Skip to content

Bowl Game Skippin'... What Say Ye?

The Browns Board
58 23 1.6k
  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #41

    oh fuck that white rb's never make it in the NFL

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #42

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

  • sydS syd

    oh fuck that white rb's never make it in the NFL

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @syd said:

    oh fuck that white rb's never make it in the NFL

    I wouldn't use him strictly as a RB though. Not too many guys coming out have this kids athleticism. But we're not gonna end up with him so it doesn't matter...first two picks have to address major needs. If somehow he slips to the 2nd....well we'll talk then.

  • sydS syd

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @syd said:

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

  • @syd said:

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @clevfan4life said:

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

    a third no way I would give up more

  • B BrownPile wrote on last edited by BrownPile
    #46

    Used to be that the coach decided who played and who didn't.

    Now, the players tell the coaches and teams whether they feel like playing today or not because I'll get more money by not playing.

    Next logical progression of that attitude is that the star players will ONLY play in the two to three BIG games of the season.

    "I can't risk my draft position and multi-million dollar contract by playing against teams with losing records."

    Or, "I'll only play against top 10 ranked teams."

    Then the NEXT, next logical progression...

    "I'll ONLY play against teams whose analytics show I can run up my personal stats, thereby making my analytics drive my draft position and contract to the highest it can be."

  • sydS syd

    @texasag1969 said:

    So was Garrett most of the season, but he's still playing in a minor bowl.

    but were are not talking about him and they also play a different position

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @syd said:

    but were are not talking about him and they also play a different position

    They are gunshy because of Jalen Smith and he didn't play their position either. Garrett got hurt by a cheapshot by Ark. 6'10" OT who could not handle him so he did a full extend diving layout for his knees. We're talking players to decide whether OR NOT they are playing meaningless games. You chose two who decided they were more important than their teammates. I took one who is risking it all out of loyalty to his teammates.

  • sydS syd

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #48

    @syd said:

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    Oh yeah TD Tommy scored 37 touchdowns, and never recorded a fumble in his college career but in his four years with the BROWNS rushing for 3 TD 2 fumbles which shows there is a BIG difference between college and pro football.

    I'm surprised he hung around as long as he did in the NFL.

  • @syd said:

    but were are not talking about him and they also play a different position

    They are gunshy because of Jalen Smith and he didn't play their position either. Garrett got hurt by a cheapshot by Ark. 6'10" OT who could not handle him so he did a full extend diving layout for his knees. We're talking players to decide whether OR NOT they are playing meaningless games. You chose two who decided they were more important than their teammates. I took one who is risking it all out of loyalty to his teammates.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @texasag1969 said:

    They are gunshy because of Jalen Smith and he didn't play their position either. Garrett got hurt by a cheapshot by Ark. 6'10" OT who could not handle him so he did a full extend diving layout for his knees. We're talking players to decide whether OR NOT they are playing meaningless games. You chose two who decided they were more important than their teammates. I took one who is risking it all out of loyalty to his teammates.

    It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Stop being so Texags, man.

  • @syd said:

    remember the so called touchdown tommy vardell from stanford

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @clevfan4life said:

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

    o-JOHN-RIGGINS-facebook.jpg

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I also remember allstot and hillis.

    o-JOHN-RIGGINS-facebook.jpg

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Zombo said:

    o-JOHN-RIGGINS-facebook.jpg

    Riggins was tough!

  • Zombo said:

    o-JOHN-RIGGINS-facebook.jpg

    Riggins was tough!

    F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Riggins was tough!

    His feet/footspeed are overlooked for a power back.
  • @texasag1969 said:

    They are gunshy because of Jalen Smith and he didn't play their position either. Garrett got hurt by a cheapshot by Ark. 6'10" OT who could not handle him so he did a full extend diving layout for his knees. We're talking players to decide whether OR NOT they are playing meaningless games. You chose two who decided they were more important than their teammates. I took one who is risking it all out of loyalty to his teammates.

    It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Stop being so Texags, man.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @wargograw said:

    It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Stop being so Texags, man.

    He had one intention, go for the knees with a full layout. Legal? Yes. Cheapshot to get him out of the game? Yes.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Knees? Looked like a legal cut block to me...

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #55

    No upside to playing for a lot of guys. You draft talent and hope it works out and I wouldn't put as much stock in guys "abandoning" teams as I would guys flunking drug tests.

  • Zombo said:

    o-JOHN-RIGGINS-facebook.jpg

    Riggins was tough!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Riggins was tough!

    And like Emmitt Smith, today's Ezekiel Elliott and others it's nice having the Hogs opening holes and a good QB, still Riggo was a tough RB.

  • @wargograw said:

    It wasn't a cheap shot at all. Stop being so Texags, man.

    He had one intention, go for the knees with a full layout. Legal? Yes. Cheapshot to get him out of the game? Yes.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @texasag1969 said:

    He had one intention, go for the knees with a full layout. Legal? Yes. Cheapshot to get him out of the game? Yes.

    Not even close.

  • Used to be that the coach decided who played and who didn't.

    Now, the players tell the coaches and teams whether they feel like playing today or not because I'll get more money by not playing.

    Next logical progression of that attitude is that the star players will ONLY play in the two to three BIG games of the season.

    "I can't risk my draft position and multi-million dollar contract by playing against teams with losing records."

    Or, "I'll only play against top 10 ranked teams."

    Then the NEXT, next logical progression...

    "I'll ONLY play against teams whose analytics show I can run up my personal stats, thereby making my analytics drive my draft position and contract to the highest it can be."

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @brownpile said:

    Used to be that the coach decided who played and who didn't.

    Now, the players tell the coaches and teams whether they feel like playing today or not because I'll get more money by not playing.

    Next logical progression of that attitude is that the star players will ONLY play in the two to three BIG games of the season.

    "I can't risk my draft position and multi-million dollar contract by playing against teams with losing records."

    Or, "I'll only play against top 10 ranked teams."

    Then the NEXT, next logical progression...

    "I'll ONLY play against teams whose analytics show I can run up my personal stats, thereby making my analytics drive my draft position and contract to the highest it can be."

    I don't think you understand the meaning of the word logical....