Skip to content

Cuts to 53....

The Browns Board
124 30 4.7k
  • @the-gipper said:

    So, you love trains? jk

    (so, why would you not say MIT or Cal Tech....which could certainly be viable choices)

    Yup... Still have my HO collection... wanna make something of it? 😉

    Overall University was the operative phrase. For Engineering I have no doubt MIT would be #1 and CalPoly would jump into the conversation. But some of the Ivys would likely hang around as well.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... Still have my HO collection... wanna make something of it? 😉

    Overall University was the operative phrase. For Engineering I have no doubt MIT would be #1 and CalPoly would jump into the conversation. But some of the Ivys would likely hang around as well.

    CalPoly or CalTech. They are different schools. One in San Luis Obispo, the other, I believe, in Pasadena.

  • If the topic is engineering within the Ivies, Cornell is far and away #1.. both in quality of individual major and breadth of specialties offered. USNews agrees both for undergrad and MS/PhD.

    Of course I'm not biased [it's my alma mater].

    Cornell is also interestingly the only Ivy with public school colleges - so there's something called "Hotel Administration" which is essentially a business major for those who find "undergrad business school" too fast paced.. But it's one of only 3 undergrad hotel management degrees, so [last time I checked] 55% of all US hotels are managed by people with Cornell degrees.. The result is that for NewYorkians, parts of it are a public school and thus the "overall" is not a 1:1 comparison with the other [private school] Ivies.

    According to Bloomberg, Cornell has the #1 undergrad business school among the Ivies, interestingly.

    As to other degrees, Cornell is #5 in the Ivies on essentially everything [i looked at MBA, Law, and Medicine at USNews and stopped].. which means they're in a tie for top10 in the country for whatever you'll want.

    @unsympathetic said:

    If the topic is engineering within the Ivies, Cornell is far and away #1.. both in quality of individual major and breadth of specialties offered.

    Of course I'm not biased [That's my alma mater] but it's simply the truth.

    I think you must know from my ramblings that that is where my boy goes for grad school.

  • Here's hoping Hue admits he was wrong about Kessler sooner rather than later.. IMHO Kessler doesn't make our PS.. I bet he says nothing about the statement he made on draft day regarding the selection of Kessler -- "Trust Me"

    @unsympathetic said:

    Here's hoping Hue admits he was wrong about Kessler sooner rather than later.. IMHO Kessler doesn't make our PS.. I bet he says nothing about the statement he made on draft day regarding the selection of Kessler -- "Trust Me"

    He'll give Kessler some time, but if he feels Hogan is better, it could come to that.

  • @gftchris said:

    Fabiano is a 6-3, 303 pound rookie out of Harvard. Originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent, he was waived on Aug. 29. He opened 29 games for the Crimson with starts at left tackle (11), right guard (10), left guard (seven) and right tackle (one). A native of Wakefield, Mass., Fabiano graduated from Wakefield High School.

    Reynolds is 6-1, 207-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Stanford. Originally selected by Philadelphia in the fifth round of the 2014 draft, he appeared in six games last year and totaled 21 tackles, one pass defended and one interception. A native of Stoneville, N.C., Reynolds graduated from Woodberry Forest High School. His father, Ed, played 10 seasons (1983-92) in the NFL.

    Finally a name from my culled list, Reynolds. Big hitter I can see as a SS/OLB hybrid.

    Missed spotting Fabiano in BLT's cuts, but he was in the 75 list... plus he was listed as a Center. This was a kid I watched tape of pre-draft. Really good feet at LT, but lacking upper body strength at the time. Also remember getting distracted by this DeValve kid flashing at WR.

    @tour2ma said:

    Missed spotting Fabiano in BLT's cuts, but he was in the 75 list... plus he was listed as a Center. This was a kid I watched tape of pre-draft. Really good feet at LT, but lacking upper body strength at the time. Also remember getting distracted by this DeValve kid flashing at WR.

    Disregard the above earlier post... The Harvard OT I "scouted" was Cole Toner, not Fabiano. Toner apparently stuck with AZ.

    The distraction comment stands...