Skip to content

Browns most looking to trade down

The Browns Board
23 14 1.7k
  • @inspecta said:

    Which is my point the whole time ytown.

    I think it's stupid to trade out picks when your trying to rebuild. Why pick one unproven question mark QB and trade another out?

    It makes no sense. Just give Quinn the rock this year and see what he can do with it.

    I am sure that is what is going to happen.......IF....the Browns staff feels he is going to be a good player and the player to take the team forward.

    If they don't feel he is that player.....I doubt they are just going to hand him the ball.

    It all depends on where we project these guys 3 years down the road. If they feel Sanchez is going to be the better player, they will sacrifice a few wins this year....and they probably don't have to do that....Anderson is still here...he would QB the team.

    I don't care what anybody says, at this point there isn't a 4 game swing between Anderson and Quinn....maybe 1-2 right now, and sorry to tell ya, 1-2 more wins isn't going to be a back breaker unless 7 wins gets us in to the playoffs.

    IF Mangini and Kok don't have good vibes for BQ....and IF they feel Sanchez is the guy they want....I hope to heck we draft Sanchez if given the chance, move Quinn for whatever we can get, and then hope and root like mad they got it right.

  • i am all for this. i love the idea of moving out of the big money picks and getting players picks in exchange for that 5th overall pick. make it happen mankok

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    i am all for this. i love the idea of moving out of the big money picks and getting players picks in exchange for that 5th overall pick. make it happen mankok

    I agree! Drafting Sanchez or Crabtree would be a mistake. This team has so many holes they need to fill it would be crazy to think one high draft pick is going to make a difference with this team.

  • @brownindian said:

    but if we DO take Sanchez we could be screwing a lot of teams ..... if a guy with Sanchez's talent is gone then they need to come to us for QB or wait for the next draft and tank their season.

    Sanchez is not going to solve any of our problems, but if talents are for real then he will be a good pick for us and we can keep one of BQ or DA and release the other. And we could build the team around Sanchez. we can still get quality players with our remaining draft picks and take a risk on Sanchez @ no5 ... he might be worthy of the no5 pay.

    But considering the demand for QB's I think teams either trade up for him ... play a gamble ... talk to us for an exchange or go win less.

    I say lets take sanchez if he is the real deal.

    If (and that's not a guarantee) Sanchez is the real deal, he isn't ready to be a NFL QB. If I was sold on Sanchez the only way I could possibably take him is if I cold get multiple picks for Quinn. At least a first and a third. I don't see taking a young QB that needs mentored, especially since we would be giving up a young QB that has already been mentored, if I don't get enough picks in return to fill my needs.

    So, if Sanchez is there at #5 the Browns will be lookng for a trading partner unless someone out there is in love with Quinn. I don't think you just trade to trade.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    If (and that's not a guarantee) Sanchez is the real deal, he isn't ready to be a NFL QB. If I was sold on Sanchez the only way I could possibably take him is if I cold get multiple picks for Quinn. At least a first and a third. I don't see taking a young QB that needs mentored, especially since we would be giving up a young QB that has already been mentored, if I don't get enough picks in return to fill my needs.

    So, if Sanchez is there at #5 the Browns will be lookng for a trading partner unless someone out there is in love with Quinn. I don't think you just trade to trade.

    Excellent reply ... agree with all your points since we are rebuilding, but again -> from what the media says: the coach is not sold on either QB and is willing to trade any of them and also is impressed with Sanchez. Based on those "news" i was guessing Sanchez should be a decent pick and also we are bound to get enquries from teams about our QB's as there is a need for QB's that are NFL ready. Meaning we can still offload one QB for picks or other position players. The other thing that makes me lean towards Sanchez is the the top 10 prospects - > Media reports that the top prospects are not that worthy of the high pick and money and a cheaper option almost as good option can be got a round below except for QB position. Only Stafford and Sanchez have QB value.