Skip to content

RB Darius Jackson Claimed off Waivers from Dallas

The Browns Board
33 18 1.6k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Rookie out of Eastern Michigan.

    Big (6' & 220) and fast, very fast... ran 4.38 and 4.41 at his Pro day. Check out his Vertical and Broad Jumps to boot...

    Dates: 03/18/16@Michigan
    Height: 6000
    Weight: 220
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.51
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.56

    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
    Vertical Jump: 41
    Broad Jump: 11'01"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
    3-Cone Drill: 6.87
    40 Time Range: 4.38-4.41
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #2

    The Cleveland Browns have claimed RB Darius Jackson via waivers from Dallas. To make room on the roster, the team waived LB Corey Lemoniericon-article-link.gif.


    Jackson is a 6-0, 220 pound rookie out of Eastern Michigan. Originally selected by Dallas in the sixth round, he was inactive for all 13 games this season. Jackson rushed for 1,078 yards and scored 16 touchdowns during his senior season at EMU. He is a native of Sparta, Ill.


    Lemonier appeared in eight games this season and logged nine tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.


  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

    Zombo

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Superbowl!!

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The kind of plus sized back I've been asking for.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #6

    I realize the kid "got Zeke'd" but am in draft mode here...Can't find nothing on the crucial Hand size law on this board? nor a Fumble issue guy nor injury background on this kid? Crow & Duke want facts not whacked..I need more ScoutMaster Time!! Dude can fly for 6ft. 220lbs.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #7

    #3 on the SPARQ score. . .

    https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #8

    wtf? not that lemonier was killing it but he was like 3rd on the team in sacks without getting a whole lot of playing time. And we cut him for a RB of which we already have two pretty good backs. Help me understand. If there's anything on this team that shows a semblance of competence it's our running game. Calm down i said semblance. But nothings gonna look spectacular behind that O line. I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

  • wtf? not that lemonier was killing it but he was like 3rd on the team in sacks without getting a whole lot of playing time. And we cut him for a RB of which we already have two pretty good backs. Help me understand. If there's anything on this team that shows a semblance of competence it's our running game. Calm down i said semblance. But nothings gonna look spectacular behind that O line. I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

    It's a tipoff. We ARE going to draft Garrett after we tank the last 3 games. 😉

  • I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

    Zombo

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Zombo said:

    I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

    Zombo

    ^^this

    Can he block a nose tackle? We could use someone like that...

    I read where his pro day #'s do not match the tape on him. Dances behind the LOS type of guy.

    I understand, what have we got to lose at this point, try him on for size. He looks good getting off the bus. But why not keep the Lemon guy? Would we even miss Atkinson?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

  • Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    Just mining for players after the Reiter and Cooper successes. Basically how I run my fantasy team.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Ray Farmer used to do it a lot - I remember lots of complaints about how he was more worried about the guys numbers 50-53 on the roster than the starting line up.

    Now, it seems, our FO has had some moderate success on the OL with Reiter and Cooper. So, that's something.

  • Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gftchris said:

    Lemonier is terrible. Though, I'm surprised it wasn't Can Johnson who has been inactive a lot recently.

    I think he starts every week and had a sack Sunday too.

    Z

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

  • He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @gftchris said:

    He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

    Both are raw as fuck. Our 20 game preseason tryout is almost over.

    Zombo

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Popular guy, according to Ian Rappaport 4 teams put in for Darius Jackson:

    Eagles, Giants, Niners, and Browns.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Don't understand cutting Lemonier of all people. He's probably responsible for 20% of our total sacks, LOL.