Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • I managed this masterpiece. Would anyone be upset with this draft?

    Your score is: 10667 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 18 (BALT): Desmond King, CB, Iowa ( 😎

    Round 1 Pick 28 (NYG): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)

    Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 20 (HOU): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A)

    Round 3 Pick 12 (N.O.): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M ( 😎

    Round 4 Pick 24 (DET): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick (JAX)

    2018 Round 1 Pick (PHI)

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    Keep in mind that's 3 first rounders next year, possible that all three would be top 15 picks. Also, we have PHI's 2nd rounder as well. So that would be 3 in the first and two seconds.

    @poeticg said:

    I managed this masterpiece. Would anyone be upset with this draft?

    Me... You managed to avoid all the impact players at the top of the draft.

    @cainedesoulis said:

    JJ watt can't Carry a team, Joe Thomas can't carry a team. LT could, Emmitt Could.

    No... they did not...

    @tiamat63 said:

    LT carried his team...where? To first round playoffs exits every time? Emmitt had the luxury of a HoF QB and WR playing with him.

    Let's not even start on the badass Olines both those teams had. Neither LT nor Smith are anywhere near as effective playing behind some lower tier bunch. You can say that for most every running back not named Sanders.

    Bingo! LT's QBs were no slouches either. And you did not even mention the Ds both had...

  • Crowell is worse than garbage. Duke is useful. Crowell needs to go.

  • How do I set "Ignore"?

    @texasag1969 said:

    How do I set "Ignore"?

    Click on your screen name in the upper right hand corner. "Manage Ignore Prefs" is in the drop down menu...

  • You sure you don't want involved in this stimulating thread conversation Texas Ag?

  • I don't mind Crow. He's playing for the worst possible team for his skill set. I would LOVE to see Crow play for a team that actually has a lead in a game. Crow runs hard, and I can imagine he wouldn't be fun to tackle 26 times a game. He never will get that chance playing for us. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind some competition for him, but I certainly wouldn't want to use a high draft pick on a RB. I also like Duke, but we can't figure out enough ways to get him the ball, and it's obnoxious. Kind of like our entire offense. Obnoxious.

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

  • You sure you don't want involved in this stimulating thread conversation Texas Ag?

    @typicalbrowns said:

    You sure you don't want involved in this stimulating thread conversation Texas Ag?

    Nah, BrownsfaninPa tried to start his own draft thread and I said that before it was moved over here, including my ignore remark.

  • Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week. If he can flash something, anything, it should reduce the position's emphasis in the draft.

    Crow still has issues picking the right hole when a choice presents itself. All his bursts vs. CIN this year were single lane runs with lanes where they were supposed to be. He left a bunch of yards on the field when he had options...

  • I don't mind Crow. He's playing for the worst possible team for his skill set. I would LOVE to see Crow play for a team that actually has a lead in a game. Crow runs hard, and I can imagine he wouldn't be fun to tackle 26 times a game. He never will get that chance playing for us. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind some competition for him, but I certainly wouldn't want to use a high draft pick on a RB. I also like Duke, but we can't figure out enough ways to get him the ball, and it's obnoxious. Kind of like our entire offense. Obnoxious.

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    @bob806 said:

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

  • @bob806 said:

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

  • Why would we take a RB in the 1st round when the running game has been the only bright spot on this team despite the awful O line...?? pass rusher, qb, ol....those are the positions that "must" be addressed in the first 2-3 rounds. Unless we do something in free agency with the OL

    @clevfan4life said:

    Why would we take a RB in the 1st round when the running game has been the only bright spot on this team despite the awful O line...?? pass rusher, qb, ol....those are the positions that "must" be addressed in the first 2-3 rounds. Unless we do something in free agency with the OL

    might be a bright spot but sadly nothing to hang your hat on.

    crowell would have to run for 300 yards in these last 2 games to become a 1k rusher. johnson is at like 350 lucky to get to 400 yards at this point.

    we play in the AFCN and our run game is shit and has been shit for years now.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    That's kind of what I was getting at, though.

    Forsaking a playmaker to take a guy who may be more pro ready day one should not be our draft plan. We are not a 8-8 team looking to maintain while grooming players. We are a winless team looking to add the best playmakers we can, regardless of position or day one pro readiness.

    If Garrett isn't as ready as Allen day one, so what? Day one doesn't do shit for us anyway.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Christ... it's starting already.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    San Fran has gone Defensive front 3 1st rounders in a row, I believe?

    Garrett talk is still very possible.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    I'm thinking they have to take a qb. But in any case we still end up with either Allen or Garett

  • Anddddddddd we have #1 back

  • 49ers WIN!!!

  • The first game I haven't watched this year.

    Whoops

  • Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week. If he can flash something, anything, it should reduce the position's emphasis in the draft.

    Crow still has issues picking the right hole when a choice presents itself. All his bursts vs. CIN this year were single lane runs with lanes where they were supposed to be. He left a bunch of yards on the field when he had options...

    @tour2ma said:

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week.

    hmpf....they are not listening....

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Um....yeah....it probably is.....

    But we can dream....right?

    @tour2ma said:

    Christ... it's starting already.

    Hahahaha.....I promise that I will not overwhelm you with too much optimism......😉

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    And so did the niners....crawl back into your hole now......

    @sdballis said:

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.