Skip to content

Just to stir it up and ask???

The Browns Board
23 11 1.7k
  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

    Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

    Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

    We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

    Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

    We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

    Better yet....I was laughed at for screaming for maurice jones drew.... 😆

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @solon16 said:

    Better yet....I was laughed at for screaming for maurice jones drew.... 😆

    and I was laughed at for suggesting Darren Sproles. They said "that midget"

    so my point was, you may like different guys and would like to see them drafted, but in the end, you don't know until they get a chance to play.

    For what it's worth, I feel your pain. I wanted Sintim real bad, but also wanted Robiskie and a center later. I think robiskie could be a star. He got saddled with a running QB that dropped his stock after a great Jr. year. He's been schooled since he was a ball boy with the Browns.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Here' what I do know. There are a shitload of "fans" around Cleveland throwing hissy fits cuz Rey wasn't taken. If he busts or ends up being a typical Bungle flunky, how many of those same people does anybody think will come clean and give Mancock their due?

    Answer: Not one of them.

    It is beyond annoying the overhype that Rey Rey has gotten not only given his past and Retardedness but the fact he wasn't even a need player considering he wouldn't have started this year.

    He wasn't starting over Barton. Hell, I don't even know if this guy will figure out a playbook. He overpursues and can't cover, yet his name and pub has gotten him the other Ray treatment. Oh, and by the way the other Ray's team passed on him too.

    One thing is sure, it's going to take two or three years to know if it was a mistake or not letting him slide, and that's for every team not just Mancock. I don't mind guys like Solon and others liking the player, that's their opinion but these moron talk radio types just wanted him cuz they knew his name. Now they are running around all pissed saying the draft sucked like dipshit fans do who don't have a clue.

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Hey you guys may be right about rey...I think he'll be a stud. He just made the Bengirls a whole lot better on Defense and is the ingredient that defense has lacked forever!