Skip to content

Warrant out on Gordon

The Browns Board
27 16 2.0k
  • He's also complied with the DNA test requirement and the warrant has been withdrawn. Seems like he genuinely didn't know about it, although that's not necessarily a good thing in itself.

  • Just FYI, if you are looking for a small bright spot in this shitstorm the NFL has confirmed it will not impact his status.

    "NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy indicated that “this [case] will not affect his status [with the league]."

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/browns-josh-gordon-issued-arrest-warrant-but-nfl-apparently-doesnt-care-184208076.html

    In this case he may just be a deadbeat father, but one that can catch footballs starting week 5.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Just FYI, if you are looking for a small bright spot in this shitstorm the NFL has confirmed it will not impact his status.

    "NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy indicated that “this [case] will not affect his status [with the league]."

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/browns-josh-gordon-issued-arrest-warrant-but-nfl-apparently-doesnt-care-184208076.html

    In this case he may just be a deadbeat father, but one that can catch footballs starting week 5.

    Well, Diehard will be disappointed.

    Zombo

  • He's also complied with the DNA test requirement and the warrant has been withdrawn. Seems like he genuinely didn't know about it, although that's not necessarily a good thing in itself.

    @gftchris said:

    He's also complied with the DNA test requirement and the warrant has been withdrawn. Seems like he genuinely didn't know about it, although that's not necessarily a good thing in itself.

    Most warrants are served via certified mail correct? Honestly, I could believe a scenario where the dude just didn't open the mail. I know it sounds beyond stupid, but I know plenty of people around my age who don't open the mail because they think stuff will come via email.

  • @gftchris said:

    He's also complied with the DNA test requirement and the warrant has been withdrawn. Seems like he genuinely didn't know about it, although that's not necessarily a good thing in itself.

    Most warrants are served via certified mail correct? Honestly, I could believe a scenario where the dude just didn't open the mail. I know it sounds beyond stupid, but I know plenty of people around my age who don't open the mail because they think stuff will come via email.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Most warrants are served via certified mail correct? Honestly, I could believe a scenario where the dude just didn't open the mail. I know it sounds beyond stupid, but I know plenty of people around my age who don't open the mail because they think stuff will come via email.

    People my age too.

    Me, actually.

    Z

  • Josh has satisfied the requirements of the warrant, and it is no longer an issue. Browns and NFL are both aware of it, and it's not going to impact Gordon at all.

    I feel like we lucked out. When I saw, "Arrest warrant for Gordon issued", I literally threw the remote control across the room and let out a guttural scream that scared my wife.

    We dodged a bullet...for once.

  • Josh has satisfied the requirements of the warrant, and it is no longer an issue. Browns and NFL are both aware of it, and it's not going to impact Gordon at all.

    I feel like we lucked out. When I saw, "Arrest warrant for Gordon issued", I literally threw the remote control across the room and let out a guttural scream that scared my wife.

    We dodged a bullet...for once.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Josh has satisfied the requirements of the warrant, and it is no longer an issue. Browns and NFL are both aware of it, and it's not going to impact Gordon at all.

    I feel like we lucked out. When I saw, "Arrest warrant for Gordon issued", I literally threw the remote control across the room and let out a guttural scream that scared my wife.

    We dodged a bullet...for once.

    Yeah, the browns are just covered in good luck right now...

  • Well, that's why I said, "For once." LOL

    This actually had to be a non-issue. Had to because I would've lost my friggin' mind if we lost Josh again. I know all too well that it's a possibility. At any time, we could get an update on our phones that says Josh screwed up again, and he's gone. But...I want so much for him to realize his potential. He can do it...