Mike Pettine Interview
-
Watt was projected as a 4-3 guy?
You really need to start thinking about shedding the 4-3 3-4 labels in the classic sense many of you toss around.
That said, I seem to remember through a drunken haze that our front office said Johnny was the #1 guy on their board at the QB spot. Now they're saying he was not the number one player on their board at the time.
Like many of us know, Johnny was Haslam's pick. I hope that one year of increased season ticket sales was worth it, jackass. I wanted Roby, Carr, Filo, Hyde... ANYONE but Manziel when we got to 22.
Like many of us know, Johnny was Haslam's pick. I hope that one year of increased season ticket sales was worth it, jackass. I wanted Roby, Carr, Filo, Hyde... ANYONE but Manziel when we got to 22.
That's pretty much plain as mud now. I hope Jimmuh has learned his lesson to not take advice from homeless guys, and Sashi told him as the owner, he can still sit in the War Room- but we're going to duct tape your mouth.
-
Watt was projected as a 4-3 guy?
yeah...which if I remember correctly was our FO's reasoning why we didn't take him even though we were running a 3-4 just like Houston. Then he goes on to become one of the best defensive lineman in the history of the sport. A "zero" baggage guy to boot. At the time I was thinking why not change to more 4-3 for a guy like that. I'm not gonna say I anticpated what he ended up becoming but everyone knew he would be a very very good DE....so if a guy like that comes out I would like to see a team that can make adjustments to that kind of talent in order to utilize them. Kind of like what we're going through now, oh we can't take Bosa cause he can't be a 3-4 OLB'er. Well he can you just have to make him a strict jack and not expect him to go out into deep man coverage like Pettine had Kruger and Monty doing last year.
-
Like many of us know, Johnny was Haslam's pick. I hope that one year of increased season ticket sales was worth it, jackass. I wanted Roby, Carr, Filo, Hyde... ANYONE but Manziel when we got to 22.
That's pretty much plain as mud now. I hope Jimmuh has learned his lesson to not take advice from homeless guys, and Sashi told him as the owner, he can still sit in the War Room- but we're going to duct tape your mouth.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login