Skip to content

The Jets want to trade..... for McCown?!?

The Browns Board
123 31 4.1k
  • @tour2ma said:

    How so? Anytime a QB goes somewhere other than NYJ I'd think it helps Fitz...

    Fiitz won't have any leverage. When Only one team wants you they name the price I reckon.
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #81

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Fiitz won't have any leverage. When Only one team wants you they name the price I reckon.

    And when only one vet QB is left for that team to choose from?

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    None of those things made you say stupid shit like muggle or quidditch. Or Ron Weasley.

    Jar Jar Binks. I rest my case. 😛

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @the-gipper said:

    Jar Jar Binks. I rest my case. 😛

    Can't argue with that

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Fiitz won't have any leverage. When Only one team wants you they name the price I reckon.

    And when only one vet QB is left for that team to choose from?

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @tour2ma said:

    And when only one vet QB is left for that team to choose from?

    Dude if I ever need someone to get me more money I won't call ya. 🙂
  • Typical Browns move lets get rid of a solid qb that bridge the gap between now and finding a real franchise qb and well will replace him with a washed up piece of shit and a shitty rookie and limp along for another 5 years or until the coach is fired the Browns are the poorest ran organization I have ever seen they are a joke and a laughing stock the people in the front office changed but the Philosophy is the same make sure they lose

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @babernakle said:

    Typical Browns move lets get rid of a solid qb that bridge the gap between now and finding a real franchise qb and well will replace him with a washed up piece of shit and a shitty rookie and limp along for another 5 years or until the coach is fired the Browns are the poorest ran organization I have ever seen they are a joke and a laughing stock the people in the front office changed but the Philosophy is the same make sure they lose

    there won't be another 5 yrs....there will be no more cleveland browns if what you say happens, and it could...they won't be. around...maybe in saint louis...

  • I also think mccown would be a better mentor - just because of how old and experienced he is vs RG3.

    I have a hard time seeing the #1 QB prospect, RG3, and McCown on the same roster. I'd have to think RG3 is looking for a situation where he'd eventually have a chance to be the guy.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @bbedward said:

    I also think mccown would be a better mentor - just because of how old and experienced he is vs RG3.

    I have a hard time seeing the #1 QB prospect, RG3, and McCown on the same roster. I'd have to think RG3 is looking for a situation where he'd eventually have a chance to be the guy.

    he will be the guy with his 3rd knee surgery...that is all i see.... stupid move picking this guy up...oh wait, we did pick up no knees mcgehee. a few yrs ag..what did he have...6 billion knee injuries...took him 7 seconds just to get to the los....then wham....he picks up his nice fat check for getting his ass to the los and falling down....

  • K KillerInstinct3 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    McCown to Denver looks like it's going to happen.

    Fitzpatrick wants 16mil a year. Hahaha. What a joke

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #87

    Hoyer is out in Houston. Could be competition for McCown for Denver or Jets.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25535370/report-brian-hoyer-and-the-houston-texans-are-headed-for-a-divorce?linkId=22855320

    Between Fitzpatrick and Kap, there are two starting QBs out there and three cities ... San Fran, Denver, NY Jets.

    So it could be McCown or Hoyer in the other city, acquired for a 7th rounder or something.

    But I could see Fitz landing in Denver, Kap traded to jets, and Chip just going with what he has (Gabbert) and the draft, leaving these guys (McCown and Hoyer) to just get cut.

    I would like to see us get a pick for McCown though, I'm not sure it will happen.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Did the DATs already cut Weeden?

    OK, I see that they did. See this list for QBs still out there, including Weeden:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2016&position=8&type=-1

    One name missing though that should be on there: JFF.

  • S sdballis wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Also the option of holding onto McCown until preseason gets going, banking on another team's QB getting injured and a team all of a sudden having a need. I think McCown has demonstrated he knows this is a business and would ride along and keep quiet, even with knowing we're just using him as a pawn. Also, pretty cheap extra QB coach for RG3 and Goff/Wentz if that happens to be the case.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

  • McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @gumby73 said:

    McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

  • @gumby73 said:

    McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @tour2ma said:

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    I just don't see the benefit in cutting him or trading him for nothing.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    I just don't see the benefit in cutting him or trading him for nothing.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @westside-steve said:

    I just don't see the benefit in cutting him or trading him for nothing.

    WSS

    I understand... the problem is he brings very little value to our 2016 roster.

    Remember the trend has been to carry only 2 QBs on the active roster. Was true here and in Cinci the past couple years... I think...

  • @gumby73 said:

    McCown for a 7th round pick in THIS draft. F John Elway. Keep him in-between the RGknee & The Future..

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @tour2ma said:

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    It's like kicking 2 Dead Horses. JT says "FO knows not to trade me" & Joe "I don't feel right leaving a contract" 😳. Hope JT stays & maybe trade dead line to a winner. JT may give in. McCown is the best damn plan for the money to keep the future kid growing in the new system quickly. After Hue & Asst. Coaches get's more on their plate with Team & RG3 re-schooling. I just don't see our future getting any help anywhere. Understand the roster spot & PS guy would be a better option but if I see 5 TE's again on this roster, I may lose it.. 🥷

  • @tour2ma said:

    Always could use McC to round out a Joe Thomas trade...

    It's like kicking 2 Dead Horses. JT says "FO knows not to trade me" & Joe "I don't feel right leaving a contract" 😳. Hope JT stays & maybe trade dead line to a winner. JT may give in. McCown is the best damn plan for the money to keep the future kid growing in the new system quickly. After Hue & Asst. Coaches get's more on their plate with Team & RG3 re-schooling. I just don't see our future getting any help anywhere. Understand the roster spot & PS guy would be a better option but if I see 5 TE's again on this roster, I may lose it.. 🥷

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @gumby73 said:

    ... but if I see 5 TE's again on this roster, I may lose it.. 🥷

    lol... certainly not when 3 or more are on the PS...

    I'm not trying to push Joe out the door, but for good value... to a winner, I would move him. If McC could be a piece of that, then so be it...

  • @westside-steve said:

    I just don't see the benefit in cutting him or trading him for nothing.

    WSS

    I understand... the problem is he brings very little value to our 2016 roster.

    Remember the trend has been to carry only 2 QBs on the active roster. Was true here and in Cinci the past couple years... I think...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #96

    @tour2ma said:

    I understand... the problem is he brings very little value to our 2016 roster.

    Remember the trend has been to carry only 2 QBs on the active roster. Was true here and in Cinci the past couple years... I think...

    Assumedly our old staff is out of a job and Jackson no longer works for Marv Lewis for a reason.

    Change.

    And there are plenty of guys at the bottom of the 53 that bring nothing to the table.

    And unless RG3 is now more resilient a capable vet will be useful.

    WSS

  • Did the DATs already cut Weeden?

    OK, I see that they did. See this list for QBs still out there, including Weeden:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2016&position=8&type=-1

    One name missing though that should be on there: JFF.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @the-gipper said:

    Did the DATs already cut Weeden?

    OK, I see that they did. See this list for QBs still out there, including Weeden:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2016&position=8&type=-1

    One name missing though that should be on there: JFF.

    They didn't give out any "F" grades Gip. 🙂

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #98

    VesnaKociper said:

    Here we go again with this stupid fucking MENTOR shit.

    Who the fuck has Josh Mah-Clown mentored? What the fuck exactly does a QB who never won a fucking thing have to teach a young, impressionalbe QB? WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

    Ah, I get it, so he could pick up the habits of a fucking loser and HIMSELF become one.

    You guys really are a bunch of mouth breathing, limp-dick, Neaderthal morons who are like those battery powered toys that forever bang into the wall, turn, bang into another, repeat, and never do a fucking thing. NO WAIT........... you dumb mother fuckers are even worse............. the battery operated toys are ownership and management............... You stupid ass dildo suckers are the simpletons who buy those things and sit around all fucking day long looking at them.

    Someone on sports TV spreads his ass cheeks as simply for the sake of filling up air time, invents the concept of QB mentoring, and you idiots spend the rest of your life parroting the same shit............ Analytics, Analytics..... Mechanics,,,, Mechanics,,,,,,, We need more fat ass OL........... and of course, this fucking idiotic MENTORING bullshit

    Hey, I know, let's get fucking Whoopie Tarkenton Goldberg to Mentor Selena Gomez on how to be a sexy woman?

    No, No, Wait................ Let's get Barney fucking Fife to Mentor all our Military men...........................

    Oh, I have a better one.....Let's get Mister Fucking Haney to run the Federal Reserve

    How fucking stupid are you people? Mah-Clown is a fucking loser. Maybe he can teach our new QB who to get a concussion or shoulder separation? Fucking idiots.

    You're going to take the #1 or #1 QB prospect and let some loser fucking teach him?

    Jesus, Joseph and Mary you people get dumber, and dumber with every post.

    Hey, let's let the #2 rated Black Fran Tarkenton teach Wenz how to run around like a chicken with no head until some DE comes in and blasts the mother fuck out of him? Yeah............... now yer talkin...............

    Funny shit , Ghoullie.. lmfaoo!

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #99

    VesnaKociper said:

    Here we go again with this stupid fucking MENTOR shit.

    Who the fuck has Josh Mah-Clown mentored? What the fuck exactly does a QB who never won a fucking thing have to teach a young, impressionalbe QB? WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

    Ah, I get it, so he could pick up the habits of a fucking loser and HIMSELF become one.

    You guys really are a bunch of mouth breathing, limp-dick, Neaderthal morons who are like those battery powered toys that forever bang into the wall, turn, bang into another, repeat, and never do a fucking thing. NO WAIT........... you dumb mother fuckers are even worse............. the battery operated toys are ownership and management............... You stupid ass dildo suckers are the simpletons who buy those things and sit around all fucking day long looking at them.

    Someone on sports TV spreads his ass cheeks as simply for the sake of filling up air time, invents the concept of QB mentoring, and you idiots spend the rest of your life parroting the same shit............ Analytics, Analytics..... Mechanics,,,, Mechanics,,,,,,, We need more fat ass OL........... and of course, this fucking idiotic MENTORING bullshit

    Hey, I know, let's get fucking Whoopie Tarkenton Goldberg to Mentor Selena Gomez on how to be a sexy woman?

    No, No, Wait................ Let's get Barney fucking Fife to Mentor all our Military men...........................

    Oh, I have a better one.....Let's get Mister Fucking Haney to run the Federal Reserve

    How fucking stupid are you people? Mah-Clown is a fucking loser. Maybe he can teach our new QB who to get a concussion or shoulder separation? Fucking idiots.

    You're going to take the #1 or #1 QB prospect and let some loser fucking teach him?

    Jesus, Joseph and Mary you people get dumber, and dumber with every post.

    Hey, let's let the #2 rated Black Fran Tarkenton teach Wenz how to run around like a chicken with no head until some DE comes in and blasts the mother fuck out of him? Yeah............... now yer talkin...............

    You should thank your care taker for giving you enough computer time to type that all out.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Here we go again with this stupid fucking MENTOR shit.

    Who the fuck has Josh Mah-Clown mentored? What the fuck exactly does a QB who never won a fucking thing have to teach a young, impressionalbe QB? WHy the fuck would you want a loser, a guy who has never won a fucking thing polluting your rookie QB?

    Ah, I get it, so he could pick up the habits of a fucking loser and HIMSELF become one.

    You guys really are a bunch of mouth breathing, limp-dick, Neaderthal morons who are like those battery powered toys that forever bang into the wall, turn, bang into another, repeat, and never do a fucking thing. NO WAIT........... you dumb mother fuckers are even worse............. the battery operated toys are ownership and management............... You stupid ass dildo suckers are the simpletons who buy those things and sit around all fucking day long looking at them.

    Someone on sports TV spreads his ass cheeks as simply for the sake of filling up air time, invents the concept of QB mentoring, and you idiots spend the rest of your life parroting the same shit............ Analytics, Analytics..... Mechanics,,,, Mechanics,,,,,,, We need more fat ass OL........... and of course, this fucking idiotic MENTORING bullshit

    Hey, I know, let's get fucking Whoopie Tarkenton Goldberg to Mentor Selena Gomez on how to be a sexy woman?

    No, No, Wait................ Let's get Barney fucking Fife to Mentor all our Military men...........................

    Oh, I have a better one.....Let's get Mister Fucking Haney to run the Federal Reserve

    How fucking stupid are you people? Mah-Clown is a fucking loser. Maybe he can teach our new QB who to get a concussion or shoulder separation? Fucking idiots.

    You're going to take the #1 or #1 QB prospect and let some loser fucking teach him?

    Jesus, Joseph and Mary you people get dumber, and dumber with every post.

    Hey, let's let the #2 rated Black Fran Tarkenton teach Wenz how to run around like a chicken with no head until some DE comes in and blasts the mother fuck out of him? Yeah............... now yer talkin...............

    You should thank your care taker for giving you enough computer time to type that all out.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You should thank your care taker for giving you enough computer time to type that all out.

    Talk to text