Skip to content

Did you guys see Veikune's combine?

The Browns Board
25 17 1.9k
  • @shepwrite said:

    Hey, Larry English ran a 4.88 and he was a first round pass rusher. It's about short space speed and both guys have hit.

    Also, both guys ran better in individual workouts.

    I agree....he may not chase people down over 40 yards, but he is fast enough to get in to position over 10-15 yards.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree....he may not chase people down over 40 yards, but he is fast enough to get in to position over 10-15 yards.

    Yup, you're not running 40 yards to sack a qb.

  • Veikune's #94, lines up at LE (opposite the right tackle).

  • Well, by adding Barton and Coleman we have definitely improved our chances against the run on paper. It's there that I'm satisfied, but obviously questions remain about the pass rush and that's what makes this thread worth responding to.

    If Veikune can get to the QB with any kind of frequency he's already an upgrade over anything we've had since Jamir Miller. Don't get me wrong, I like Hall. I think Mangini/Ryan will get the most out of him, but dammit, we're way past due to hit on a guy that can just get to the passer on natural ability.

    Wimbley has proven to be just a one-trick pony so far: speed rusher and that's it. I am hoping Veikune can bring that to the table and more. I am also hoping Hall will continue to improve and Wimbley will find something new. We have GOT to get to the quarterbacks to have any hope of beating the average to better-than-average teams next year. Like I said before, it doesn't matter who's manning the secondary positions if you have no one creating problems for the opposing QB.

    Let's all hope Kokinis and Mangini found a gem on the islands.

  • Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but here is a series of news clips from Hawaii about Veikune's drafting. There are a few highlites in there, too:

  • Take a look at this hit from youtube, you need to look close at the left side of screen, it's over quickly