Skip to content

Prince... Dead at the age of 57...

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
29 12 1.0k
  • I'd be more surprised if it were an overdose. He surely didn't seem like a heroin guy.

  • I'd be more surprised if it were an overdose. He surely didn't seem like a heroin guy.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd be more surprised if it were an overdose. He surely didn't seem like a heroin guy.

    Except I had heard that he had suffered some type of hip or leg injury...and he was treating it with opiate pain killers, and those may have gotten ahold of him and did him in. Autopsy being done today I believe.

  • A great loss to the music community at large and fans alike. No matter what your style is and what not. You have to respect the body of work that is evident. Prince kicked ass. He definitly had his own sound RIP.

  • Don't have to be rich to be my girl.

    Don't have to be cool to rule my world.

    Seriously, everyone I grew up with is starting to die. Whats worse, I don't see the next generation of talent behind these greats.

    If they're somewhere to be found, its buried a mile deep under the trash that has become mainstream music.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Whats worse, I don't see the next generation of talent behind these greats.

    If they're somewhere to be found, its buried a mile deep under the trash that has become mainstream music.

    Well said Tia, "Maybe they just like their mother. They never satisfied." RIP Prince..

  • Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

    When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

  • Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

    When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

    When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

    [/quot.

    I hate Floyd Rose systems.. Leo Fender got it right the first time.. its all about setup man.

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Prince was a gifted musician that worked hard at his goals. He thot outside of the box but stayed true to his styles. Remember when it was "do you like Michael Jackson or Prince?" too bad they're both gone now.

    When Prince changed his name to a symbol is when I lost interest of him. Although I didn't care for the shape of the guitar at that time the Floyd Rose full mount system was awesome on it.

    [/quot.

    I hate Floyd Rose systems.. Leo Fender got it right the first time.. its all about setup man.

    @nickers said:

    I hate Floyd Rose systems.. Leo Fender got it right the first time.. its all about setup man.

    I like them Kaylaher made a good one as well. When I wasa kid I bought a Kramer with a FR. The guy at the music store had me scared to death to change my strings, turns out I could do it myself just fine. As I got older I didn't care so much about tremolo systems; just an expensive phase I guess.
  • Kahler trems are good, A good OFR can't be beat. 😎