Skip to content

Our 2016 Draft Class Game: Find the "Bust"

The Browns Board
105 26 2.6k
  • LMAO!!

  • @osiris said:

    Every move the Browns have made since Sashi Brown became GM makes sense when you look at it through the vision I have deduced.

    @miktoxic said:

    That must be you with the beer helmet. 🙂 I know big words like "deduce" and complex ideas like "rebuild" and "vision make you go to your happy place for comfort but do try to keep up. It's not all that complicated.

  • busting balls bro. people need to learn to lighten the F up.

  • busting balls bro. people need to learn to lighten the F up.

    @miktoxic said:

    busting balls bro. people need to learn to lighten the F up.

    Take your own advice? 🙂

  • @tour2ma said:

    Mostly agree with this very well done write-up. My one quibble would be the the number of players entering their prime at the same time.

    The salary cap demands that you have a rolling set of talented youngsters on cap-friendly, rookie deals throughout the process.

    Yeah I definitely agree with that. That's why it is important that they can consistently draft good players. It would be more correct for me to say "as man players entering their prime at the same time as the salary cap can handle."

    This is part of the benefit of going for a quantity over quality approach in the draft. More replacements means you can get cheaper replacements for guys demanding team-unfriendly second contracts. That also gives you leverage in negotiations.

    @miktoxic said:

    did i miss something? we have an insider that sits in with our FO and knows their vision?

    I have listened to 90% of Browns press conferences and interviews, as well as CBD just about every day where they talk about the team's strategy often. I have twelve years of work experience in an analytics field (bioinformatics, a field DePodesta worked in as well). Every move the Browns have made since Sashi Brown became GM makes sense when you look at it through the vision I have deduced. That's what gives me the confidence to say that this is their strategic vision.

    @osiris said:

    It would be more correct for me to say "as man players entering their prime at the same time as the salary cap can handle."