Skip to content

Let's Make a Date: Josh McCown

The Browns Board
27 15 1.1k
  • With Austin Davis getting cut, Josh isn't going anywhere.

  • My understanding is that all of the following QBs are still out there, available to be signed:

    Tavaris Jackson

    Jimmy Clausen

    Matt Flynn

    Josh Freeman

    Bruce Gradkowski

    Chad Henne

    Ryan Lindley

    Matt McGloin

    Michael Vick

    Charlie Whitehurst

    TJ Yates

    Now, yes, this seems to be a pile of doggie doodoo (Michael Vick pun intended), no one can say that Josh McCown has a much more stellar record than this bunch. Why would not someone who needs a veteran backup QB just not grab one of these guys off the street rather than trade a draft pick for McCown?

    Terminating Davis' contract would seem to end any thought of trading McC...

    @the-gipper said:

    Matt McGloin

    No biggee, but Matt is currently the Raiders back up...

  • Maybe Dallas will be desperate enough to give JFF a chance 😉

    johnny-manziel.jpg

    @browns1216 said:

    Maybe Dallas will be desperate enough to give JFF a chance 😉

    johnny-manziel.jpg

    You forgot IIRC, Johnny Boy is suspended for the first 4 games- darn that substance abuse thing. So he'd be of no use to Dallas, at least in the short term. He's been keeping a mighty low profile of late. 🙂

  • Terminating Davis' contract would seem to end any thought of trading McC...

    @the-gipper said:

    Matt McGloin

    No biggee, but Matt is currently the Raiders back up...

    @tour2ma said:

    Terminating Davis' contract would seem to end any thought of trading McC...

    No biggee, but Matt is currently the Raiders back up...

    I figured that a couple of those guys may have been signed.

  • @mark-o said:

    McCown isn't going to the hall of fame or anything....but he's light years better than everyone on that list.

    His career win pct. record as a starting QB would argue otherwise. But for right here, right now, you may be right.

    @the-gipper said:

    His career win pct. record as a starting QB would argue otherwise. But for right here, right now, you may be right.

    I don't care about his career win pct. That's a convenient stat to use because his isn't very good. But based on what I saw with my own eyes last season, he's a better player than all of the guys on that list at this point, and he's a better teammate than most of them as well.

  • @the-gipper said:

    His career win pct. record as a starting QB would argue otherwise. But for right here, right now, you may be right.

    I don't care about his career win pct. That's a convenient stat to use because his isn't very good. But based on what I saw with my own eyes last season, he's a better player than all of the guys on that list at this point, and he's a better teammate than most of them as well.

    @mark-o said:

    I don't care about his career win pct. That's a convenient stat to use because his isn't very good. But based on what I saw with my own eyes last season, he's a better player than all of the guys on that list at this point, and he's a better teammate than most of them as well.

    Well, you are right....I don't think I would trade any of them for him at this point.

  • Hey Mike Zimmer, it's Hue....