Write Offs that can pay dividends....
-
Ability is the best part.... etc...
But let's not confuse the issue of which WR we have put on the field in recent history strikes the most fear in Defenses. That is a list of one.
Just have to hope lightening strikes twice...
Ability is the best part.... etc...
But let's not confuse the issue of which WR we have put on the field in recent history strikes the most fear in Defenses. That is a list of one.
Just have to hope lightening strikes twice...
All true but the 1 thing that continues to ground all that is what Josh Gordon has/lacks between the ears.
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised this time around...
-
Ok....so we are hoping that a "bunch" of players suddenly figure it out....have the light go off.....raise their level of play....etc. And, lets be honest in understanding that, after years of poor play, very very few players suddenly get good....or great. And average players rarely start to dominate.....
But....every once in a while.....it happens.....Sooooooooooooo, we have a number(IE: LOTS) of under performing players who have NOT met expectations, or performed up to their draft billing, or have fallen by the wayside.....and THESE players are the ones I have written off as lost causes....
If only one or 2 decide to show up, maybe things will improve......it's a matter of which, if any, do.....
My write offs are:
Josh Gordon.....the only one in this group that has actually shown he's capable of being a true star. A dominant WR when playing, but a headache for his team and fans, If he wasn't sooooooooooooo freaking stupid, he'd be a HOFer.....dumb ass......could he show up?....sure....will he?......??????
RG III.....hey, he was amazing in college and had a good start in the league. Injuries and difficulty with his coaching staff have put an end to that. Can he refind his game here? and regain the form that made him the hot commodity he was coming out of college???......maybe.....I think he has a chance......this is a biggy and Im surprised there is so little discussion about him. Me thinks no one else thinks he'll do it......
Mingo.....all you have to do is watch him fly around, slip through gaps, outrun RB's and WR's to see his amazing athleticism. But, conversely, all you have to do is watch him attempt a tackle or try to read a QB to know he doesnt have natural instincts for the game or the ability to overpower players......always near the ball, but never THE guy making the play.....I keep waiting for that moment that I think is never coming....Time to figure it out or it's the last year for you Mingo.....
Gilbert.....my extra stupid, but favorite, under performing player......why do you not play great?......what the hell is wrong with your brain?......are you as weird as you act?.....because you have the tools of a superstar.....cmon man!....it's your year to show it.....this is the guy I hope lights it up....but, then again, I said that last year......Horty better figure you out....or you need to figure the NFL out......but lets get it done....k?
Kruger.....Ive wriiten PK off, because he just cant play LB. Period. So, after 7 years in the league, what you see is what you get. This one isnt gonna suddenly get good in year 8. So, Im hoping they find a role for him on the DL or just cut his ass.
A. Bryant.....another dumb ass, with potential. This guy looks like he should be a 4-3 DE ripping QB's heads off on a regular basis. He's flashed, but never had the chance to put it together. Started out great as a DE and blew that knee out, whilst squishing Bradford for a loss. Then, a year later after healing, Pettine said "Hey, you look like an awesome DE, sooo, lets make you a LB! And someday, if you're lucky, you can suck as bad as Paul Kruger"".....now, all I ask is WHY??? Then, AB decides to get stooooopid with dope and guns etc. So I just wrote him off as dumb AND not a LB......I say put him back at DE and lets give it a whole season.....he's one that I think can make a difference.....
OK....there are 6 guys who people KEEP HOPING will do something, but havent done it in recent years....or at all......if only 2 of them were to step up and achieve their potential, it would be a major help to the team.....and seem like a free bonus to me....who has written them off mentally....
and, if they dont step up.....every single one of these guys....every one.....should be gone....experiment over.....see ya!
Ok....so we are hoping that a "bunch" of players suddenly figure it out....have the light go off.....raise their level of play....etc. And, lets be honest in understanding that, after years of poor play, very very few players suddenly get good....or great. And average players rarely start to dominate.....
But....every once in a while.....it happens.....Sooooooooooooo, we have a number(IE: LOTS) of under performing players who have NOT met expectations, or performed up to their draft billing, or have fallen by the wayside.....and THESE players are the ones I have written off as lost causes....
If only one or 2 decide to show up, maybe things will improve......it's a matter of which, if any, do.....
My write offs are:
Josh Gordon.....the only one in this group that has actually shown he's capable of being a true star. A dominant WR when playing, but a headache for his team and fans, If he wasn't sooooooooooooo freaking stupid, he'd be a HOFer.....dumb ass......could he show up?....sure....will he?......??????
RG III.....hey, he was amazing in college and had a good start in the league. Injuries and difficulty with his coaching staff have put an end to that. Can he refind his game here? and regain the form that made him the hot commodity he was coming out of college???......maybe.....I think he has a chance......this is a biggy and Im surprised there is so little discussion about him. Me thinks no one else thinks he'll do it......
Mingo.....all you have to do is watch him fly around, slip through gaps, outrun RB's and WR's to see his amazing athleticism. But, conversely, all you have to do is watch him attempt a tackle or try to read a QB to know he doesnt have natural instincts for the game or the ability to overpower players......always near the ball, but never THE guy making the play.....I keep waiting for that moment that I think is never coming....Time to figure it out or it's the last year for you Mingo.....
Gilbert.....my extra stupid, but favorite, under performing player......why do you not play great?......what the hell is wrong with your brain?......are you as weird as you act?.....because you have the tools of a superstar.....cmon man!....it's your year to show it.....this is the guy I hope lights it up....but, then again, I said that last year......Horty better figure you out....or you need to figure the NFL out......but lets get it done....k?
Kruger.....Ive wriiten PK off, because he just cant play LB. Period. So, after 7 years in the league, what you see is what you get. This one isnt gonna suddenly get good in year 8. So, Im hoping they find a role for him on the DL or just cut his ass.
A. Bryant.....another dumb ass, with potential. This guy looks like he should be a 4-3 DE ripping QB's heads off on a regular basis. He's flashed, but never had the chance to put it together. Started out great as a DE and blew that knee out, whilst squishing Bradford for a loss. Then, a year later after healing, Pettine said "Hey, you look like an awesome DE, sooo, lets make you a LB! And someday, if you're lucky, you can suck as bad as Paul Kruger"".....now, all I ask is WHY??? Then, AB decides to get stooooopid with dope and guns etc. So I just wrote him off as dumb AND not a LB......I say put him back at DE and lets give it a whole season.....he's one that I think can make a difference.....
OK....there are 6 guys who people KEEP HOPING will do something, but havent done it in recent years....or at all......if only 2 of them were to step up and achieve their potential, it would be a major help to the team.....and seem like a free bonus to me....who has written them off mentally....
and, if they dont step up.....every single one of these guys....every one.....should be gone....experiment over.....see ya!
Ok.....so I wrote this last July and stated that I had written all of these player off and expected nothing from them......BUT....IF......a few of them came around it would be great.......wellllllll.........a clean 0 for 6.....just saying......all gone...(or hurt).....
Oh well.....
-
Ok....so we are hoping that a "bunch" of players suddenly figure it out....have the light go off.....raise their level of play....etc. And, lets be honest in understanding that, after years of poor play, very very few players suddenly get good....or great. And average players rarely start to dominate.....
But....every once in a while.....it happens.....Sooooooooooooo, we have a number(IE: LOTS) of under performing players who have NOT met expectations, or performed up to their draft billing, or have fallen by the wayside.....and THESE players are the ones I have written off as lost causes....
If only one or 2 decide to show up, maybe things will improve......it's a matter of which, if any, do.....
My write offs are:
Josh Gordon.....the only one in this group that has actually shown he's capable of being a true star. A dominant WR when playing, but a headache for his team and fans, If he wasn't sooooooooooooo freaking stupid, he'd be a HOFer.....dumb ass......could he show up?....sure....will he?......??????
RG III.....hey, he was amazing in college and had a good start in the league. Injuries and difficulty with his coaching staff have put an end to that. Can he refind his game here? and regain the form that made him the hot commodity he was coming out of college???......maybe.....I think he has a chance......this is a biggy and Im surprised there is so little discussion about him. Me thinks no one else thinks he'll do it......
Mingo.....all you have to do is watch him fly around, slip through gaps, outrun RB's and WR's to see his amazing athleticism. But, conversely, all you have to do is watch him attempt a tackle or try to read a QB to know he doesnt have natural instincts for the game or the ability to overpower players......always near the ball, but never THE guy making the play.....I keep waiting for that moment that I think is never coming....Time to figure it out or it's the last year for you Mingo.....
Gilbert.....my extra stupid, but favorite, under performing player......why do you not play great?......what the hell is wrong with your brain?......are you as weird as you act?.....because you have the tools of a superstar.....cmon man!....it's your year to show it.....this is the guy I hope lights it up....but, then again, I said that last year......Horty better figure you out....or you need to figure the NFL out......but lets get it done....k?
Kruger.....Ive wriiten PK off, because he just cant play LB. Period. So, after 7 years in the league, what you see is what you get. This one isnt gonna suddenly get good in year 8. So, Im hoping they find a role for him on the DL or just cut his ass.
A. Bryant.....another dumb ass, with potential. This guy looks like he should be a 4-3 DE ripping QB's heads off on a regular basis. He's flashed, but never had the chance to put it together. Started out great as a DE and blew that knee out, whilst squishing Bradford for a loss. Then, a year later after healing, Pettine said "Hey, you look like an awesome DE, sooo, lets make you a LB! And someday, if you're lucky, you can suck as bad as Paul Kruger"".....now, all I ask is WHY??? Then, AB decides to get stooooopid with dope and guns etc. So I just wrote him off as dumb AND not a LB......I say put him back at DE and lets give it a whole season.....he's one that I think can make a difference.....
OK....there are 6 guys who people KEEP HOPING will do something, but havent done it in recent years....or at all......if only 2 of them were to step up and achieve their potential, it would be a major help to the team.....and seem like a free bonus to me....who has written them off mentally....
and, if they dont step up.....every single one of these guys....every one.....should be gone....experiment over.....see ya!
Ok.....so I wrote this last July and stated that I had written all of these player off and expected nothing from them......BUT....IF......a few of them came around it would be great.......wellllllll.........a clean 0 for 6.....just saying......all gone...(or hurt).....
Oh well.....
But...maybe Hue can coach them up! [/sarcasm]Ok.....so I wrote this last July and stated that I had written all of these player off and expected nothing from them......BUT....IF......a few of them came around it would be great.......wellllllll.........a clean 0 for 6.....just saying......all gone...(or hurt).....
Oh well.....
-
Ok....so we are hoping that a "bunch" of players suddenly figure it out....have the light go off.....raise their level of play....etc. And, lets be honest in understanding that, after years of poor play, very very few players suddenly get good....or great. And average players rarely start to dominate.....
But....every once in a while.....it happens.....Sooooooooooooo, we have a number(IE: LOTS) of under performing players who have NOT met expectations, or performed up to their draft billing, or have fallen by the wayside.....and THESE players are the ones I have written off as lost causes....
If only one or 2 decide to show up, maybe things will improve......it's a matter of which, if any, do.....
My write offs are:
Josh Gordon.....the only one in this group that has actually shown he's capable of being a true star. A dominant WR when playing, but a headache for his team and fans, If he wasn't sooooooooooooo freaking stupid, he'd be a HOFer.....dumb ass......could he show up?....sure....will he?......??????
RG III.....hey, he was amazing in college and had a good start in the league. Injuries and difficulty with his coaching staff have put an end to that. Can he refind his game here? and regain the form that made him the hot commodity he was coming out of college???......maybe.....I think he has a chance......this is a biggy and Im surprised there is so little discussion about him. Me thinks no one else thinks he'll do it......
Mingo.....all you have to do is watch him fly around, slip through gaps, outrun RB's and WR's to see his amazing athleticism. But, conversely, all you have to do is watch him attempt a tackle or try to read a QB to know he doesnt have natural instincts for the game or the ability to overpower players......always near the ball, but never THE guy making the play.....I keep waiting for that moment that I think is never coming....Time to figure it out or it's the last year for you Mingo.....
Gilbert.....my extra stupid, but favorite, under performing player......why do you not play great?......what the hell is wrong with your brain?......are you as weird as you act?.....because you have the tools of a superstar.....cmon man!....it's your year to show it.....this is the guy I hope lights it up....but, then again, I said that last year......Horty better figure you out....or you need to figure the NFL out......but lets get it done....k?
Kruger.....Ive wriiten PK off, because he just cant play LB. Period. So, after 7 years in the league, what you see is what you get. This one isnt gonna suddenly get good in year 8. So, Im hoping they find a role for him on the DL or just cut his ass.
A. Bryant.....another dumb ass, with potential. This guy looks like he should be a 4-3 DE ripping QB's heads off on a regular basis. He's flashed, but never had the chance to put it together. Started out great as a DE and blew that knee out, whilst squishing Bradford for a loss. Then, a year later after healing, Pettine said "Hey, you look like an awesome DE, sooo, lets make you a LB! And someday, if you're lucky, you can suck as bad as Paul Kruger"".....now, all I ask is WHY??? Then, AB decides to get stooooopid with dope and guns etc. So I just wrote him off as dumb AND not a LB......I say put him back at DE and lets give it a whole season.....he's one that I think can make a difference.....
OK....there are 6 guys who people KEEP HOPING will do something, but havent done it in recent years....or at all......if only 2 of them were to step up and achieve their potential, it would be a major help to the team.....and seem like a free bonus to me....who has written them off mentally....
and, if they dont step up.....every single one of these guys....every one.....should be gone....experiment over.....see ya!
Ok.....so I wrote this last July and stated that I had written all of these player off and expected nothing from them......BUT....IF......a few of them came around it would be great.......wellllllll.........a clean 0 for 6.....just saying......all gone...(or hurt).....
Oh well.....
Ok.....so I wrote this last July and stated that I had written all of these player off and expected nothing from them......BUT....IF......a few of them came around it would be great.......wellllllll.........a clean 0 for 6.....just saying......all gone...(or hurt).....
Oh well.....
Your sad sacks still have a shot at batting .333! Don't quit on us now!

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login