Skip to content

NFL Post on Browns, Broncos and Quinn

The Browns Board
27 13 1.7k
  • I think all this evaluating of a guy that has played a couple games in the NFL is beyond rediculous....It's just amazing to me!

    I have no particular love for Quinn and as an OSU fan I absolutely hate ND......But you have to be freaking kidding me with this stuff!! Look how many great Qb's could've been thrown away if you decided their fate after Two games?

    I'm sorry, but for anyone to make the conclusion that the guy isn't going to be a solid NFL QB after two or three games is simply trying to find fault with him.

    If you are finding fault with him then you are simply a biased jackass with nothing better to do than hate on someone that you don't like for whatever reason your shallow mind can come up with.

    Even the statement in the title thread which claims that the Cleveland fans have huge expectations and that alone can burden a franchise is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. You draft him, pay him and play him for awhile to see what happens....Where is this huge burden? It's actually rather simple. It's not rocket science Tony. Well, for Tony it might as well be.

    Trivasonno is right...Grossi is the biggest dumbass in the Cleveland media.

    This team has invested years and millions on this kid and we should listen to a guy like Tony Grossi? I'm ROTFL!!!!

    I think I'll only refer to Grossi as "Tony the Crystal ball" from now on.

  • I think all this evaluating of a guy that has played a couple games in the NFL is beyond rediculous....It's just amazing to me!

    I have no particular love for Quinn and as an OSU fan I absolutely hate ND......But you have to be freaking kidding me with this stuff!! Look how many great Qb's could've been thrown away if you decided their fate after Two games?

    I'm sorry, but for anyone to make the conclusion that the guy isn't going to be a solid NFL QB after two or three games is simply trying to find fault with him.

    If you are finding fault with him then you are simply a biased jackass with nothing better to do than hate on someone that you don't like for whatever reason your shallow mind can come up with.

    Even the statement in the title thread which claims that the Cleveland fans have huge expectations and that alone can burden a franchise is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. You draft him, pay him and play him for awhile to see what happens....Where is this huge burden? It's actually rather simple. It's not rocket science Tony. Well, for Tony it might as well be.

    Trivasonno is right...Grossi is the biggest dumbass in the Cleveland media.

    This team has invested years and millions on this kid and we should listen to a guy like Tony Grossi? I'm ROTFL!!!!

    I think I'll only refer to Grossi as "Tony the Crystal ball" from now on.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Trivasonno is right...Grossi is the biggest dumbass in the Cleveland media.

    This team has invested years and millions on this kid and we should listen to a guy like Tony Grossi? I'm ROTFL!!!!

    I think I'll only refer to Grossi as "Tony the Crystal ball" from now on.

    Not sure anyone would disagree with you on Grossi. If you'd read the post, however, you'd see that it was a comment from an NFL Post writer responding to Grossi's article and stating that Grossi was likely jumping to some faulty conclusions when he speculated that Quinn for #18 from the Broncos is a match made in heaven. The evaluations of Quinn are not Grossi's -- they are the well-documented reasons for Quinn's slide to #22 on draft day.

    And is there a bigger dumb ass than Trivassono himself? Hello pot, meet kettle.

  • I don't think you know what BQ is going to be. But, because he has not been given a chance to prove it on the field does not make him untouchable either. If you could get good value for him you trade him. I see allot of people saying DA got his chance not because he beat out Frye but because Frye sucked. Well BQ did not beat out DA, he is getting his shot for the same reason.

    Because somebody does not think BQ is the answer does not mean that they think DA is. I fully support DA but he is done in cleveland. He needs to go to have any real shot at future success. But, I am not sold on BQ either. If he is on the team this year then he should and will start. But if the right offer is made then you pull the trigger and trade him. This is not Baltimore, the defense is not going to win the game (yet). You are going to have to have a offense that can outscore some opponents.

    And if we are going to compare DA and BQ this will be a good year for it. Has started 3 games, is 24 and has a new offense and coaching staff to deal with. Real familiar to DA. Also has BE coming off a not so great year, another similarity. So I expect to see BQ put up 3800 yards, 29tds, hopefully less than 19 ints and to win 10 games. And to have a few receivers have career years. Since BQ is supposed to be better than DA I also expect him to improve as the year goes along and to not regress when the defenses game plan for him. I think that will be fair to ask for this yea

  • Im a browns fan first and foremost but there is no improving the qb situation this year whomever starts is going to have a rough go of it period..

    When it comes to bq im a little bit of a homer but ultimately im for the browns winning rather with bq as the starter or sanchez is irrelevent as long as its not DA..

    As a ND as well as an OSU fan ive seen most of bqs games over the years and i think he gets a bum wrap however he does have some issues as does all qbs coming out of college ball to the pros..

    Quinn is a natural leader and can be very accurate in the short game and medium game..it is true he is inconsistant with the longball just like DA at ND he often made the wideouts work for the catch often under pressure but like DA quinn can also land some nice bombs in ways DA couldnt dream of like while backpeddling..

    DA has to be planted to deliver a strike accurately or not period..BQ can deliver a deep strike on the move,backpeddling and even with only one foot planted..he has an arc to his deep ball unlike DA who just fires an incredible lazer shot as long as he has his feet planted with adequate protection otherwise it ussually gets picked..

    If mankok starts bq,sanchez or stafford he still has honeymoon mode if he decides to go with DA or any retread honeymoon is over..gotta allow time for rookies and bench rookies that have been screwed but i cant tolorate wasted time on a vet that wont be around next year when the time could have been spent evaluating new talent instead of wasting time with someone elses leftovers..

  • @jadbf said:

    I don't disagree with a lot of what you say here Cmac with one exception, your expectations of BQ MIGHT be a bit high only because the strength of schedule we will face this year is much harder than the one DA faced in 2007.

    You could argue if it's a harder schedule all day long. But it can't be "Much harder".

    It will be basically set up the same way due the the NFL scheduling formula. This years shedule is also packed with last place and next to last place teams.

    LIONS

    CHIEFS

    BRONCOS

    BILLS

    JAGS

    RAIDERS

    BENGALS twice.

    Right there is 8 winnable games.

  • @inspecta said:

    Wow, you're only giving BQ 8 games to prove his worth? That's a pretty tall order considering that EM is getting rid of every offensive weapon we had and filing it the David Pattens of the world.

    Are you responding to my post?

    If so, I'm not implying that at all....not sure why you think I am.

  • @inspecta said:

    No I was replying to JADBF...

    Gotcha 😉