Skip to content

Kessler

The Browns Board
237 51 10.2k
  • After watching the press conference of those five guys, I have to say, Kessler really impressed me. You can see his leadership ability right off the bat, fielding 'general' questions and talking for the whole group. He may not end up be the starter any time soon, if at all, but he's certainly a good guy to have in the locker room, and won't let us down in a spot start.

  • I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 40 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 40 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

    @cambridgeho said:

    If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 4 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

    You're a yard shy.... 😉

    Nice first impression by all of our first five picks.

    I disagree on Nassib. Struck me as an all-business kind of guy... not unlike a rookie JJ Watt. And I will try not to nauseate everyone with that premature comparison.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    13131340_10154231290039684_5455113043969

    great. we drafted a world party. 3 burnt match sticks with eyes, an arab and a jew. don't know if they'll put asses in the seats but the cafeteria will smell like holy hell cooking up lamb jowels and matzah ball soup each day.

    "get your lamb jowel stew HERE!" how will they serve it? with or without explosives?

  • Oh... and as for Kessler.

    Again, no issue with the pick of the player, it's where he was taken. But that's in the category of a personal problem. I've already begun the process of adjusting to the fact that with this FO we are going to see names:

    • we either never heard of... or
    • never expected taken so early... or
    • both...

    for as long as this FO is here.

    May their reign be long because it would mean that they are doing their jobs well.

  • I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

  • I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

    @tampadawgs said:

    I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

    WOW a positive fan......we should have you stuffed and preserved 🙂

  • I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    Which means, if Cincinnati is an example, his offense doesn't really need a Peyton Manning.

    WSS

  • Re:Kessler. I've given my impressions of him.

    That said, in an offense similar to Hue's the only way to keep from having safeties consistently attack forward is having a QB able to take those 5 & 7 step drops, then push the ball downfield.

    I do trust Hue and his ability to coach and lead young men. However coaching and identifying talent do not necessarily go hand in hand.

    Kessler is not what Dalton, RG3 or even Campbell were. This is unless of course Hue beleives he'll be able to get more mustard on Cody's throws via conditioning, release/throwing motion and improved footwork.

  • Oh... and as for Kessler.

    Again, no issue with the pick of the player, it's where he was taken. But that's in the category of a personal problem. I've already begun the process of adjusting to the fact that with this FO we are going to see names:

    • we either never heard of... or
    • never expected taken so early... or
    • both...

    for as long as this FO is here.

    May their reign be long because it would mean that they are doing their jobs well.

    @tour2ma said:

    Oh... and as for Kessler.

    Again, no issue with the pick of the player, it's where he was taken. But that's in the category of a personal problem. I've already begun the process of adjusting to the fact that with this FO we are going to see names:

    • we either never heard of... or
    • never expected taken so early... or
    • both...

    for as long as this FO is here.

    May their reign be long because it would mean that they are doing their jobs well.

    respect your opinion as usual but when Hack in a bag went to Jets in middle of 2nd the cat(Hack) was out of the bag. Pro style guy all along was going to be Hue's guy & not Cook. At least they decided to take Nassib at top of 3rd knowing they had found a trading partner in Carolina & Hue still got his man going down as far as possible imo. Of course it's always easier to put the blame on other moves but that's my story & am sticking to it. Make me feel a little better about it 😕

  • Fun fact for everyone. Kess was born, raised and played HS football 50 miles north of me, and he played his college ball 60 miles south of me. So to me, he certainly is a local boy............

    .......... That being said, my screen name will not change, nor will my avatar and if he can't play in the NFL, I'll be among the first to say so. I'm rooting for the kid for sure and am excited to see what Hue can help him turn into. Time will tell if he's the next Connor Shaw, the next Rick Mirer or the next Joe Montana (damn Joe sure had a weak arm).

    One thing I do know for sure is, with what's between his ears and beating in his chest, he won't be the next Johnny Drunkball.

  • i was admittedly enamored with seeing Lynch throw a 70 yard pass, was the longest pass i've ever seen from someone not named Carson Palmer.

    Kessler may only throw about 40 yards, but [from his highlights at least] he does so with incredible accuracy. i now see the merits of pairing an accurate passer with an agile and quick 4.35 40 running receiver that can juke you out of your reeboks on any given play.

    on paper, it appears we are gonna see CC take it to the house on a regular basis.

    you don't need to have the ability to throw the rock 50 yards if you have good field vision, playbook knowledge, and a receiver [or two] with great hands that can get consistent separation and yards after the catch.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    He's a third round qb. Only in cleveland do we think a third round qb was picked to be a franchise savior.

    Unless it's Brian Hoyer or worse yet Connor Shaw or frankly anybody that's not currently starting.

    😉

    WSS

    (but they weren't even third round)

    @westside-steve said:

    Unless it's Brian Hoyer or worse yet Connor Shaw or frankly anybody that's not currently starting.

    😉

    WSS

    (but they weren't even third round)

    Austin Davis?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Unless it's Brian Hoyer or worse yet Connor Shaw or frankly anybody that's not currently starting.

    😉

    WSS

    (but they weren't even third round)

    Austin Davis?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Austin Davis?

    Yeah but people were drooling over the other two guys more than they were Davis.

    WSS

  • Brady was rated high coming into the draft

  • After watching the press conference of those five guys, I have to say, Kessler really impressed me. You can see his leadership ability right off the bat, fielding 'general' questions and talking for the whole group. He may not end up be the starter any time soon, if at all, but he's certainly a good guy to have in the locker room, and won't let us down in a spot start.

    @gftchris said:

    After watching the press conference of those five guys, I have to say, Kessler really impressed me. You can see his leadership ability right off the bat, fielding 'general' questions and talking for the whole group. He may not end up be the starter any time soon, if at all, but he's certainly a good guy to have in the locker room, and won't let us down in a spot start.

    Good post. I'll give it a chance at least we didn't drft him in the first day. With all of the available qb's Hue has to know something about him. It's a rebuilding process so....
  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I agree adoug but I doubt hue will throw kessler to the wolves this year. Rg3 is here to soak up the punishment and will basically be sacrificed to give hue's guy time to develop. Both griffin and mccown are expendable. I think the fans will end up baying for hue's blood by the end of this season because they're dumb but he's gonna stick to his guns and develop his guy and in the end I think kessler might be pretty decent. Not Peyton Manning by any stretch but pretty decent

    If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 40 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

    @cambridgeho said:

    If he is Chad Pennington good, I will take it. We dont need to throw the ball down the field 40 yards every play. We now have wr's who can catch a 5 yr out and take it to the house.

    More Brian Sipe....which is even better. West Coast kid come to the North Coast.

  • I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be. So we added almost 19 new players from FA and draft and will more than likely have 2 top 10 picks next year. They blew it, and now rebuilding from the bottom.Unlike years past where they kept putting band aids on everything, and listening to the fans on Bullshit players everyone wanted. They had a plan and stuck to it!!!!! I do not know if this plan will work, but nothing else has. So Great Job Browns

    @tampadawgs said:

    I really really hope Kessler becomes a pro bowl QB, just so I can watch everyone on this board say see I knew he was going to be good....GOD people on here just hammer everything the Browns do. I get it we have sucked for a long time. They piss me off just as much as the next guy, but come on. I do not know alot about Kessler. All I know is HUE is great with QBs so RG3 and all our Qbs will be better for it. AS for the Draft, I thought it was great draft for the Browns 14 picks- ALL POWER 5 CONFERENCE PICKS.

    We will be drafting in the top 10 next yr again, plus how good will Philly and Tenn really be.

    TEN looks like they might be pretty damn good...

    Philly? Not so much... plus in a toughening Division.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    Kessler may only throw about 40 yards, but [from his highlights at least] he does so with incredible accuracy.

    Up to 20 yds anyway... based on stats.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    It wouldn't surprise me if he was their second QB to Goff.

    His arm looks a bit better than advertised, but still not a plus. His eyes look good however and he seems to have strong presence in the pocket. I'm particularly impressed with some of the throws he makes with the defender right in his face.

    There are some who seem to enjoy pissing on this team and will look at everything in a negative light. There's nothing wrong with that; the Browns have earned the cynicism. But I still find myself doing the opposite. I didn't like this pick initially, it the more research I do, the more that opinion changes. Kessler looks like the kind of QB that could excel under Jackson.

    I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...

    Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...

    Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...

    @tour2ma said:

    I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...

    Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...

    Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...

    my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?

    think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I could care less that Hue wanted a QB I did not...

    Problem I have is that I can't find better than a 6th round grade on him... and we have two, R5 Comp's waiting for action. Maybe they are so high on him that those comps would be too risky... fine. We have a 5th at 141... or a R4 Comp. But a late 3rd? Not feeling that at all...

    Their is a difference between bitching and critiquing you know...

    my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?

    think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    my view is he was most likely their BPA and top of their board>>they could have taken him at 77. instead they gambled and waited, and 16 spots later he was still there and they pulled the trigger. sure they could have waited and tempted fate even more but when your [most likely top rated] guy is there, don't you take him?

    think of the alternative: potentially missing on your guy because you were greedy...when you still had 8 more picks. Hue knows his plans for this team, what scheme he wants to employ, and what players he needs to fill those roles. obviously, we do not.

    Yup... as I think I wrote in my musings... I am getting there... just not quite there yet. Lingering attachment to "my board"...