***Official Browns Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***
-
Zombo said:
You, of all people, KNEW we were going to be awful this year.
These guys took over a 3-13 team, let the free agents walk and carried 19 rookies.
It was going to be ugly. We were all buckled down for it.
And then we win a game in the end ... nice ending.
Now we've got twice the draft collateral of anybody else and nowhere to go but up. That was the plan.
To keep bitching about this 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Were you happier at 3-13? I wasn't. I was miserable at the end of last year. I have some hope for this new administration, I see what they are doing, and I'm OK with it.
Certainly I will be expecting major improvement next year. But to keep bellyaching about the 2016 team ... I don't get it.
Zombo
Well, we've got six days and we can put this miserable season in the rear view mirror. Sure, I predicted only a couple of wins, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I wouldn't call it bitching- I'd call it accurately pointing out the Browns sucked badly this year. Glass half full? I'd call it glass damn near empty- this season. Just call it years of cumulative frustration. The Browns finally drained all the emotion out of me this year. The losses don't hurt anymore, and honesty I didn't get all warm and fuzzy about beating Chargers. We've almost been reduced to the level of Cubs Fans (until this year) but we're not "Lovable Losers", not yet anyway. More like Laughable Losers. Need about another decade of suckage to reach that level.
As you well know my fandom is unquestioned. Season tickets for the last 18 years, road trips to Miami and Nashville, plus three more to Cleveland. Watched every minute of every game when I wasn't at the stadium. A few of those games, it looked like we didn't even belong on the field with the other team. The epitome of high cost low reward. So I think I've earned the right to be unhappy with the current product. Our track record changing Front Offices and Coaches has been less than stellar since 1999, so call me a Grade A skeptic until I see something to be positive about. Sure, we have an incredible amount of draft capital and cap space. Just please don't screw it up this time, I'm not getting any younger.
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Drop the Mic our friend & We WILL be walking out of Hicksburg as a better Team with nothing to lose for it..Welcome to Squealer Week!!
-
Just watched the game again. Man, there are so many plays we'd like to have back. The one that kills me is the deep bomb to Pryor. I watched it a few times, and he could've come down with it. The defender grabbed his arm, but the ref isn't going to call a 60 yard pass interference penalty right there. Was it a foul? Yeah...I think it was. If you look closely, you see Pryor's arm get held, which contorts his body and prohibits him from extending both his arms to catch the ball. A huge touchdown before half? Man, that would've been HUGE. One of Robert's biggest errors was that miss to Hawkins in the end zone. It was just an awful pass, and a decent one would've netted 6 points. I watched it a few times, and the throw was just so bad. All he had to do was lead Hawk to the right side of the end zone with a little air under it...UGH. It's the kind of throw Kessler makes in his sleep. And finally, the Jamar Taylor interception. I watched the play and his return could've been better...like...MUCH BETTER. Watch when he catches the pick, and then turns to the middle of the field. He has a blocker to his right, and virtually ALL of the sideline. Instead, he basically runs straight into a 340 pound lineman. If Jamar runs to the sideline, I'm not sure who gets him. Probably a WR picks him up somewhere before the end zone, but I don't know. If he just gets to the sideline, he might be GONE. I'm serious...it was so open.
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
-
Just watched the game again. Man, there are so many plays we'd like to have back. The one that kills me is the deep bomb to Pryor. I watched it a few times, and he could've come down with it. The defender grabbed his arm, but the ref isn't going to call a 60 yard pass interference penalty right there. Was it a foul? Yeah...I think it was. If you look closely, you see Pryor's arm get held, which contorts his body and prohibits him from extending both his arms to catch the ball. A huge touchdown before half? Man, that would've been HUGE. One of Robert's biggest errors was that miss to Hawkins in the end zone. It was just an awful pass, and a decent one would've netted 6 points. I watched it a few times, and the throw was just so bad. All he had to do was lead Hawk to the right side of the end zone with a little air under it...UGH. It's the kind of throw Kessler makes in his sleep. And finally, the Jamar Taylor interception. I watched the play and his return could've been better...like...MUCH BETTER. Watch when he catches the pick, and then turns to the middle of the field. He has a blocker to his right, and virtually ALL of the sideline. Instead, he basically runs straight into a 340 pound lineman. If Jamar runs to the sideline, I'm not sure who gets him. Probably a WR picks him up somewhere before the end zone, but I don't know. If he just gets to the sideline, he might be GONE. I'm serious...it was so open.
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
Lastly, the 4th and 10 at the end of the game. I was screaming "COVER GATES!!!" Not only did we not cover him well....WE DIDNT COVER HIM AT ALL. Jesus...
We didn't cover him much all game which doesn't say much about our LB's who can't cover a 50 year old TE.
-
right next to your boy manziel while we sniff lines off the pool boy's hairy ass.
thank god there's only one game left where i have to listen to the fake positivity and blown out of proportion AFCN picks.
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Not sure why you are tying me to Manziel, I guess you don't read the board, you just spew on it.
The majority of Browns fans on here are real fans ... you're the fake.
I went to Miami for a Browns weekend and died on a missed field goal. I spent four days in downtown Cleveland in November with other great fans, just to have the Browns gets trounced by the Cowboys. The other 13 games, as a Browns Backer president, I hosted a party of 70-80 of my closest friends, who came out week after week to spend the afternoon together and have fun, even though the losses became more and more obvious. Ya, we cheered for first downs, we went nuts for Touchdowns, and we walked away disappointed every week.
I totally understood the rebuild process from the beginning. I knew we were in for a long year with a lot of rookies, and then when the injuries added up, it was sure looking like 0-16 was real. I wanted one win for those 70 people that showed up every week to root for the Browns here in Naples. I wanted one win for the thousands of Browns Backers that took over Miami. I wanted one win for my buds that flew in from San Diego, London and Scotland for that Cleveland weekend. I wanted one win for the loyal Browns Boarders that went to the Nashville game. I wanted one win for the guys on the Browns Board who post here every day, analyze every series, and truly love being Browns fans. I wanted one win for Mud so that he didn't have a seizure. I wanted one win for the rookies so that they can carry that feeling with them next year. I wanted one win for the veterans that endured this season knowing the whole football world was laughing at them. I wanted one win for Hue Jackson who was given a monumental task of swimming against the talent grain his first year.
I am also an NFL History aficionado. The Browns history means a lot to me. I DID NOT want to be that team that went 0-16. Leave that to the Lions. Leave me some pride. I truly care about this franchise's place in history.
So, yes, I am happy they won. I am very fucking happy. I'm elated. I had childlike joy Saturday night.
And if you watched that game, and then saw the players rejoicing, tears in the eyes of Joe Thomas and and Hue Jackson ... and you didn't feel anything ... and you consider yourself a Browns fan ... then get off that barstool and start living life again, because you're dead inside.
Onward and Upward. We survived the worst, and I am fucking happy for this team and for Cleveland Browns football fans everywhere.
Zombo
major ass-kicksies to miktoxies
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login