Skip to content

Randy Lerner changed the QBs

The Browns Board
56 22 3.5k
  • \ said:

    lumanddilfnw9.png

    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

  • Lum,

    it's time to come clean. Brady is in to never let go of the starting position for the next 9 seasons. Proceed to the Brady Quinn Jersey Page and purchase several different colored Jerseys.

    It's over ...

    manwich.jpg

  • \ said:

    Apparently none of you BQ Fags can give any other reason for Trent Dilfer to have broken this story.

    Can you throw nothing more than insults? OH! BTW my son is in the OHSAA playoffs! and I really doubt at this point that I am a 'Fag'

  • Surprised it didn't happen after the Giants game ... oh, that's right ....

  • THE MADNESS IS OVER!!!!

    HALLELUJAH!!!!

    Whatever ends up happening with Quinn long-term, I'm just excited we will have cringe-free football again.

    There will be growing pains, no doubt, but at least we have some hope again.

    Free at last, free at last...

  • Comical thread.

    A highly touted first round draft pick is on the bench behind a guy still exhibiting many of his systemic faults while posting the worst passer rating at the half way point of any QB with 200 attempts; and....

    the motives for the switch are being questioned.

    Seriously?

    Do I need to yet again mention that Lum is "The Fraud" and always will be?

  • \ said:

    Surprised it didn't happen after the Giants game ... oh, that's right ....

    LOL, you bring up his only good game of the season. 1 out of 8, I guess that is good enough to keep his job forever.

  • \ said:

    THE MADNESS IS OVER!!!!

    HALLELUJAH!!!!

    Whatever ends up happening with Quinn long-term, I'm just excited we will have cringe-free football again.

    There will be growing pains, no doubt, but at least we have some hope again.

    Free at last, free at last...

    The madness isnt over until we have a new coaching staff...

  • \ said:

    Surprised it didn't happen after the Giants game ... oh, that's right ....

    "oh, that's right..." DA didn't shit the bed in the 2nd half, blow a 7 point lead, and we won the game.

    DA should have been pulled after the 1st Cincy game last year (week 2). Because, I mean clearly, your starting QB sucks when your D gives up 45 points, right? icon_rolleyes.gif

    Go take a nap Stan, and get ready to enjoy an exciting game on Thursday.

  • OK, to add fuel to the conspiracy theory fire...

    The NFL called the Browns and said "Look, we put you guys in a bunch of primetime games and you look terrible. Now you're on our network this Thursday. Start Quinn.".

  • just watched Mike and Mike and they pretty much were repeating Dilfer and Mortenson. It seems like the "management" meaning ownership is bending to the fans and overriding the coach and Savage.

    IF this is true that is certainly a problem.

    I know to most fans they dont care because they are getting what they think is the answer but for me that is a problem.

  • \ said:

    Oh, and the Browns didn't want to let it out for another day to keep Denver guessing... but Dilfer doesn't like the Browns and loved busting the story AND putting a negative spin on it.

    If only the team knew about it then who do you think told Dilfer? There are only 11 guys who played on the 2005 team with Dilfer. And how did Dilfer know that the decision came from the "very very very top"?

    Derek Anderson

    Josh Cribbs

    Andra Davis

    Phil Dawson

    Braylon Edwards

    Steve Heiden

    Sean Jones

    Ryan Pontbriand

    Brodney Pool

    Kellen Winslow

    Jason Wright

  • \ said:

    just watched Mike and Mike and they pretty much were repeating Dilfer and Mortenson. It seems like the "management" meaning ownership is bending to the fans and overriding the coach and Savage.

    IF this is true that is certainly a problem.

    I know to most fans they dont care because they are getting what they think is the answer but for me that is a problem.

    Yeah to hell with seeing what his freaking passer rating is like over a year and a half now, eh? It seems like everyone else in America made a QB change when needed except for here. Face the facts. Derek Anderson sucks, and you bitches need to quit crying a fooking river about it. You three should all hook up halfway between Ohio and Oregon for the Thursday night game and hold hands. Red Roof Inn has rooms starting at 39.99.

  • \ said:

    just watched Mike and Mike and they pretty much were repeating Dilfer and Mortenson. It seems like the "management" meaning ownership is bending to the fans and overriding the coach and Savage.

    IF this is true that is certainly a problem.

    I know to most fans they dont care because they are getting what they think is the answer but for me that is a problem.

    Yeah, Mike and Mike went out and researched this all on their own overnight between the MNF game and the upcoming election. They came back with the conclusion that Randy Lerner decided to start Quinn.

    Or they just repeated what Dildofer and his agenda had to say---he of the getting benched in favor of the rookie Frye----getting busted in a Flats bar fight----constant infighting with Mo 'The Great' Carthon to the point of not supporting the team-----requesting out of town,uh, okay, I'll take Dildofer's word for it. Mort hasn't even been around the team, he was just spewing what he supposedly "heard."

  • Dilfer needs something to make himself relevant again, and this team needs yet another scapegoat. Not DA either this time the fanbase is the scapegoat.

  • Wow the class of certain browns fans, if we have a dissenting opinion you resort to child like name calling.

    Look the general fanbase is like the roman mob, sometimes the guys running the shows make a decision heavily influenced by PR perception. It is ultimately a business and if your fan base is not happy with the product for whatever reason they deem, ownership has to make a business decision to have the appearance of listening to its paying customers.

    I dont have a problem with that application in general, however when dealing with a product like NFL football that looks simple but is very complicated ownership overriding decisions can end up with what the Raiders have been having problems with for quite some time.

    In this instance when the season is still not over there are a lot of pro and cons to what they did. we could argue them all day and its not something that I am interested in.

    My main problem really revolves around the coaching staffs strength to make a decision and their process, the other problem is IF the ownership did in fact get involved that could be a double edged sword.

    Personally I dont care about the QB position and who plays there I will give bQ the same 8 game consideration I did with DA. Imho thinks its not the right one but that does not matter as this is a team game. I have not agreed with how RAC coaches and makes decisions and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

    Since that is not what is happening I am just voiciing a concern of how this decision was made.

  • \ said:

    Wow the class of certain browns fans, if we have a dissenting opinion you resort to child like name calling.

    Look the general fanbase is like the roman mob, sometimes the guys running the shows make a decision heavily influenced by PR perception. It is ultimately a business and if your fan base is not happy with the product for whatever reason they deem, ownership has to make a business decision to have the appearance of listening to its paying customers.

    I dont have a problem with that application in general, however when dealing with a product like NFL football that looks simple but is very complicated ownership overriding decisions can end up with what the Raiders have been having problems with for quite some time.

    In this instance when the season is still not over there are a lot of pro and cons to what they did. we could argue them all day and its not something that I am interested in.

    My main problem really revolves around the coaching staffs strength to make a decision and their process, the other problem is IF the ownership did in fact get involved that could be a double edged sword.

    Personally I dont care about the QB position and who plays there I will give bQ the same 8 game consideration I did with DA. Imho thinks its not the right one but that does not matter as this is a team game. I have not agreed with how RAC coaches and makes decisions and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

    Since that is not what is happening I am just voiciing a concern of how this decision was made.

    I still go with the lowest ranking over 200 passes thrown theory and a 3-5 record with a number one and number two on the bench in his second year. I'll voice my concern over not making the change earlier before the season was over.

  • and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

    Since that is not what is happening I am just voiciing a concern of how this decision was made.

    For a self styled intellectual, you sure do drown yourself in rumors.

    Has it dawned on anyone that maybe, just maybe, DA had been on a short leash since the third week? That posting the lowest passer rating even in light of all the other problems isn't acceptable? That the standard being set by the current starter after 20+ starts might be eclipsed by the potential of player on the bench?

    Why is anyone lending ANY credence to national media rumors prior to hearing anything from our staff? Why let yourself be baited by the biggest fraud on these boards (Lum)?

    Let it play out. If it turns out the only motivation, or even primary motivation, for the move was to placate the fan base we can all get mad together. Until then the reports are without foundation.

  • more stupidity by Lumskull

  • \ said:

    [

    If only the team knew about it then who do you think told Dilfer? There are only 11 guys who played on the 2005 team with Dilfer. And how did Dilfer know that the decision came from the "very very very top"?

    Derek Anderson

    Josh Cribbs

    Andra Davis

    Phil Dawson

    Braylon Edwards

    Steve Heiden

    Sean Jones

    Ryan Pontbriand

    Brodney Pool

    Kellen Winslow

    Jason Wright

    Let me see...who would be whining about the change of QB who would also be on that list? I am having trouble. One of those names just doesn't fit.....I just can't put my finger on it!!!

    Listen...Dilfer had a MAJOR blowup with this team. His first comments were that this is a BAD TEAM and that it is DYSFUNCTIONAL...of course not even acknowledging the fact we went 10-6 last year and were still able (when DA played well) to beat the defending champs rather dominantly on MNF.

    As for why they would bring him on...ESPN and the NFL Network ALWAYS try to get an ex-player from the squad in question to address these changes. It is a script they keep to.

    Do us all a favor and look back to when Dilfer was benched/traded and check out his comments back then. He basically said the EXACT SAME THINGS! The team is bad (not me) and dysfunctional. So no surprise to any of us LONG TIME BROWNS FANS that his ugly bald head popped up again....and VERY LIKELY his inside info was DA himself!!!