Skip to content

OK It's Official....

The Browns Board
45 27 2.8k
  • Hue must go along with the entire management. Hell, sell the team. I

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by One Post
    #41

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Hue must go along with the entire management. Hell, sell the team. I

    That's the only time I've ever seen the words hell and sell side by side. Hell sell. Good use of a comma right there.
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #42

    The Ghoul wanted Hue fired. (I know, nobody wants to hear what Ghoul thought)

    But ya know what? From what I've been seeing lately out of Hue.....I want him gone too.

    Not even ONE FREAKIN' PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE in the game last night and we're calling time out.

    We kicked off and then called time out. Wow. Game #10 and we're that freakin' clueless.

    Then he pulls Kessler for no apparent reason and puts in the 37 year old QB...with a record of 0-9 we don't want to evaluate Kessler, nope, we wanna put in McCown. I could understand if Kessler was shitting the bed but geeze...1 td and 0 int's. Perhaps Hue was pissed at him cos he wouldn't heave the ball long to covered receivers......it seemed McCown felt that's what HE should do!

    We need coaching continuity in the WORST way....but first ya gotta find the right guy....and I'm now thinking that we don't have the right guy. - I didn't believe it when Ghoul said it....but as the weeks have gone by (the episode just before the half in the Cincy game comes to mind), I've been seeing it with my own eyes. That's what it takes for me. I have to see it to believe it when it comes to football.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #43

    We are the best losers in the league. For that there are people in Cleveland planning a parade for 0-16.....true. They suck on a historical basis. Go Cav's! Go Tribe! Browns Suck!

  • This is absolutely the worst team in the history of the Cleveland Browns, and it's not even close. Guys, I go back to 1958 if you're interested. The suckful teams of the 70s don't hold a candle to this shit.

    Yup, we're "building for the future". Well, let's just look at the NOW for a second, can we?

    How many times did the Ravens run that slant over the middle in the second half- and we couldn't do a f**king thing about it? Pitch and catch. Or Learn how to tackle a guy on the first try? Wow, we stopped 'em after 4 Browns whiffed.

    Nice move Hue bringing in McClown with the game in the balance- I KNEW he'd screw it up- and he didn't disappoint me. This guy is a career backup (make that BUM) for a reason. Should have been yanked for Hogan he played so crappy. More turnovers in one game than Kessler has all year. If you want to teach Cody how to lose a game, mission accomplished.

    Saw turnstile Erving miss a few blocks- no surprise there. Drango missed one or two, but he's a rookie. Good Lord, the level of offensive and defensive ineptitude in the second half was enough to make me want to puke. Dead Boddy made a nice int- but sorry Sushi and DePudster, he ain't fast enough. We don't have a safety in the starting lineup that would even be a backup on any other team.

    There- that's my rant. I feel better now. Just don't give me shit on how "well" the young 'uns played. We got beat- and embarrassed 28-7. That don't mean jack shit when you're 0-10 with 0-16 on the very realistic horizon. Wow, Collins had a decent game- in the first half.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @hoorta said:

    This is absolutely the worst team in the history of the Cleveland Browns, and it's not even close. Guys, I go back to 1958 if you're interested. The suckful teams of the 70s don't hold a candle to this shit.

    Yup, we're "building for the future". Well, let's just look at the NOW for a second, can we?

    There- that's my rant. I feel better now. Just don't give me shit on how "well" the young 'uns played. We got beat- and embarrassed 28-7. That don't mean jack shit when you're 0-10 with 0-16 on the very realistic horizon. Wow, Collins had a decent game- in the first half.

    I hear ya Hoorta.....tis painful....

    Worst part, for me, is that losing breaks things down.....it breaks players confidence......it breaks any continuity, cause things keep getting switched around....it eliminates any fun from their game......it wears the coaches down and devalues their work.....all things I predicted/said in the pre-season and then was shushed on.....

    You can see the strain in Hues face and in the players words......quite brutal if that was their plan

    And losing breeds losing......it is NOT how you develop a winning culture.....and it's not how you teach players to win.....

    So....as Ive said a thousand times now.....if THIS is the plan.....its a bad one......just turrible.....

    And, with a fist full of draft picks, we will add another 14 rookies next year?.....should be more of the same.....

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think the defense has a serious coaching issue. Faulty coverage, poor tackling goes a lot to coaching. Next year we need a new DC....no doubt.

    but it's gonna take Horton a couple years to weed out the guys that don't wanna ball from the ones that listen to what he's telling them. I'm not the biggest fan of Horton but any defense can be competent given the time to roost. Can Horton build a legendary defense? I dunno, maybe not. Maybe at some point when we do have the right pieces someone else needs to come in and get them over.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @clevfan4life said:

    but it's gonna take Horton a couple years to weed out the guys that don't wanna ball from the ones that listen to what he's telling them. I'm not the biggest fan of Horton but any defense can be competent given the time to roost. Can Horton build a legendary defense? I dunno, maybe not. Maybe at some point when we do have the right pieces someone else needs to come in and get them over.

    I think we need a new, better voice at DC. Not this year, but next.