Skip to content

Answer to our QB problems

The Browns Board
22 13 1.3k
  • Zombo said:

    Researched it.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312080nwe.htm

    He walked off the field with a 26-14 lead with 2:39 to go.

    29-44, 391 Yards, 3 Tds, 0 Int.

    And lost without touching the ball again.

    Zombo

    --Believeland

    I remember that game. We got screwed by a shitty PI call. I mean, it's Leon McFadden versus the Pats, Tom Brady against a no name DB who's out of the league now, was there ever any doubt he'd be attacked and either give up the reception or a penalty?

    @gftchris said:

    I remember that game. We got screwed by a shitty PI call. I mean, it's Leon McFadden versus the Pats, Tom Brady against a no name DB who's out of the league now, was there ever any doubt he'd be attacked and either give up the reception or a penalty?

    It was the onside kick that the Browns failed to recover that blew it for us.

  • @westside-steve said:

    You never seem like a bad guy but I think his quality quarterbacking days are behind him.

    WSS

    Judge Mike Weigand and I had a conversation one time about people that appeared in front of him in court.

    He said Very few people (in this case: NFL players) are really "Bad Guys"....There are exceptions (in the case of the NFL like Lawrence Phillips or Rae Carruth.)

    More people can be categorized in esoteric legal terminology ....Fuckups. They are not really bad, they just can't get their act together to do things right. (I would say John P. Manziel fits in this category. Josh Gordon as well.)

    Other people are good that just had like one bad thing happen to them and are not likely to be back in court. (a number of people with 1st time DUIs fit here).

    In Campbell's case, he is really none of these. He wasn't a bad guy, and wasn't a fuckup, and...perhaps other than signing with the Browns, didn't do anything bad or have a bad thing happen to him.

    In his case....he just wasn't that good.

    @the-gipper said:

    Judge Mike Weigand and I had a conversation one time about people that appeared in front of him in court.

    He said Very few people (in this case: NFL players) are really "Bad Guys"....There are exceptions (in the case of the NFL like Lawrence Phillips or Rae Carruth.)

    More people can be categorized in esoteric legal terminology ....Fuckups. They are not really bad, they just can't get their act together to do things right. (I would say John P. Manziel fits in this category. Josh Gordon as well.)

    Other people are good that just had like one bad thing happen to them and are not likely to be back in court. (a number of people with 1st time DUIs fit here).

    In Campbell's case, he is really none of these. He wasn't a bad guy, and wasn't a fuckup, and...perhaps other than signing with the Browns, didn't do anything bad or have a bad thing happen to him.

    In his case....he just wasn't that good.

    he wasn't that good because he played for a piece of shit football team....me thinks he would have played well for many other teams...although i still think he would not have won a championship for those better teams...he just was not good enough...