Skip to content

Lowering ticket prices is a sure sign....

The Browns Board
30 15 1.1k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Home: Jacksonville / AFC East LIkely Jets

    Away: Houston

    JAX looks like a prime pilgrimage candidate, if it's not too late in the season, with the Jets as a decent alternative.

    And looks like I have my Away road trip... in state. Y'all come!

    @tour2ma said:

    JAX looks like a prime pilgrimage candidate, if it's not too late in the season, with the Jets as a decent alternative.

    And looks like I have my Away road trip... in state. Y'all come!

    Just might meet you down Houston way next year Tour. Pretty sure they have a few nice restaurants there. If you're making a Cleveland trip let me know- I'll save you one of my seats.

  • @tour2ma said:

    JAX looks like a prime pilgrimage candidate, if it's not too late in the season, with the Jets as a decent alternative.

    And looks like I have my Away road trip... in state. Y'all come!

    I will be in the Houston area just after Christmas. (staying 2 nights in Galveston.) Will see a few sites hopefully: Astrodome, Johnson Space Center maybe, Anhuac NWR.

    @the-gipper said:

    I will be in the Houston area just after Christmas. (staying 2 nights in Galveston.) Will see a few sites hopefully: Astrodome, Johnson Space Center maybe, Anhuac NWR.

    Staying at the Galvez? http://www.hotelgalvez.com/

    Nice digs with an honest to goodness WWII pill box in its front lawn.

    Eats-wise Guido's is a Galveston landmark, if a bit dated, and Landry's is the "new kid" in the area... at least relatively speaking. Ate well at both in a four-day stay in March, 2015. In a shorter stay I recommend one or the other... too many other interesting hole-in-the-wall places.

    In NASA area I can recommend a couple places including a fabulous Italian place, Frenchie's Villa Capri in nearby Seabrook, TX up NASA Road 1 from the JSC. Unfortunately you may not be able to dine outside in December... great veranda with a beautiful view of Clear Lake... which is really not a lake. If you go try the Lobster Fri Diavolo... especially if it features one tail as they are flown in fresh.

    http://www.frenchiesvillacapri.com/villacapri/

    Wife #2 and I were married there, but i still think of it fondly... 😉

    Downscale the Seabrook Classic Cafe is amazing... best chicken fried steak I've had.

    http://www.seabrookclassiccafe.com/

    @hoorta said:

    Just might meet you down Houston way next year Tour. Pretty sure they have a few nice restaurants there. If you're making a Cleveland trip let me know- I'll save you one of my seats.

    Will do on the CLE trip...

    Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a great restaurant in Houston... and some will even cook the cat for you.

    If you do, we'll have to hit Pappa's Steak House, if we can get in. Pricey has hell, but the biggest wine book I've ever seen... unfortunately their mark ups are as big as their book.

    http://pappasbros.com/location/houston-galleria

    If not there, then Perry's Steak House. Food is as good or better. Wines are still pricey, but closer to reality than Pappa's.

    http://www.perryssteakhouse.com/menu-locations/houston/memorial-city/

    And there's always Spec's Liquor Warehouse's Main Store. You may have seen a wider selection of wines under one roof, but I haven't.

    http://specsonline.com/location/downtown-smith-street/

  • Actually Tour the "pillbox" is a coastal artillery bunker built from before WW I, with continued building during that war and added to during WW II. It's located at the site of the old Ft. Crockett and the San Luis Hotel (Resort) is built just behind the old Battery Hoskins 12 " gun emplacement. Galvez was completed/opened in 1911further up the seawall from Ft. Crockett. My grandfather was a coastal artillery officer stationed there before WW I and won my grandmother's hand in marriage after he had waded through waters, winds and rain during the 1915 hurricane to inquire as to her safety. She and her family had survived the 1900 hurricane so she had reason to be impressed by the young Capt. She dumped her other suitor like a hot potato who took several days after the storm to show up.

    sanluisspaandresortgalvestontexas.jpg

    http://www.galvestonlab.sefsc.noaa.gov/about_us/ft_crockett/

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Galvez#/media/File:HotelGalvez1911.jpg

  • ... and the rest is history... or your story... 😉

    Damn... I was off by one, whole war...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I will be in the Houston area just after Christmas. (staying 2 nights in Galveston.) Will see a few sites hopefully: Astrodome, Johnson Space Center maybe, Anhuac NWR.

    Staying at the Galvez? http://www.hotelgalvez.com/

    Nice digs with an honest to goodness WWII pill box in its front lawn.

    Eats-wise Guido's is a Galveston landmark, if a bit dated, and Landry's is the "new kid" in the area... at least relatively speaking. Ate well at both in a four-day stay in March, 2015. In a shorter stay I recommend one or the other... too many other interesting hole-in-the-wall places.

    In NASA area I can recommend a couple places including a fabulous Italian place, Frenchie's Villa Capri in nearby Seabrook, TX up NASA Road 1 from the JSC. Unfortunately you may not be able to dine outside in December... great veranda with a beautiful view of Clear Lake... which is really not a lake. If you go try the Lobster Fri Diavolo... especially if it features one tail as they are flown in fresh.

    http://www.frenchiesvillacapri.com/villacapri/

    Wife #2 and I were married there, but i still think of it fondly... 😉

    Downscale the Seabrook Classic Cafe is amazing... best chicken fried steak I've had.

    http://www.seabrookclassiccafe.com/

    @hoorta said:

    Just might meet you down Houston way next year Tour. Pretty sure they have a few nice restaurants there. If you're making a Cleveland trip let me know- I'll save you one of my seats.

    Will do on the CLE trip...

    Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a great restaurant in Houston... and some will even cook the cat for you.

    If you do, we'll have to hit Pappa's Steak House, if we can get in. Pricey has hell, but the biggest wine book I've ever seen... unfortunately their mark ups are as big as their book.

    http://pappasbros.com/location/houston-galleria

    If not there, then Perry's Steak House. Food is as good or better. Wines are still pricey, but closer to reality than Pappa's.

    http://www.perryssteakhouse.com/menu-locations/houston/memorial-city/

    And there's always Spec's Liquor Warehouse's Main Store. You may have seen a wider selection of wines under one roof, but I haven't.

    http://specsonline.com/location/downtown-smith-street/

    @tour2ma said:

    Staying at the Galvez? http://www.hotelgalvez.com/

    Nah, I think we are just going to Red Roof it.

    Nice digs with an honest to goodness WWII pill box in its front lawn.

    Eats-wise Guido's is a Galveston landmark, if a bit dated, and Landry's is the "new kid" in the area... at least relatively speaking. Ate well at both in a four-day stay in March, 2015. In a shorter stay I recommend one or the other... too many other interesting hole-in-the-wall places.

    Thanks for the tip.

  • ... and the rest is history... or your story... 😉

    Damn... I was off by one, whole war...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and the rest is history... or your story... 😉

    Damn... I was off by one, whole war...

    And one whole hotel. 😉

  • When a organization is lowering home tickets that is a proof of desperation to keep fans in the seats, no matter how the team plays. As if to say, Dear Browns fans,

    We are aware this team is not winning no matter what we try to change. So the front office is begging you not to turn your backs on us, and to show our thoughts of our fans, we will lower future ticket prices to keep you at the game.

    Well, I don't see why anyone will go to a game no matter what the lowered price is. Why not let the fans in free? I mean, its not like your paying the fans millions to sit in the stadium every week.

    Maybe if the fans that drive to the game actually stayed home, how much does this effect the team on the field, not a damn thing, it only hurts the ownership and money it brings in to pay the stadium bills, and players. So, if you cant afford to pay for your property, then the collection notices will begin showing up in the mail and then it will be time to close down the store.

    The real Cleveland Browns stopped playing in 1995. Since the new team was developed in 1999, its been a true "true mistake by the lake".

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    When a organization is lowering home tickets that is a proof of desperation to keep fans in the seats, no matter how the team plays. As if to say, Dear Browns fans,

    We are aware this team is not winning no matter what we try to change. So the front office is begging you not to turn your backs on us, and to show our thoughts of our fans, we will lower future ticket prices to keep you at the game.

    Well, I don't see why anyone will go to a game no matter what the lowered price is. Why not let the fans in free? I mean, its not like your paying the fans millions to sit in the stadium every week.

    Maybe if the fans that drive to the game actually stayed home, how much does this effect the team on the field, not a damn thing, it only hurts the ownership and money it brings in to pay the stadium bills, and players. So, if you cant afford to pay for your property, then the collection notices will begin showing up in the mail and then it will be time to close down the store.

    The real Cleveland Browns stopped playing in 1995. Since the new team was developed in 1999, its been a true "true mistake by the lake".

    i would not go watch this shit ass team and organization if they paid me....

  • @brownsfaninpa said:

    Since the new team was developed in 1999, its been a true "true mistake by the lake".

    Well yes and no, I remember browns fans bitching about Belicheck and losing most of those 6yrs from 1990 to 1995... before they moved.

    @stinkhole said:

    Well yes and no, I remember browns fans bitching about Belicheck and losing most of those 6yrs from 1990 to 1995... before they moved.

    belicheck was about to turn this franchise around...he stopped with the metcalf up the middle shit and had it mostly figured out..me thinks he also had that coach from bama on his staff...errrr whats his name...he also had dimetroff as the gm....not a bad trio...not sure about the spelling with the gm...but he's good...

  • One guarantee I'll give you. I WILL be back next year, whether or not my Season Ticket prices increase or decrease. Call me a fool if you like, but I am damn proud to be a lifelong, loyal Cleveland Browns' Fan. There are others like me and, when we turn this around, we will derive the greatest joy as we are the........

    "FANS WHO NEVER LEFT!"

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    One guarantee I'll give you. I WILL be back next year, whether or not my Season Ticket prices increase or decrease. Call me a fool if you like, but I am damn proud to be a lifelong, loyal Cleveland Browns' Fan. There are others like me and, when we turn this around, we will derive the greatest joy as we are the........

    "FANS WHO NEVER LEFT!"

    Mike

    in the meantime...a line from apocalypse now....THE HORROR, THE HORROR, THE HORROR....

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... and the rest is history... or your story... 😉

    Damn... I was off by one, whole war...

    And one whole hotel. 😉

    @texasag1969 said:

    And one whole hotel. 😉

    lol... yup... have stayed at both... and always call them both the "Galvez". One of my more dependable brain farts...