write 2 more 1500 page novels.

    Is he going to retailor the books to fit the TV show storylines, or what?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The basic story is the same. I'm sure he'll elaborate upon it appropriately. It does not appear as though Martin is particularly motivated to complete his story.

  • The basic story is the same. I'm sure he'll elaborate upon it appropriately. It does not appear as though Martin is particularly motivated to complete his story.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The basic story is the same. I'm sure he'll elaborate upon it appropriately. It does not appear as though Martin is particularly motivated to complete his story.

    Is it? Stannis was killed in the show, not in the books, not yet anyway. That is a very basic element of the story.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #7

    They didn't show stannis dying which is suspicious since they have not shied away from gruesome deaths.

  • They didn't show stannis dying which is suspicious since they have not shied away from gruesome deaths.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    They didn't show stannis dying which is suspicious since they have not shied away from gruesome deaths.

    I said this at the time. Unless you see someone actually croaking, don't be sure. Jon Snow will almost certainly be back in some capacity. They've teased melisandre who has a special interest in him and the ability (in her religion) to bring people back from the dead, as thoros of myr has done with beric dondarrion multiple times and 'lady stoneheart' (though not shown in the tv show).

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Were you 'tittalated' by melisandre last night, gip?

  • Were you 'tittalated' by melisandre last night, gip?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Were you 'tittalated' by melisandre last night, gip?

    I am one of those guys that does not watch the show until it comes out with the DVD sets. In other words, I did not see Season 5 until just last month....only weeks before the new season started. I shouldn't do it that way, I should start watching the new season now.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I managed to stay spoiler free until watching it last night. So much going on, so many story lines progressing finally.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #12

    This post is dark and full of spoilers...

    So the worst kept secret was finally revealed and Jon Snow is back from the dead. I'm a little disappointed in the biology aspect - the guy has stab wounds and presumably holes in his lungs, and yet when he comes back to life he takes a big old breath.

     

    Anyway, he's back, the wildings have helped restore order, and pretty soon Sansa will end up there with Jon and all will be good. Right? Because that's how these things always work out in GoT...

     

    Tyrion freed the dragons, setting him up to ride one of them (in line with his hypothesised Targaryan ancestry). Ramsay killed his dad, and fed fat walder and the baby to the dogs, so is now technically Lord Bolton of Winterfell. I have no idea what's going on there, with the Karstarks as well, but it's interesting. And maybe we'll find out what Bran is doing...but probably not.

    What you talking about Hodor?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Hold the door

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Hold that god damn door.

    59564677.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I'm enjoying this show less and less. They travel from one character to the next too often just to drag the series on.

  • Hold that god damn door.

    59564677.jpg

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @gftchris said:

    Hold that god damn door.

    59564677.jpg

    13238963_1113748188686926_70836517077984

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Saw that. Brilliant.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Was glad to see that sadistic fucker get eaten by his dogs.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #19

    That episode. Spectacular.

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Just finished the newest episode, and all I can say is:

    Cersei...holy fuck:

    toasty-o.gif

    4072292.jpg